X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Phoenix,

As a part time Cats fan, I am devastated Menzel done his knee again, what seems to be his 3rd or 4th time and career ending at such a young age.

Not just young Menzal but i feel we all have been robbed, of watching one of the best talents to ever take he field. I rated him as potentially to be better than Jimmy Bartel, that's how much I rated him.
    Last edited by Bill77; 04-21-2013, 06:04 AM.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      Phoenix,

As a part time Cats fan, I am devastated Menzel done his knee again, what seems to be his 3rd or 4th time and career ending at such a young age.

Not just young Menzal but i feel we all have been robbed, of watching one of the best talents to ever take he field. I rated him as potentially to be better than Jimmy Bartel, that's how much I rated him.
      Can you believe it Bill???

On Friday night I had one of my friends over watching the game and we were saying how much upside the Cats have with young guys like Menzel, Varcoe and Vardy who should all be available for the pointy end of the season...basking in the glory of smashing last years premiers and on the back of a great month of footy for the Cats

On Saturday I recorded the VFL match between the Cats and Box Hill Hawks just to watch how Menzel was progressing. I got home after being out most of the morning and early afternoon and put the TV on to watch the last bit of the game live and there's no Menzel, I thought no big deal, he's obviously been subbed to ease his workload and then at the end of the match they mentioned the incident...Fark me.

Unfortunately, I think we've seen the last of him...on the Cats website it says he goes in for scans early this week to determine the extent of the injury.
      The incident looked very innocuous, as it has each time he's done a knee.
      I watched some of his rehab work on the Cats TV website just recently and he was doing all manner of twisting and jumping, falling and rolling drills and yet he slips once on the field and the knees gone.

I hope he hasn't ruptured the LARS and it's some other less critical poblem.

Bill, is the younger Menzel at Carlton.
      I think his brother was recruited by the Blues in last years draft...and get this, he's also a brilliant prospect but with knee issues!

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

I think his brother was recruited by the Blues in last years draft...and get this, he's also a brilliant prospect but with knee issues!
        Oh yeh.......your right and I forgot about that.
        I can't wait to see him play.

And no I can't believe about young Daniel a big shame.

Comment

• United MKD
          • Jul 2011

Daniel Menzel and Anthony Morabito - I feel so sorry for these two young guns, just tragic the amount of knee recos they've gone through at such a young age.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
            Daniel Menzel and Anthony Morabito - I feel so sorry for these two young guns, just tragic the amount of knee recos they've gone through at such a young age.
            Schoenmakers, another one to go down with a knee injury on the weekend and then there was the GWS first round pick, Patton going down with a ruptured ACL last week

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

Schoenmakers, another one to go down with a knee injury on the weekend and then there was the GWS first round pick, Patton going down with a ruptured ACL last week
              Was devastated to see Schoey go down with a ruptured ACL. Another young player that was really starting to show his critics what he's all about.

It's a shame that so many young players are held up by horrible injuries. It seems like someone is out with an ruptured ACL every week now. Surely it wasn't this common years ago?

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                • Jul 2012

yet you were smashed.
                In 1 quarter. Still 3-1 better than 1-3

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                  In 1 quarter. Still 3-1 better than 1-3
                  Nothing wrong with 1-3

Remember the tortoise and hair?

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                    • Jul 2012

Nothing wrong with 1-3

Remember the tortoise and hair?
                    You might play finals if you stick to Ratten's gameplan

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Carlton's first draft pick (No.11 overall) Troy Menzel also showed flashes of brilliance in the VFL last weekend with four goals.
                      Carlton's Jeremy Laidler could prove the solution to the side's forward problems
                      Im exited about Menzel and if ex Cat Laidler doesn't become a regular, I will go to wherever they train these days and punch Mick in the mouth.

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/car...-1226622953991

Im exited about Menzel and if ex Cat Laidler doesn't become a regular, I will go to wherever they train these days and punch Mick in the mouth.
                        Yeah I thought the younger Menzel was at Carlton, they reckon he's very good but has a similar history of dodgy knees like his brother.

Don't ever remember Laidler playing up forward during his time at Geelong, it's not often that defenders turn into good forwards, although Harry Taylor is proving that theory wrong at the moment at Geelong.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

The noose just got a little bit tighter around the neck of the Essendon Football Club...

WADA has officially put the 'offending' peptide (at the centre of the Essendon drug scandal) on the official banned list.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

Did they do that now or was it on the list already.
                            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                              Did they do that now or was it on the list already.
                              'Officially' last night or yesterday I believe...(I caught the tail end of the discussion on 'AFL 360' tonight - I imagine it will be all over the papers tomorrow) apparently it doesn't exonerate Essendon from fault, in other words Essendon can't use the excuse that - "when we used it, the substance wasn't on any banned list".

The WADA code has a list of all banned substances, if a substance doesn't appear on the banned list it can't be assumed that it's ok to use, all it means is that it's under investigation and until it's approved it must be deemed as being prohibited...

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                                • Jul 2012

Will be very interesting to see what happens

Comment

Working...
                                X