Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Eddie did not apologise to Goodes after the game because he has concerns about racial abuse......I didn't bye it back then. He simple went into damage control for the sake of his club, the brand Collingwood which already had damage due to previous racial incidents. Collingwood was his priority. And it worked, people fell for it and praised him "what a top bloke he is bla bla bla" and his club got away relatively scot free.

Now on a personal level, after this Freudian slip, he is back in damage control only this time for the sake of the "Eddie" brand. Hence the cries of "look at my past accomplishments" etc etc, (which any accomplishment he made and or initiated, priority would have been the brand "Eddie Empire" to benifit). All these crocodile tears......I don't bye it aswell.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      Eddie did not apologise to Goodes after the game because he has concerns about racial abuse......I didn't bye it back then. He simple went into damage control for the sake of his club, the brand Collingwood which already had damage due to previous racial incidents. Collingwood was his priority. And it worked, people fell for it and praised him "what a top bloke he is bla bla bla" and his club got away relatively scot free.

Now on a personal level, after this Freudian slip, he is back in damage control only this time for the sake of the "Eddie" brand. Hence the cries of "look at my past accomplishments" etc etc, (which any accomplishment he made and or initiated, priority would have been the brand "Eddie Empire" to benifit). All these crocodile tears......I don't bye it aswell.
      Bill77
      Spot on....that makes 2 of us!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Phoenix, were you one of the cats supporters that gave Gazza a standing ovation after his goal? haha

By the way, Kardinia Park looks fantastic.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
          Phoenix, were you one of the cats supporters that gave Gazza a standing ovation after his goal? haha

By the way, Kardinia Park looks fantastic.
          ...you'll know how I feel when Buddy goes to GWS for the rumoured 9mil over 6 years

I still reckon that he was trying to centre that kick, hoping one of his teammates would run onto it...farkin' tin arse...
          My missus was very patient with me last night after a barrage of 'C' bombs that rained down on that greedy, bald headed bastard, the kiss arses that still idolise him and all the love shown to him by his former teammates.

I have a Cats membership but I rarely go to any games, preferring to watch them at home, either with the missus or with various friends but last night the missus and I decided to drive past the ground just before the start of the match, the atmosphere was awesome and we got there just as the fireworks started, could not have timed it better if I'd organized the pyrotechnics myself...lol

The light towers are a very modern minimalist design, nice and sleek.
          The ground is only about 3/5ths redeveloped, there's another 2 stages of redevelopment to go requiring an investment of a further $150m (approx.). Current capacity is around 33K and that will increase to just under 40K once all works are completed (sometime within the next 10 years).

At current capacity the Cats make something in the order of $700K per home game, not too bad compared to the clubs playing at Etihad that need a crowd of about 25K just to break even.

Another interesting point is that the Cats are the only Vic team that can train under lights on their 'home' ground.
          Last edited by Phoenix; 06-02-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
            • Jul 2012

8 in tipping this weekend. On fire!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
              8 in tipping this weekend. On fire!
              I got 8/9 as well. I swear I tipped the Tigers...robbed of my free whopper!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                ...you'll know how I feel when Buddy goes to GWS for the rumoured 9mil over 6 years

I still reckon that he was trying to centre that kick, hoping one of his teammates would run onto it...farkin' tin arse...
                My missus was very patient with me last night after a barrage of 'C' bombs that rained down on that greedy, bald headed bastard, the kiss arses that still idolise him and all the love shown to him by his former teammates.

I have a Cats membership but I rarely go to any games, preferring to watch them at home, either with the missus or with various friends but last night the missus and I decided to drive past the ground just before the start of the match, the atmosphere was awesome and we got there just as the fireworks started, could not have timed it better if I'd organized the pyrotechnics myself...lol

The light towers are a very modern minimalist design, nice and sleek.
                The ground is only about 3/5ths redeveloped, there's another 2 stages of redevelopment to go requiring an investment of a further $150m (approx.). Current capacity is around 33K and that will increase to just under 40K once all works are completed (sometime within the next 10 years).

At current capacity the Cats make something in the order of $700K per home game, not too bad compared to the clubs playing at Etihad that need a crowd of about 25K just to break even.

Another interesting point is that the Cats are the only Vic team that can train under lights on their 'home' ground.
                If Buddy leaves I'll be upset, but there's been a massive build up to it so I won't be shocked. As of late he isn't even worth a million the way he's been playing. I really think Buddy will struggle at one of the expansion clubs. What pisses me off the most is that even if he ends up staying at Hawthorn, he's milking them for all their worth.

