Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bratot
    replied
    That's not the translation, mlatish prazna slama vo nekolku navrati.

Pasko claims the same, that a Macedonian founded this temple, the text confirms that.

Or maybe you will tell me that exactly those words - Isar Marvinci and podaril sredstva are on the marblestone. lol get to yourself, now!

You have no idea what history of art is and still going into biased conclussions. Pity for a white boy.
    Last edited by Bratot; 04-14-2010, 01:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Orfej
    replied
    Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    Since you don't know you can't really comment.
    And put aside what Kamburovski said, I'm talking about the translation and it's the same in both cases

Their "camps" as you chosed to call them are arguing only about the correct date, not the text.

Wrong!! Read from the picture that you yourself posted:

This is written on the picture:
    Паско Кузман: На овој мермерен блок стои исклесано дека `Македонец` подарил средства за изградба на храмот во Исар-Марвинци`
    Now this translation from Pasko Kuzman is different from the one by Paskal Kamburovski:
    'На македонските владетели, светилиште на татковината' '

These are things that you should notice from the start, questioning why are there 2 different translations and which is the correct one!! But no, it’s much easier for you to go past the differences and pick the translation that suites you the most!!

Btw Paskal is art historian, who after 20 of years reseaching have wroten a book about the grave of Alexander. But.. why would you care..
    Very interesting!! An art historian translating ancient texts! Where’s the mistake? The guy may be a janitor for what you care, but if he says what you want to hear, it’s ok right?

I provided sources and after proving your mistake you still inforce some foolish believes.

Did you checked the "Roman Foederati"?

Roman treaties (in foedus (treaty))

treaty or compact contracted by ancient Rome with one or more allied states (foederati). The treaty contained various conditions establishing permanent friendly relations between the contracting parties. A foedus aequum was a bilateral agreement recognizing both parties as equals obliged to assist each other in defensive wars...

Other articles where foederati is discussed: United Kingdom: The decline of Roman rule: …when in 442 these Saxon foederati (allies) rebelled and called in others of their race to help them, it was found that they had been given a stranglehold on Britain. A long period of warfare and chaos was inaugurated, which was economically disastrous. It was probably this period that saw…

And yes, of course there was constant struggle for gaining more power inside the parties and ruling, that's why since the 6th century we can say that Macedonians took over the rule in the Estern Empire.

Instead of bothering you.. you should be proud of it.

But you got so deeply involved in opposing me that there is no use in talking to you anymore, I'm not a psychiatrist to bring you on the "good" side, you are grown up person and it's a matter of your choice how you will interpret the history.

But you cannot change something because you like it more the otherway.
    You posted the link, but you obviously don’t know what it is about!!

``Foederati`` is a treaty between Rome and other States(or tribes) for mutual cooperation, not a treaty between Rome and it’s own provinces!! So those are treaties with tribes that were not subdued-Franks, Saxons, Gauls etc. If you had an ``A`` in history, you would have known from high school that the Romans used Barbarian troops( Franks, Visigoths, Germans) to defend their borders. These treaties represent just that. I don’t know how you managed to get so confused and think that ``Foederati`` meant a ``Roman federation``.

I told you, these are basic stuff that you should firstly understand before starting to debate about them. Confusing an ``Empire`` with a ``Federation``, a ``State`` with a ``Province`` and having the decency to speak about my mistakes and foolish believes?!

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Originally posted by Babazuba View Post
    What did you not understand or refuse to belive?
    I only apologise for the luck of spelling perfection.
    The world's history is a jig sow puzle.
    I am only puting it togather.
    What are YOU doing?
    What do you mean RANT? I only state facts as I find them.
    What you want to say, you rathaR gelive that all is Greek invention,
    even Macedonia? When it never existed in antiquity.
    Go ahad, find name Greece in ancient scripts.
    Please explain your rud remark.
    Either you're an imposter playing dumb, or English isn't your first language. In that case, please reply in your next post with Macedonian, so I can confirm what you say about yourself and get a sense of what you're trying to say in your post.

