X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blagojce
    • Mar 2010

'Quality' reporting from athenians in Melbourne

Just saw this. Do not understand why this athenian would bother to write this article for us. Seriously is it a joke or something?

West gets behind cause
    Fundraising | Stella Tzobanakis
    326 words
    2 February 2010
    Wyndham Leader
    NLWYNL
    1 - WB
    English
    Copyright 2010 News Ltd. All Rights Reserved

HUNDREDS of impoverished people in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) are receiving aid from residents across Melbourne's West.

Australian Humanitarian Aid for Macedonia has set up donation drop-off points in western suburbs including Ardeer, St Albans and Laverton. Another is planned for Hoppers Crossing.

The aid bases across Australia are used by residents to drop off mainly clothing, blankets and bed sheets which are packed in specially-marked boxes and shipped to the FYROM.

Cira Joldeski, who is from Ohrid in the FYROM, said hundreds of boxes had been filled by locals.

Once the boxes are filled, Fund members such as Janko Georgievski of Bundoora, pick them up and send them overseas.

``After the separation from former Yugoslavia, the Macedonians were left with nothing,'' Mr Georgievski, who was born in Bitola, said.

``They had to start their lives again so we intend, as an organisation, to help those people and to especially help the elderly, the poor and the people with disabilities.''

Mr Georgievski said since the fund started in 2002 through the humanitarian section of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, Milosrdie more than 5000 boxes have been sent to the FYROM, aiding thousands of people.

Other goods shipped through the fund to the FYROM have included medical equipment. A container scheduled to go last week contained 2000 walking canes for the blind.

Mr Georgievski said the fund had also launched appeals to raise money to help those in the FYROM needing urgent medical attention to receive treatment in Australia.

He cited examples including a 35-year-old woman who received 85 per cent burns to her body during a workplace incident in the FYROM in 2003. Treatment was unavailable in her country so the woman was brought to Melbourne by the fund and treated.

Anyone wanting more information on the Australian Humanitarian Aid for Macedonia can call 9467 8027.
  • julie
    • May 2009

Do you have the link for the article?
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Blagojce
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
      Do you have the link for the article?
      No sorry. I found it through factiva. You need a password to enter the site. It has articles from newspapers from all over Australia.

Comment

• Blagojce
        • Mar 2010

Same author, same article, only different paper.

West gets behind Macedonia
        388 words
        26 January 2010
        Hobsons Bay Times
        NLHOBB
        1 - HT
        English
        Copyright 2010 News Ltd. All Rights Reserved

HUNDREDS of impoverished people in Macedonia are receiving aid from residents across Melbourne's West and beyond.

The Australian Macedonian Humanitarian Aid Relief Fund has set up donation drop-off points in western suburbs including Ardeer, St Albans and Laverton. Another is planned for Hoppers Crossing.

The aid bases across Australia are used by residents to drop off mainly clothing, blankets and bed sheets which are packed in specially-marked boxes and shipped to Macedonia.

The Ardeer Hot Bread shop on Fitzgerald Rd is one of the aid bases.

Cira Joldeski, who is from Ohrid in Macedonia, said hundreds of boxes had been filled with aid from locals.

``It's to help the people in Macedonia,'' Mrs Joldeski said.

``They are very poor.''

Once the boxes are filled, Fund members such as Janko Georgievski of Bundoora, pick them up and send them overseas.

``After the separation from former Yugoslavia, the Macedonians were left with nothing,'' Mr Georgievski, who was born in Bitola, said.

``They had to start their lives again so we intend, as an organisation, to help those people and to especially help the elderly, the poor and the people with disabilities.''

Mr Georgievski said since the fund started in 2002 through the humanitarian section of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, Milosrdie more than 5000 boxes have been sent to Macedonia, aiding thousands of poverty-stricken people.

Other goods shipped through the fund to Macedonia have included medical equipment. A container scheduled to go last week contained 2000 walking canes for the blind.

Mr Georgievski said the fund had also launched appeals to raise money to help those in Macedonia needing urgent medical attention to receive treatment in Australia.

He cited examples including a 35-year-old woman who received 85 per cent burns to her body during a workplace incident in Macedonia in 2003. Treatment was unavailable in her country so the woman was brought to Melbourne by the fund and treated at the Alfred Hospital before returning to Macedonia.

Mr Georgievski said had she not received treatment, she would have died.

``Our aim is to help people,'' Mr Georgievski said.

``And we are doing this because of people wanting to help other people.''

Anyone wanting more information on the Fund can call 9466 2272.

STELLA TZOBANAKIS

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Lowlife morons, don't see any value in such an article being posted here, other than seeing further evidence of delusion from some Greeks. Who knows if it is a joke or what, the fact that there is constant reference to the acronym deems it pathetic enough.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

I can imagine Stella's nipples hardening and her nether region soaking wet as she bellows "fyrom" again and again with the same passion as Brando's cry to 'Stella' in a 'Street Car Named Desire'...

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              I can imagine Stella's nipples hardening and her nether region soaking wet ...
              Stellaaaaa

Stella Tzobanakis has written Creforce:The Anzacs and the Battle of Crete, an entertaining historical account of the Battle of Crete for teenagers.
              The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Onur
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                Stellaaaaa

Btw, her surname "TZOBANAKIS" means "Sheepman, shepard"

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                  Btw, her surname "TZOBANAKIS" means "Sheepman, shepard"
                  I'm sure she has more to do with goats than sheep....

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

What did you expect from a 'choban/tzoban'?
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• molika
                      • Sep 2008

take it easy, Stella is a close friend of mine.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

I would like to think that you're kidding but you seem not to be. Is she really your friend? If so, tell her to tattoo the acronym 'fyrom' on her forehead, seeing as she is so fond of it.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by molika View Post
                          take it easy, Stella is a close friend of mine.
                          ...I think you should take better care when collecting new 'friends'...

Comment

• molika
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            I would like to think that you're kidding but you seem not to be. Is she really your friend? If so, tell her to tattoo the acronym 'fyrom' on her forehead, seeing as she is so fond of it.
                            no need with the smart arse comments. SOM.
                            i am defending a friend i have known since primary school. Stella has many macedonian friends and i am one of them. i am stating a fact, i am not angry. good luck to you.

Comment

• molika
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              ...I think you should take better care when collecting new 'friends'...
                              i dont collect friends, i make friends. Smart arse no 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X