Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Kure, looks like you have indigenous roots.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Kure, you have some hard evidence there...

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        Kure, you have some hard evidence there...
        Really? How do you know? How do we really know? Why hasn't iGENEA been in any peer reviewed scientific journals? (if they have then someone please post it).
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I think the best thing to do is for Kure to put it out for public viewing and let everyone get a grip on it.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I think the best thing to do is for Kure to put it out for public viewing and let everyone get a grip on it.
            I agree Risto, Kure has to stand firm with this info, regardless of those not willing to swallow the information at hand

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Phoenix, the problem with this sometimes is that it is too tempting for Kure to poke people in the eye with information like this. Sometimes hard facts are the best facts.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• iskra
                • Jun 2010

I have heard that a legal expert by the name of Mrs. Palmer, with the aid of her daughters, is planning to undermine the presumption that Kure has hard evidence...
                Last edited by iskra; 07-15-2010, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Phoenix, the problem with this sometimes is that it is too tempting for Kure to poke people in the eye with information like this. Sometimes hard facts are the best facts.
                  Yes, I'm all for Kure driving the point home, you know a good hard pounding, that's the money shot in this debate...

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

So it's not just me who is a fan of double entendre

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by iskra View Post
                      I have heard that a legal expert by the name of Mrs. Palmer, with the aid of her daughters, is planning to undermine the presumption that Kure has hard evidence...
                      iskra, that sounds like premature speculation, I'm betting that our Kure will stand up to anything your experts will expose

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Gentlemen, there is no need to be crossing swords on this matter. Clearly kure has some stiff competition in relation to his points, I hope this does not come to a sticky end.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

I think TM raises a valid point.

Who else endorses the findings of iGENEA?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• iskra
                            • Jun 2010

Maybe so Phoenix, though it could become frustrating and socially challenging for Kure if he continues to maintain his point and not come to a sticky end, as Risto hopes. All kinds of people, prompted by the constant prodding of his point, might begin to regularly ask, "why is this Kure such a hard man?" Forgive me Risto, for not putting my lance away and continuing to joust.
                            Last edited by iskra; 07-15-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

What are some of the questionable arguments here? is the company "iGEANEA" at question or the DNA process it self?
                              It its the former, then let me share this quick research i just did. iGENEA are in partnership with "Family TreeDNA" so are other commercial genetic genealogy companies such as,

African DNA
                              Founded by Henry Louis Gates, African DNA[8] combines DNA testing with genealogical research.[9]

DNA Ancestry & Family Origin
                              DNA Ancestry & Family Origin[10] is a genetic genealogy testing partnership between Family Tree DNA and Eastern Biotech & Life Sciences.

iGENEA
                              Family Tree DNA has a European partnership with iGENEA[12]. Their website is available in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.[13]

MyHeritage
                              A dynamic partnership with myHeritage was launched in November 2008. myHeritage is a genealogical and family social networking website that produces online and PC based genealogy software.[14]

National Geographic Genographic Project
                              Family Tree DNA is the testing company for all public participation in the Genographic Project.

Quote:"iGENEA collaborates with FamilyTreeDNA. This collaboration assures the clients of iGENEA the access to the world largest and fastest growing database for DNA genealogy. The laboratory of FamilyTreeDNA is one of the leading ones within DNA-Genealogy".

"After the samples arrive and are registered with FamilyTreeDNA in Houston (USA), they are sent, along with any important additional information to the laboratory (Genomics Research Center) for processing".

"The analysis data are evaluated with the support of specialized computer software and checked for accuracy again by a scientist. In a few uncertain cases or in the case of unusual results, the internationally constituted group of scientists who work at FamilyTreeDNA has to confer; the group is made up of biologists and biotechnologists some of whom have worked in the field of DNA-analysis and genetics for more than 15 years".

Now a little about this parent or big brother called "Family TreeDNA"

Family Tree DNA was founded in 1999 by Bennett Greenspan, an entrepreneur and lifelong genealogy enthusiast. Greenspan now serves as President and CEO of Family Tree DNA.
                              Family Tree DNA became widely known for its Y-chromosome STR testing for the Cohen Modal Haplotype. Family Tree DNA includes among its scientific staff, Dr. Michael Hammer (PhD), one of a team of scientists that first published on the Cohen Modal Haplotype in 1997 in the journal "Nature". (Nature is one of the world's most prestigious scientific journals, first published on 4 November 1869. It is the world's most highly cited interdisciplinary science journal).

Scientists employed by Family Tree DNA or who serve on the Scientific Advisory Board of Family Tree DNA include: Michael Hammer (PhD), Bruce Walsh (PhD), Doron Behar (MD, PhD), Theodore G. Schurr (PhD), Alan J. Redd (PhD), Connie Bormans (PhD), Thomas Krahn (Msc), Matthew Kaplan (PhD cand.)

I will not bother to go on and research who these scientists are but what i am trying to get at, is that by the look of things, iGENEA is not in it alone and the highly reputable "Family TreeDNA" has a major part in iGENEA.

Well i assume they are highly reputable otherwise why would 90% Of Genealogists Choose Family Tree DNA (acording to one of there own sites which they also claim)

"Family Tree DNA is the world leader in Genetic Genealogy. Since its inception in April of 2000, we have been constantly developing the science that enables genealogists around the world to advance their family's research.
                              Family Tree DNA has the worlds largest database for comparison purposes".
                              Last edited by Bill77; 07-15-2010, 10:03 PM.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                                • Jan 2009

Kure hasnt posted here for a while, maybe he is having a bit of stage fright and just cant get up????

Comment

Working...
                                X