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    Babazuba, it is difficult to follow your points, perhaps if you were to stick to one part of the topic? I am finding it difficult to follow what it is you are trying to say, and it has nothing to do with the spelling or grammar

Leave a comment:

• Babazuba
    replied
    please explain

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Check post #23 of this link for another one of Babazuba's rants. He seems to be another pretender.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ed=1#post47581

What did you not understand or refuse to belive?
    I only apologise for the luck of spelling perfection.
    The world's history is a jig sow puzle.
    I am only puting it togather.
    What are YOU doing?
    What do you mean RANT? I only state facts as I find them.
    What you want to say, you rathaR gelive that all is Greek invention,
    even Macedonia? When it never existed in antiquity.
    Go ahad, find name Greece in ancient scripts.
    Please explain your rud remark.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikail View Post
    An answer would be nice Babazuba
    Check post #23 of this link for another one of Babazuba's rants. He seems to be another pretender.

Dimko and Volk have posted many many interesting findings in archaeology. I think this one is extraordinary and needs its own thread. http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/health/archeologists-uncover-4000-year-old-macedonian-writing_100136409.html Archeologists uncover 4,000-year-old Macedonian writing December 30th, 2008

Leave a comment:

• Pelister
    replied
    Outstanding analysis Tom. Just brilliant.

Buktop is full of shite.

Leave a comment:

• Mikail
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogi View Post
    Pushing the actual topic and arguments aside for a moment, I have to say Tom, that post is fantastic, it would have taken ages to put it together, but it is really fantastic, great structure, it flows so well... if ever the construction of a post could be considered an art, then that is a masterpiece.

I'm really sincerely impressed and bookmarking it for future reference.
    It's priceless.... truly one of the greats.

Well done Vangelovski. Buktop was going round and round in circles and you cornered him. Bravo

Leave a comment:

• makedonche
    replied
    Vangelovski

Tom, extremely well done on putting all those quotes together, I have been following this thread closely and most of what you point out is frighteningly correct!

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Mastika may have done a stint in Demir Hisar's institution(s).

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastika View Post
    Look I am not Greek and have nothing at all to do with Greece. I can see how some of my comments may have been taken that way, I do apologise if that is how they may have come across. What I do like to see however is history to be shown without bias or strong influence from nationalism and patriotism (I know that this is hard). A non-biased history is the best history, sadly the Balkans is such a petty region that this is not possible. Hopefully this bickering will one day end and maybe the people of the Balkans can work together. And I know that this requires Greece and Bulgaria to get their heads of their arses so to speak and show some respect towards the Macedonian people. However it does not help if we lower our historical standards and knowledge to a level parallel to theirs. Why should we degrade ourselves just to make a point to some Greeks? Who gives a f*&k what the Greeks or Bulgarians think?! I'm not going to say things just to compete with the "historical" bullshit which comes out of Athens every year for the sake of it.

Look from now on i'll stick to social issues, clearly an opinion about history which strays from the Aleksandar Donski style - Македонизам is not accepted here.
    What a cop out. When have I ever used 'Donski style' (whatever that means)? How is it I am able to produce solid-based information when all you do is write your own words, which isn't credible at all just like your dialect from Demir Hisar.

Leave a comment:

• Rogi
    replied
    Pushing the actual topic and arguments aside for a moment, I have to say Tom, that post is fantastic, it would have taken ages to put it together, but it is really fantastic, great structure, it flows so well... if ever the construction of a post could be considered an art, then that is a masterpiece.

I'm really sincerely impressed and bookmarking it for future reference.

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    Vangelovski, am not surprised - reading that synopsis was doing mine in, very well done I must say

you know those spinning heads in those cartoons - mine was doing that , you have amazing analytical skills

Leave a comment:

• Vangelovski
    replied
    Originally posted by julie View Post
    Vangelovski, your analysis is amazing, I am in awe,

and more confused
    Julie,

My head hurts....

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    Phoenix, methinks your on to something here! Very possible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X