Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vojnik
    • Apr 2011

I think she done great what else could she have done if you were some celebrity and was bombed by a reporter I'm sure you wouldn't stand there and try to quote sources and try to teach him/her how Macedonia is our name and we aren't Greek.

All she did was make him burn inside because he got a reaction which he wasn't after he wanted her to argue. Of course she isn't being serious about the Greek music at weddings part she isn't serious about any of that Greek stuff. Obviously...

Comment

• Egejska
      • Sep 2008

Her english is not good thus she was limited.

She good, not giving into the reporter. It really is a joke if a journo brings in politics into a song contest.. even if it really is a political contest but still. We have enough of it during the votes..
      An idea whose time has come, cannot be stopped by any army or any government.
      Ron Paul.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
        She sucked his ass dry, all she should have said was that she is Macedonian and that she loves Macedonia not Greece. Plus I just came back from a Macedonian wedding having already finished two and have two more on the way I can say that we do not in any way shape or form play Greek music or even dance Greek. She must be on drugs.
        Yeah i agree, i thought her response was pathetic honestly. And i bet you she is one of those types that goes to grease often for holidays and probably has a market there as well......

Im sick of idiot macedonians who think that they can be better than the rest of the balkans by being "progressive and left", and ignore "politics" and be friends with animals like the new age grks or shiptars, who constantly spit on our culture and look down on us.

Why would you love some ones culture, music, people and holiday destination when they are putting you down in front of you face? It does not make sense.

It reminds me of when the new age grks won the euro cup, and we had idiot left macedonians in skopje celebrating the grk win by waving grk flags, playing grk music and dancing to grik music and telling the whole world how much we love our grk "friends" and that we dont let "politics" get in the way of this crazy thing we called love.

Or the time the "angel of macedonia", the great Tose Proevski went to grease for eurovision or something and sung songs in grk and kissed the grk cross, WTF man?!

Its no wonder no one respects macedonians anymore.

If i was Kaliopi, my response would have been "yes i am from macedonia, and i am macedonian. Im proud to be macedonian because we have produced a lot of famous macedonians such as cyril and methodius and alexander the great".
        But from what i understand is that macedonians are not allowed to discuss the topic of alexander the great in front of griks or even westerners, we dont want to be seen as the bad guys

Comment

• vojnik
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
          Yeah i agree, i thought her response was pathetic honestly. And i bet you she is one of those types that goes to grease often for holidays and probably has a market there as well......

Im sick of idiot macedonians who think that they can be better than the rest of the balkans by being "progressive and left", and ignore "politics" and be friends with animals like the new age grks or shiptars, who constantly spit on our culture and look down on us.

Why would you love some ones culture, music, people and holiday destination when they are putting you down in front of you face? It does not make sense.

It reminds me of when the new age grks won the euro cup, and we had idiot left macedonians in skopje celebrating the grk win by waving grk flags, playing grk music and dancing to grik music and telling the whole world how much we love our grk "friends" and that we dont let "politics" get in the way of this crazy thing we called love.

Or the time the "angel of macedonia", the great Tose Proevski went to grease for eurovision or something and sung songs in grk and kissed the grk cross, WTF man?!

Its no wonder no one respects macedonians anymore.

If i was Kaliopi, my response would have been "yes i am from macedonia, and i am macedonian. Im proud to be macedonian because we have produced a lot of famous macedonians such as cyril and methodius and alexander the great".
          But from what i understand is that macedonians are not allowed to discuss the topic of alexander the great in front of griks or even westerners, we dont want to be seen as the bad guys
          WTF are you joking? I wouldn't call it pathetic but I wouldn't call it the best response either. I'd say it was adequate for the situation she was put in. The reporter was trying to aggravate her, why would she turn around and give him a history lesson? We all know that every Greek inside knows that we are Macedonian's and they aren't and continue to provoke us saying we aren't and Macedonians don't exist in order to get reactions from us.

Why on earth would a singer turn around and start discussing politics and start giving history lessons when provoked I don't understand. I have never in my life even seen a western performer or any performer for that matter turn around and start giving a history lesson to a reporter when provoked or try to challenge a reporters comments when they are bombarded they usually all walk away and have no comment.

SHE OBVIOUSLY WAS JOKING ABOUT THE MUSIC AND CULTURE! I don't even know why you would think she is dead serious about what she says, you and other members obviously can't tell what sarcasm is...

