X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

Remember the show "Frontline"?

Do any of you remember the show "Frontline"?

It was an Australian comedy television series which satirised Australian television current affairs programmes and reporting. It ran from 1994 - 1997.

Here is the very first episode of that show (back in 1994), I think you will all find it interesting and very informative.

It mentions the name dispute and, despite being a comedy, it provides some real insight into how things operate behind the scenes, with the media.

YouTube - Frontline (S1E1: The Soufflé Rises)
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

Well done Rogi.

These guys put together great satire back in the 1990's. A really good insightful look at how our media operates.

Good on the crew at Working Dog for using the Macedonian Issue for having a swipe at Australian Media outlets.
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

My bias aside, this is one of the funniest I've seen
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

I had not seen the episode, thank you Rogi.
        And absolutely, this is how the media operates in Australia in issues regarding Macedonia, still waiting on the Rann issue......
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Grotius
          • Dec 2009

Rogi, as you know, I have seen that recently, but, it is still hysterical! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X