Aussies - which telco is your mobile with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bij
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    If you setup a Pennytel account at home to replace your landline account, (using "Smartdial" on your mobile) AUS$10 will get you 76 minutes to a Macedonian landline and 30 minutes to a Macedonian mobile number.

Where is my commission?
    We have Korpcom at home, pay $5 for an hour to Macedonia.

They have mobile plans too, using Telstra, perhaps you should switch your kids to their services as they are Macedonians.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

We have a BatPhone that rings Gruevski direct in our house.
      Unfortunately he keeps hanging up when I give him advice.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        We have a BatPhone that rings Gruevski direct in our house.
        Unfortunately he keeps hanging up when I give him advice.
        You should try Skyping with Grujo. Much better. He only disconnects on me when I ask him to take his shirt off.

Comment

• macorules94
          • Apr 2009

In January 2005 I was with Vodafone. In April 2006 and then changed back to Vodafone. Then in 2007 I was with Virgin, and then in March 2007 changed to Optus and have been with it since.

I find Vodafone and Optus to be the best, and Virgin to be the worst.

With virgin, it costs credit to check credit lol.

Optus is good coz you can use 1800 reverse, and if you're out of credit and really need it, just text IOU to 468 and they give you $3 and take it back next time you get credit

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Its strange that you say that, Optus actually owns Virgin Mobile.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• macorules94
              • Apr 2009

Optus also owns Boost. lol. Virgin Mobile is just pure shit

Comment

• sf.
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                Its strange that you say that, Optus actually owns Virgin Mobile.
                I thought Virgin were independent, but used the optus network.
                Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Nope it was a 50-50 partnership with Richard Branson, he basically did the advertizing and everything then when it reached its peak, Optus bought them out.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

I've been with Optus past 2 years. Find them to be good. They call me every 18 months or so and ask me if I'd like a new phone. Next is the new IPhone 4G coming in June. Check it out Bij.
                    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Bij
                      • Oct 2009

right well i've had my Three contract cancelled today and need to find a new phone ASAP

i hear next monday/tuesday they are releasing the details of the new iphone, so i'll wait until then.

might just go get a sim with Telstra in the mean time on a month to month basis and see how it works for me.

Comment

• fyrOM
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010

More Active Sun Means Nasty Solar Storms Ahead

SPACE.com Space.com Staff

space.com – Wed Jun 9, 6:00 pm ET

The sun is about to get a lot more active, which could have ill effects on Earth. So to prepare, top sun scientists met Tuesday to discuss the best ways to protect Earth's satellites and other vital systems from the coming solar storms.

Solar storms occur when sunspots on our star erupt and spew out flumes of charged particles that can damage power systems. The sun's activity typically follows an 11-year cycle, and it looks to be coming out of a slump and gearing up for an active period.

"The sun is waking up from a deep slumber, and in the next few years we expect to see much higher levels of solar activity," said Richard Fisher, head of NASA's Heliophysics Division. "At the same time, our technological society has developed an unprecedented sensitivity to solar storms. The intersection of these two issues is what we're getting together to discuss."

Fisher and other experts met at the Space Weather Enterprise Forum, which took place in Washington, D.C., at the National Press Club.

Bad news for gizmos

People of the 21st century rely on high-tech systems for the basics of daily life. But smart power grids, GPS navigation, air travel, financial services and emergency radio communications can all be knocked out by intense solar activity.

A major solar storm could cause twenty times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina, warned the National Academy of Sciences in a 2008 report, "Severe Space Weather Events—Societal and Economic Impacts." [Photos: Sun storms.]

Luckily, much of the damage can be mitigated if managers know a storm is coming. That's why better understanding of solar weather, and the ability to give advance warning, is especially important.

Putting satellites in 'safe mode' and disconnecting transformers can protect electronics from damaging electrical surges.

"Space weather forecasting is still in its infancy, but we're making rapid progress," said Thomas Bogdan, director of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)'s Space Weather Prediction Center in Boulder, Colo.

Eyes on the sun

NASA and NOAA work together to manage a fleet of satellites that monitor the sun and help to predict its changes.

A pair of spacecraft called STEREO (Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory) is stationed on opposite sides of the sun, offering a combined view of 90 percent of the solar surface. In addition, SDO (the Solar Dynamics Observatory), which just launched in February 2010, is able to photograph solar active regions with unprecedented spectral, temporal and spatial resolution. Also, an old satellite called the Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE), which launched in 1997, is still chugging along monitoring winds coming off the sun. And there are dozens more dedicated to solar science.

"I believe we're on the threshold of a new era in which space weather can be as influential in our daily lives as ordinary terrestrial weather." Fisher said. "We take this very seriously indeed."

Comment

Working...
                        X