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
            WTF are you joking? I wouldn't call it pathetic but I wouldn't call it the best response either. I'd say it was adequate for the situation she was put in. The reporter was trying to aggravate her, why would she turn around and give him a history lesson? We all know that every Greek inside knows that we are Macedonian's and they aren't and continue to provoke us saying we aren't and Macedonians don't exist in order to get reactions from us.

Why on earth would a singer turn around and start discussing politics and start giving history lessons when provoked I don't understand. I have never in my life even seen a western performer or any performer for that matter turn around and start giving a history lesson to a reporter when provoked or try to challenge a reporters comments when they are bombarded they usually all walk away and have no comment.

SHE OBVIOUSLY WAS JOKING ABOUT THE MUSIC AND CULTURE! I don't even know why you would think she is dead serious about what she says, you and other members obviously can't tell what sarcasm is...
            Funny how a singer doesn't have the responsibility to bring up politics or history but some drop kick reporter can.
            Saying you are proud of alexander the great or your culture isnt talking about history or politics brah

Also, bands such as U2 usually talk about history, politics or world issues. Macedonians are too busy being every ones friend to care and stand up to themselves it seems

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BBS
              This is why Kaliopi sucked it up as well I would imagine. It is merely another market that might pay some money to her one day. I think it is becoming too much of an ask to have a principled stance from RoMacedonians about anything nowadays.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

For once, I agree with vojnik. She was obviously taking the piss and her over-the-top, exaggerated enthusiasm towards Greece is evidence of this.

The reporter wanted an argument and obviously expected it, yet he was given the opposite. It made him look like a complete idiot. He turns up to a singing contest to hassle a Macedonian singer and she entirely dismisses him...barely giving the him a chance to speak. It seems that a few of you here need to brush up on the definition of sarcasm.

Sure, she didn't handle it in the best possible way, but she utilised an appropriate reaction given the context. Note that while she is walking away, she adopts a serious attitude and finishes with 'but the name of my country is Macedonia.' I mean, what more do you want? Eurovision isn't about politics.

Funny how a singer doesn't have the responsibility to bring up politics or history but some drop kick reporter can.
                Saying you are proud of alexander the great or your culture isnt talking about history or politics brah
                And that is why the reporter looked like a complete stooge. Why should she get into a debate with a Greek reporter and have a 'deep and meaningful' argument with him. It's pretty much like talking to a wall, they won't listen. I'd rather she promoted Macedonia through other means, as opposed to conversing with Greek reporters.

In regards to your second point, it is talking about history. It's a singing contest for god's sake, if anything we should be expressing our culture and history through the song. Next time I'm asked a question, regardless of the topic, I'll be sure to add in 'oh btw I'm proud of Alexander, my favourite part was the battle of Chaeronea.'

Can't you see that by saying... "yes i am from macedonia, and i am macedonian. Im proud to be macedonian because we have produced a lot of famous macedonians such as cyril and methodius and alexander the great"...she would be feeding the troll? (if you're aware of that kind of terminology).

Comment

• vojnik
                  • Apr 2011

Think you have been watching to many Zyzz videos "brah" lol

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  This is why Kaliopi sucked it up as well I would imagine. It is merely another market that might pay some money to her one day. I think it is becoming too much of an ask to have a principled stance from RoMacedonians about anything nowadays.
                  I don't think any market in Greece would be able to pay her anytime soon...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Were they paying Tose?
                    The Greeks pay Ferus to go there.
                    Tose was able to do Serbian songs quite well when necessary.
                    The point being are we relying on musicians to be ambassadors for Macedonia ... well, the politicians aren't.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• United MKD
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                      For once, I agree with vojnik. She was obviously taking the piss and her over-the-top, exaggerated enthusiasm towards Greece is evidence of this.

The reporter wanted an argument and obviously expected it, yet he was given the opposite. It made him look like a complete idiot. He turns up to a singing contest to hassle a Macedonian singer and she entirely dismisses him...barely giving the him a chance to speak. It seems that a few of you here need to brush up on the definition of sarcasm.

Sure, she didn't handle it in the best possible way, but she utilised an appropriate reaction given the context. Note that while she is walking away, she adopts a serious attitude and finishes with 'but the name of my country is Macedonia.' I mean, what more do you want? Eurovision isn't about politics.

And that is why the reporter looked like a complete stooge. Why should she get into a debate with a Greek reporter and have a 'deep and meaningful' argument with him. It's pretty much like talking to a wall, they won't listen. I'd rather she promoted Macedonia through other means, as opposed to conversing with Greek reporters.

