X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

The EU offends our very existence.

The EU keep insisting that Macedonia is being unreasonable about this "name problem" and that it is being provocative with airport and highway names amongst other things.

Was Greece provocative when it stopped my people from speaking Macedonian? What about when it changed our family names? What about when it changed all the place names in northern Greece? Surely there was something far more provocative about that.

I cannot begin to quantify my rage with this process of negotiation.

I have no idea why the Diaspora does not stand united on this matter such that any hint of negotiation is utterly eliminated.

I have no idea why the Macedonians of the Republic are not united on this matter such that any hint of negotiation is utterly eliminated.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

I think Macedonia needs to change course and forget about the EU for the time being (or maybe forever) - that is, if it can get beyond the scaremongering coming from the Gligorovist doomsayers who have been claiming that Macedonia will imminently collapse any minute now (for the past 20 years) if it doesn't make this or that capitulation.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Is it time for a united and concerted effort from the Macedonian diaspora to protest against the EU, and Macedonia's entry into this racist organisation?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Its definitely time for some leadership on this issue. Its time we provide a real alternative to the subservient descent into nowhere, which has been forced onto the Macedonian people by the subservient vassal politicians and their supporters until now.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• gore na nitche
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

I have no idea why the Macedonians of the Republic are not united on this matter such that any hint of negotiation is utterly eliminated.
          Ne i bole kuro, poiketo sa za neinte jepoi. Koi znae kouko grtska para sa ima tureno vo Republica Makedonia.

Negotiating has made many dushmani rich.

:rmacedonia:rmacedonia:rmacedonia

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

What a farce, macedonia being unreasonable about a name change or bullshit prefixes. I suppose it was reasonable to wipe out whole families sponsored by the yankee doodle (forgive me any US Macedonians ) for the Napalm bombs - not bath bombs were they on the Aegean population, or the Brittish sponsored Hell Ass for the cultural genocide of my people.
            The people in the Republic dont give a shit (and before any comments come from the diaspora from the republic - my dad is from there) because they do not experience the bloodshed and acts of genocide and repression as did people from my mothers side of the family
            The EU can fuck itself and anyone else that will lay down like a common ho to negotiate - let the people that bled do the so called negotations - oh, what was that? They dont have a bleeding VOICE!!!!!
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Oh and I forgot to mention how REASONABLE it is for the EU to bail out HellAss debt, ha ha ha ha
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Jankovska
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Is it time for a united and concerted effort from the Macedonian diaspora to protest against the EU, and Macedonia's entry into this racist organisation?
                Yes but Macedonia should too

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by gore na nitche View Post
                  Ne i bole kuro, poiketo sa za neinte jepoi. Koi znae kouko grtska para sa ima tureno vo Republica Makedonia.

Negotiating has made many dushmani rich.

:rmacedonia:rmacedonia:rmacedonia
                  Don't say that when it's total crap. If the people of Macedonia didn't give a shit about the name it would have been changed by now, if the people of Macedonia didn't give a fuck about macedonia it would have been gone now. Why don't you get of your arse and protest? Afterall they are still in Macedonia defending the country. Where are you? What are you doing about it? It's very easy to pass a judgment.

Comment

• Jankovska
                    • Sep 2008

It is not true that the people of the Republic don't give a shit and we should all limit oursleves from making such statements and passing judgments. Those people are the defendends of Macedonia and are still there, standing firmly. Surely the people that moved out are not the ones that give more shit? It is not true and we must stop pushing the people of Macedonia further in to a hopelesss situation. These people have been brainwashed that the EU is their only option, these people are waking up every morning to read threats of war, poverty and god knows what and they have still stayed Macedonians. Give them some credit and stop being so judgemental. Afterall we all live outside of the country, why are we better? Just because we spend out time in front of the monitors doesn't mean we give more shit. My grandmother has seen wars and poverty and probably the worse of worse, she will never change her name. Neither will my father, nor my brother or my cousins so I take personal offence when someone from the end of the world is quick to pass judgement. This is why the Macedoniand dislike their Diaspora and this is why they don't feel they are the same people.
                    In the end we all saw who gives a shit in 2001. Ah wait, the Macedonians in Macedonia were killed not the ones who gave a shit from OZ or America or England. This is part of SDSM propaganda to make the Macedonian people join the EU, threats and fill the heads of the diaspora about the less patriotic Macedonians so that in the end they fell left on their own. I don't blame them. Sometimes reading articles on this forum I feel like everyone has turned against them.
                    As for the Egejci they have suffered, we all know that. Are they doing enough for themselves at the moment? NO.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                      Don't say that when it's total crap. If the people of Macedonia didn't give a shit about the name it would have been changed by now, if the people of Macedonia didn't give a fuck about macedonia it would have been gone now. Why don't you get of your arse and protest? Afterall they are still in Macedonia defending the country. Where are you? What are you doing about it? It's very easy to pass a judgment.
                      I can't see how any politician will agree to a name change, sure some have advocated a change but often whilst in opposition, I wonder how readily they would consider a name change if they're in power.
                      I can see the politician who agrees to a name change going down in the history of Macedonia as its biggest traitor, I'm not sure if anybody in Macedonia is prepared to do that...I hope not...

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        I can't see how any politician will agree to a name change, sure some have advocated a change but often whilst in opposition, I wonder how readily they would consider a name change if they're in power.
                        I can see the politician who agrees to a name change going down in the history of Macedonia as its biggest traitor, I'm not sure if anybody in Macedonia is prepared to do that...I hope not...
                        I personally think both Crvenkovski and Gruevski are prepared for a name change. I think the tensions between the Albanians, the poverty, the Diaspora doesn't care about the Republic and the people, the high taxes, the unemployment are all factros to use to pressure the Macedonian people to give in and accept a name change. Macedonia must unite with it;s Diaspora now. The Macedonian people are holding on very well but the pressure is increasing. Let's pray the people make the finall call.

Comment

• sydney
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          Its definitely time for some leadership on this issue. Its time we provide a real alternative to the subservient descent into nowhere, which has been forced onto the Macedonian people by the subservient vassal politicians and their supporters until now.
                          this point interests me. how do the macedonians overcome the political party system in MKD whereby party affiliation seems to offer a brighter prospect of profit and gain? i'm thinking that economic triggers such as greater privatisation may offer different political options in the future?

i'm really not sure how many generations need to pass before we start to discuss politics in terms larger than VMRO-DPMNE, SDSM and the token ship govt partner. if the political landscape starts to shift from these three entities, does that mean there is opportunity for the diaspora to have greater influence in MKD?

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                            I personally think both Crvenkovski and Gruevski are prepared for a name change. I think the tensions between the Albanians, the poverty, the Diaspora doesn't care about the Republic and the people, the high taxes, the unemployment are all factros to use to pressure the Macedonian people to give in and accept a name change. Macedonia must unite with it;s Diaspora now. The Macedonian people are holding on very well but the pressure is increasing. Let's pray the people make the finall call.
                            I seriously believe that the politician signing off on a name change will be killed.

Comment

• Jankovska
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              I seriously believe that the politician signing off on a name change will be killed.
                              I seriously hope so too.

Comment

Working...
                              X