I don't know Phoenix, I thought he was aiming the goals. He's done this kind of thing in the past, so I don't think it was a fluke. The media and others portrayed those supporters to be 'classy,' but to be honest I found it almost cringe-worthy. Sure, acknowledge the great goal and his skill, but there's no need to give him a standing ovation. After all, he pissed off for the money.

Yeh, it seemed like a very successful night. From the fireworks to the lights, they've got a winning hand here with Kardinia Park. I've heard about the last two stages, but I didn't know that your mob are getting $700k profit at capacity. Definitely going to place the cats in a very favourable financial position for years to come.

I hope the final 8 stays as it currently is. Bombers, Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood would make for some epic elimination finals. If the cats and hawks somehow face off that first week as well that'd also pull a big crowd. Leaving the swans and dockers to have their shitty interstate match.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

Haha, Billy Brownless is a classic sometimes.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

The AFL seems to be the only sport in the world with a 'dynamic' umpiring system, there's absolutely no consistency in the umpiring of the game from week to week.

The current trend seems to be to keep free kicks to a bare minimum, regardless of how many infringements occur in a game.

If a free kick is there, fuckin blow the whistle and pay it...

The Carlton V Essendon game was littered with unpaid, in the back decisions, and high tackles.

Over recent weeks I've heard the commentators applaud this bullshit of keeping the game flowing by "putting away the whistle"...what a load of crap.

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

The AFL seems to be the only sport in the world with a 'dynamic' umpiring system, there's absolutely no consistency in the umpiring of the game from week to week.

The current trend seems to be to keep free kicks to a bare minimum, regardless of how many infringements occur in a game.

If a free kick is there, fuckin blow the whistle and pay it...

The Carlton V Essendon game was littered with unpaid, in the back decisions, and high tackles.

Over recent weeks I've heard the commentators applaud this bullshit of keeping the game flowing by "putting away the whistle"...what a load of crap.
                      Phoenix
                      I'm guessing you tipped Carlton?
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                        Phoenix
                        I'm guessing you tipped Carlton?
                        Was it that obvious......lol

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Was it that obvious......lol
                          Phoenix
                          Hahahahahahaah!!!! .........yep!
                          Having said that there were some suspect decisions, like you say it's as if they have put the whistles away, under instructions, and let the game flow, at the cost of game changing occurences!

PS - Carn GWS, only 13 points behind in the 3rd qtr!, woops....make that 6 points behind!

Update.....gettin ugly now...Cats by 39 points and it ain't over yet!
                          Update 2....... very ugly....final score...Cats by 59 points....was there ever a doubt?
                          Last edited by makedonche; 06-08-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Phoenix
                            Hahahahahahaah!!!! .........yep!
                            Having said that there were some suspect decisions, like you say it's as if they have put the whistles away, under instructions, and let the game flow, at the cost of game changing occurences!

PS - Carn GWS, only 13 points behind in the 3rd qtr!, woops....make that 6 points behind!

Update.....gettin ugly now...Cats by 39 points and it ain't over yet!
                            Pretty disappointing game mate, we're not even close to the good sides like Hawthorn and Sydney. We beat both but we got them very early in the draw when both were a little underdone in preparation.

Luckily we play both again and there'll be a genuine wake up call for the Cats when we do.
                            I think there's something seriously wrong with a side that coughs up big leads to the opposition every week, this is nothing new and has been a feature of our game for almost 2 seasons now. My fear is that when we play the Hawks and Swans again they'll jump us in the first quarter and there wont be any comebacks.

Having said that, we still have quite a few of our best players out injured and today we 'rested' a few but injuries and player management are critical to success in September but if we don't get our starts sorted out we'll just be making up the numbers later in the year.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Pretty disappointing game mate, we're not even close to the good sides like Hawthorn and Sydney. We beat both but we got them very early in the draw when both were a little underdone in preparation.

Luckily we play both again and there'll be a genuine wake up call for the Cats when we do.
                              I think there's something seriously wrong with a side that coughs up big leads to the opposition every week, this is nothing new and has been a feature of our game for almost 2 seasons now. My fear is that when we play the Hawks and Swans again they'll jump us in the first quarter and there wont be any comebacks.

Having said that, we still have quite a few of our best players out injured and today we 'rested' a few but injuries and player management are critical to success in September but if we don't get our starts sorted out we'll just be making up the numbers later in the year.
                              Very true, but the depth will make up for most shortfalls, except when playing one of the top 4 and giving them to big a head start....otherwise, Cats for the flag!

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Very true, but the depth will make up for most shortfalls, except when playing one of the top 4 and giving them to big a head start....otherwise, Cats for the flag!
                                Are you watching the Swans destroying the Crows...I know it's still early in the game but the Cats are nowhere near that level at the moment...

Comment

Working...
                                X