X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

You would not believe what I witnessed lately lol

Semki, onie nashine za grickanje, I went to supermarket and there was a promotion of "days of Greek products" and they were "promoting" the NEW, ORIGINAL, UNIQUE PRODUCT OF GREECE ---> Greek SEMKI!
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

They're selling their brains?

Comment

• sf.
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        The so called "greek yoghurt" is made in the traditional Middle Eastern fashion that the Lebonese call 'lebneh'...its essentially strained yoghurt to remove the whey, which makes it thicker in consistency..."greek yoghurt" my arse...

Excuse me, I should've consulted wikipedia.
        Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

really there is not much culture in greece that is uniquely greek excpet for national pretensiousness and paranoia, now those two qualities are perfectly greek

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

one way to counter the greeks from claiming everything is to start claiming it ourselves,
            eg. "muznik" - it's Macedonian for the oldest known pizza!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Maznik and Zelnik should be claimed by Macedonians.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Hell yeah!
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

We should bake 16 & 8 ray mazniks & zelniks and claim them as 4000 year old recipes!
                  when the romans came to Macedonia they took these recipies back with them and changed them to avoid copyright infringement.
                  Last edited by makedonche; 01-31-2010, 09:20 PM. Reason: additional info
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Its not about who claims it, its more to do with who makes it best.

We are miles ahead in that
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sf. View Post
                      Excuse me, I should've consulted wikipedia.
                      sf, i hope you don't think I was having a go at your post...?

its got nothing to do with wikipedia, I've seen tv cooking programs showing both greeks and lebo's making yoghurt, its exactly the same process and the end result is a very thick and rich yoghurt, almost having a soft cheese consistency...

Comment

• sf.
                        • Jan 2010

No it's fine - I'm a very lazy writer and didn't really want to discuss yoghurt.

Addressing ZAS' concerns, I should've written:

Greek-style yoghurt in supermarkets is different from the natural european yoghurt - they're not replacing the name.

Greek-style yoghurt is becoming increasingly popular, hence more shelf-space.

Many of these products have been introduced to the West by the Greeks who've emigrated earlier and in larger numbers, and have more established positions in their new countries.

Greek-named products will have more romantic connotations to Westerners (I know it sounds dumb but it's true) than Lebanese or middle-eastern ones. The irony here is that Greeks probably buy Lebanese yoghurts from delis.

That's all I am going to say about yoghurt, ever...

As for these two educated greek arseholes I know who argued with me about greek/turkish coffee and baklava... za grev.
                        Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

Working...
                        X