X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    Why don't you put up or shut up, post me some quotes about what a state is rather than copping out and saying that I should do my own homework. By now you could have done so nearly a hundred times, but you still prefer to waste time and space with your evasiveness.

I listed a number of proper sovereign identifiers to describe historical entities not types of government. State in the modern sense should not be applied to historical concepts.
    I already posted a definition of the state - maybe you didn't read it or you confused it with something else?

"Proper sovereign identifiers" - did you just coin that phrase yourself?

"State in the modern sense should not be applied to historical concepts"!?!?!?!?! That alone demonstrates your understanding of what a state is.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

The point here being the use of the proper definition of State, and not an altered one. The founding of a Macedonian state in it's proper sense, only took place in 1944, any extension of the term state to encompass historical contexts is merely wishful thinking. Kingdom, territory, empire, realms, monarchy, dynasty, or provinces are usually the typical identifiers for previous existing sovereign entities, and are not considered states in the proper sense. Of course through our biased hindsight we would like to expand the definition of state to encompass historical entities and thereby justify the existence of a modern state, this is true of all modern countries and some (greeks) take it to a new level of absurdity.
      Dude.. you are spitting on your history, if not the medieval or ancient than on the Ilinden Uprising and the Krushevo Republic, you spit on so many uprisings which ideal was getting freedom and authonomy of the constant ethnically geographycal boundaries.

You simply does not understand that the current state of RoM emerged as the result of all efforts in historical continuity and every even 'temporary' sovereignty through history provide a direct evidence of a deep historical ethnic identification within this territorial unit and counsciousness of belongness to a state in exactly those boundaries.

That consciousness like it or not is reaching the Macedonian Kingdom and has been preserved in such form till nowadays.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        Another typical Buktop response when he's caught LYING.
        once again, nothing worthwhile to say, nothing of substance to add
        "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
        though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
        Our long awaited hour will draw near
        and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
          • Oct 2009

I already posted a definition of the state - maybe you didn't read it or you confused it with something else?

"Proper sovereign identifiers" - did you just coin that phrase yourself?

"State in the modern sense should not be applied to historical concepts"!?!?!?!?! That alone demonstrates your understanding of what a state is.
          What happened to those quotes and references you were going to post for me? Too busy dodging and weaving I see

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
            Dude.. you are spitting on your history, if not the medieval or ancient than on the Ilinden Uprising and the Krushevo Republic, you spit on so many uprisings which ideal was getting freedom and authonomy of the constant ethnically geographycal boundaries.

You simply does not understand that the current state of RoM emerged as the result of all efforts in historical continuity and every even 'temporary' sovereignty through history provide a direct evidence of a deep historical ethnic identification within this territorial unit and counsciousness of belongness to a state in exactly those boundaries.

That consciousness like it or not is reaching the Macedonian Kingdom and has been preserved in such form till nowadays.
            You don't seem to understand what I am trying to say, take your time and read it slowly.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

What happened to those quotes and references you were going to post for me? Too busy dodging and weaving I see
              Buktop, fortunately (for me), you are not the centre of my universe and I have more important things to do. However, I will try and post them here over the weekend, especially for you.

I posted them over and over for you on Maknews a while ago - why didn't you read them then?
              Last edited by Vangelovski; 04-08-2010, 07:58 PM.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Buktop, fortunately (for me), you are not the centre of my universe and I have more important things to do. However, I will try and post them here over the weekend, especially for you.

I posted them over and over for you on Maknews a while ago - why didn't you read them then?
                Oh, so you don't have five minutes to search for a quote from a scholarly authority on the subject and just post it here? I see, yet again dodging and weaving, you have wasted your time writing out nearly 10 posts mocking me when you could have used your time more rationally posting something of substance, good man.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Oh, so you don't have five minutes to search for a quote from a scholarly authority on the subject and just post it here? I see, yet again dodging and weaving, you have wasted your time writing out nearly 10 posts mocking me when you could have used your time more rationally posting something of substance, good man.
                  Buktop,

Scholarly references are not found on google. I need to go through my books and journal articles and provide you with proper reading material. And no, I won't be picking out specific quotes for you, I will post you the references of books so that you can read them for yourself - if you are genuinly interested.

So why didn't you read the books that I provided you references for on Maknews?
                  Last edited by Vangelovski; 04-08-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

TM,

My claim was that Macedonian states have existed and have been named "Macedonia" much earlier than 1944.
                    I think i wrote something about this issue b4 on another thread, ottoman archival documents calls as "Macedonia" for todays Macedonia lands, including todays north side of Greece.

I just checked Ottoman archives from website and found this;
                    The appointment of "Filidi efendi" as an officer to the Dolmabahce Palace, Istanbul. Son of Nikola Teriande Filidi, born in Monastir, Macedonia.

Date of the document : 1827
                    Last edited by Onur; 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Buktop

Quick question for you if I may, did the RoM & the Diaspora celebrate 100 years of Statehood in August 2nd 2003?
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

Buktop,

Scholarly references are not found on google. I need to go through my books and journal articles and provide you with proper reading material. And no, I won't be picking it out specific quotes for you, I will post you the references of books so that you can read them for yourself - if you are genuinly interested.

So why didn't you read the books that I provided you references for on Maknews?
                        Try google books and put in key words, then sift through the ones you recognize and the ones you don't. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes vangelovski. But you are dodging and weaving, wasting your time mocking me. Put up or shut up...

I am more than competent enough to know the concepts and foundations of the creation of 19th century ideology and it's application to the modern concept of a State, just because you can't grasp what I am explaining to you does not mean there is a problem with my understanding, perhaps it's on your end that the problem exists?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Try google books and put in key words, then sift through the ones you recognize and the ones you don't. It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes vangelovski. But you are dodging and weaving, wasting your time mocking me. Put up or shut up...

I am more than competent enough to know the concepts and foundations of the creation of 19th century ideology and it's application to the modern concept of a State, just because you can't grasp what I am explaining to you does not mean there is a problem with my understanding, perhaps it's on your end that the problem exists?
                          Buktop,

Your own posts show your level of "competence".

Why didn't you read any of the books I provided references for on Maknews?

Comment

• Buktop
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                            Buktop

Quick question for you if I may, did the RoM & the Diaspora celebrate 100 years of Statehood in August 2nd 2003?
                            Can you tell me where the Macedonian state was from 1903-1944?

Comment

• Buktop
                              • Oct 2009

Buktop,

Your own posts show your level of "competence".

Why didn't you read any of the books I provided references for on Maknews?
                              Wasting more time I see, hurry find those scholarly sources that you have been promising. Put up or shut up

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Wasting more time I see, hurry find those scholarly sources that you have been promising. Put up or shut up
                                Why didn't you read the books that I provided you references for on Maknews?

Comment

Working...
                                X