In regards to your second point, it is talking about history. It's a singing contest for god's sake, if anything we should be expressing our culture and history through the song. Next time I'm asked a question, regardless of the topic, I'll be sure to add in 'oh btw I'm proud of Alexander, my favourite part was the battle of Chaeronea.'

Can't you see that by saying... "yes i am from macedonia, and i am macedonian. Im proud to be macedonian because we have produced a lot of famous macedonians such as cyril and methodius and alexander the great"...she would be feeding the troll? (if you're aware of that kind of terminology).
                      Well said.

Comment

• United MKD
                        • Jul 2011

Got any pics or news articles from these two events?

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
                          Got any pics or news articles from these two events?
                          In regards to macedonians in Skopje celebrating the grk win for the euro cup with grk flags and dancing to grk music, i have tried numerous times to find articles about this but havent. I have tried every search result/key word but it is too hard especially with all of the "disputes" between macedonia and greece.
                          I remember it like yesterday as i participated in another forum many years ago, a grk forum, and they were all laughing it up......

In regards to Tose, again i cant find the article were he kissed the grk cross and said he loved greece, or the concerts he had in greece were he sung grk.
                          The closest i can find is a few clips on youtube of him singing his songs in grk for his grk releases:

Tose Proeski ~ Limenka (Greek Version) - YouTube

Also this is interesting coming from a grk fan:

I knew Tose Proeski from the Eurovision Song Contest 2004. He had visited many times Greece to record music or sing live with national stars. Despite not being very known in my homeland, he had a small fanbase due to the fact that he was a fan of Greek music. It's really sad that he had such a horrible death. And above all he was so young. God rest him.
                          George Papadimitriou, Kastoria, Greece
                          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

From what i understand Tose spent a lot of time in greece to create albums, released grk versions of his albums for the grk market, and his producer was a grk, Manolis Vlahos.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post

To me her cry of "im not a politician" seemed like a desperate cry for mercy, but thats me.....

Its great to be sarcastic, but to me the whole "we love grk music" etc took it a bit to far.

Eurovision is a political arena for macedonians, almost every social/popular even that macedonia is in is a political arena, that is the sad truth. Macedonians are constantly always fighting for basic human rights.

It is rather sad seeing macedonians singing and smiling behind the japanese FYROMski ventilator and happy being labled as the FYROM. Sucking up to grk racist idiots is more salt to the wound.

Musicians and sports stars represent macedonia and the macedonians, the lame excuse of them not being politicians thus they should not care about macedonian pride and basic human rights is a poor one.

I doubt a croat would take such rubbish from a serb (or vice versa), or a jew from a palestinian (or vice versa), its always the nice and adorable macedonians who have to accommodate to every one else s bullshit and walk on egg shells.
                            Last edited by Big Bad Sven; 05-31-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                              • Jan 2009

The point being are we relying on musicians to be ambassadors for Macedonia ... well, the politicians aren't.
                              Cant rely on macedonian politicians, they are as about as useful as tits on a bull.

Seems like we cant rely on macedonian musicians or sportspeople as well, they arent politicians so its not their jobs.

Who is left to stand up for the macedonians?

Comment

• Brian
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2011

I'll pretend I listened to it.
                                Here is my review:

The song sounds kitsch to the point of tasteless and it makes Macedonians look silly.
                                LOL.Sounds like you just described most of Eurovision.

@ALL re 'level of defending macedonia sucks'

Have you ever heard of the saying 'there's a time and a place'?
                                Have you ever been to birthday party, wedding, ect and the one or more 'Grease-balls' there (usually if it's more then one - they're gutless wonders otherwise) wants a 'history lesson'? I'm sure your host is going to be happy with the 'noise' from one corner of the hall even if you're a 1000 times right.

This was just a song contest and she was just a singer. In a place where ALL of Europe is there for fun should she have been responsible for creating a scene and getting into an all-out-knock-down verbal fight and make Macedonia as the 'fun spoiler' and hence the 'bad-guy'? That was exactly the Greek reporters intention ie even if you're right you still come off looking bad because you destroyed the fun atmosphere (wow, the guy who 'doesn't understand' baiting said this).

Her basic response (ie "mind F'ing") was the correct one but she is not that capable and derailed herself by going overboard and saying Greek songs/music at Macedonian weddings and her weakness stood out and as lavce pelagonski correctly pointed out (I too) have never hear Greek music at a Macedonian wedding but where one of the bride/groom are Greek. Only that part made here sort of pathetic. Something like 'we love Greek music so much we play it everywhere' would have been better.

Comment

Working...
                                X