X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZAS
    • May 2009

Macedonian Referee SYDNEY-MELBOURNE soccer Final

STREBRE Delovski will referee the Grand Final between Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC on Saturday as ticket sales approach a total sell-out.

Wollongong-based Delovski has cemented his place as a top Hyundai A-League referee after he officiated at the East Asian Football Championship 2010, and collected the 2009/10 Zurich Referee of the Year and PFA Referee of the Year awards.

"This year has been fantastic," said Delovski. "Refereeing the Japan v Korea match was a pretty special experience but to be appointed to referee the Hyundai A-League 2010 Grand Final is an even bigger honour.

"To be recognised by your peers is a great achievement, but to be nominated by the players is also a very special award."

But Delovski insists he will be treating the match, his 45th in the A-League, just like any other.

"I'm really looking forward to Saturday, but when I get out there I'm going to treat it like any match that I have refereed throughout the season but will also take a moment to enjoy the occasion," he said.
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Strebre Delovski overall did a good job of referring the A-League final. I believe the game was of quite a poor standard and things only got interesting towards the end of normal time and the penalty shootout.

Sydney won on penalties and therefore claim the title. Did anyone see Naum Sekulovski on fox sports on the show at 5pm, just before the match preview? He sang a few songs in Macedonian including Zete mili zete. Even Ian Dicko joined in near the end. Looks like he is quite talented off the football pitch aswell.

I'll actually take an interest in the A-League once the new Melbourne team enters the competition next season.

What are everyones thoughts on tonights match?

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Egejska Makedonija, Kevin Muscat missed a penalty for the first time in his A-League Career. In fact he's missed before during a match and then went on to score from the rebound which is just like converting a penalty.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

It was a poor miss, thats for sure. The goals are so wide, yet he hits the post. I dislike him as a player though, so i didn't mind watching him break his penalty streak.
        I don't follow either of the two teams, and it is one of the only matches i have watched all season, yet my heart was beating pretty fast during that shootout.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Clint Bolton will be joinging Melbourne Heart next season, as will Matty Thompson from Newcastle Jets.

There is even talk that Mark Viduka is coming on board, they'll be a good side then.

Kristian Sarkies is joining Melbourne Heart too.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• ZAS
            • May 2009

Hey Guy's I just found Strebre is actually from Port Kembla Boge will be Proud.
            Last edited by ZAS; 03-21-2010, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Brygian Seed
              • Dec 2009

sydney . . . SYDNEY . . . S Y D N E Y . . . S Y D N E Y ! ! ! !

Comment

• Bij
                • Oct 2009

best bday gift. thanks sydney FC!

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

The name

You know 'Strebre" is an amazing Macedonian name. I came across another unusual one recently, I Macedonian whose name was "Velibor".

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Congratulations Strebre, well done.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• sydney
                      • Sep 2008

and as predicted, sydney did a victory lap in the face of the victory fans. it doesn't get much sweeter.

Comment

Working...
                      X