YouTube - Bulgarian patriotic song "Glory to Great Bugarksa"
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Makedonetz
      • Apr 2010

did they invent river dancing LOl

Makedoncite se borat
      za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
      - Goce Delchev

Comment

• thessalo-niki
        Banned
        • Jun 2010

Greek poetry

Since Odysseas Elytis is in my signature, here's a part of his greatest work (a love poem) Monogramma.
        YouTube - ΚÎħÏÏ…ÎżÏ†Ï…ÎğÎğÎıÎĴ ΚÎħρÎħÎĵπÎ*τη - Το ÎœÎżÎ½ÏŒÎ³ÏÎħÎĵÎĵÎħ
        (unfortunately, for Greek speakers only)

Comment

• thessalo-niki
          Banned
          • Jun 2010

The travelling players

YouTube - The Travelling Players Part 18
          Probably, the greatest scene of Greek cinema. The Travelling Players (1975) by Theo Angelopoulos, is considered by foreign critics as the best Greek movie of all times.
          (This is a sort of a cinematic answer to Bill77. It contains subtitles)

Comment

• Makedonetz
            • Apr 2010

Thessa

Hmmmm interesting you guys support biggots who deny macedonians exist but he lives in Florina where 50% of the Pop is Ethnic Macedonians. Man he must hide in his house with the windows closed or does he talk macedonian to think hes a Grkomani?

Thessa does all his movies have a plot to destroy the macedonian Image you guys regaurd him as some god in Greece? Hell he should be the new Zeus in your hellenized world

By David Edenden

"The Secret Book", a film written by Jordan Plevnes, is Macedonia's entry to the Cannes film festival. I can't wait to see this movie. Fiachra has a good sense of humour.

Like her, I smell a plot! I think she should look into the Greek film Ulysses' Gaze, by Theo Angelopoulos through the prism of Greek treatment of its Macedonian minority. We will find a real plot there!

For a Great Greek Director, Who Lives in Florina, Macedonians Don't Exist

By David Edenden

The Facts:

1. Fiachra Gibbons interviews Greek director Theo Angelopoulos.

2. She know he lives in Florina where 50% of the residents are ethnic Macedonians.

3. She does not ask him how he can live with people, yet ignore their existence in his movies.
            Makedoncite se borat
            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• thessalo-niki
              Banned
              • Jun 2010

Something lighter. Zorba the Greek (1964) the best Greek film of the 60s and an international hit. This is the famous uplifting ending and what Kazantzakis (copying Nietzsche), Cacoyiannis and Theodorakis present as tragic optimism.
              (In English language)
              YouTube - Zorba's Dance, Including The Barbecue Party

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                Banned
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                Thessa
                Hmmmm interesting you guys support biggots who deny macedonians exist but he lives in Florina where 50% of the Pop is Ethnic Macedonians. Man he must hide in his house with the windows closed or does he talk macedonian to think hes a Grkomani?
                Thessa does all his movies have a plot to destroy the macedonian Image you guys regaurd him as some god in Greece? Hell he should be the new Zeus in your hellenized world
                You are about 160 degrees wrong, which means you're very careless. Check it again.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                  • Apr 2010

Keep thinking that Smotan

What is your purpose here Arvanite? Were you kicked out of every other forum you had to show up here and disgrace our forums? Go hang out with your "People" and bang heads on how to get your asses out of debt
                  Makedoncite se borat
                  za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2010

Something about Asia Minor, the relation between Greeks, Turks and Armenians. A great introduction, but look especially the part between 5 to 8 minutes.
                    This is the most "Greek" movie by Elia Kazan, America, America (1963) telling the story of his family and how they ended up in America.
                    (In English language)
                    YouTube - America America

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
                      Something lighter. Zorba the Greek (1964) the best Greek film of the 60s and an international hit. This is the famous uplifting ending and what Kazantzakis (copying Nietzsche), Cacoyiannis and Theodorakis present as tragic optimism.
                      (In English language)
                      YouTube - Zorba's Dance, Including The Barbecue Party

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Thessaloniki, can you tell me who invented the Zorba dance? When?

All these dances are some kind of variation of Turkish zeybek(zeibekikos in Greek) dance of Aegean Anatolia. Anatolian immigrants bring this dance to Greece along with all the instruments and music style too. Then they created a faster and more vibrant dance called "Sirtaki" by using zeybek dance figures as base.

I always wondered if current Greeks would have any music and food culture today if there wouldn't be Anatolian immigrants. Probably not.

P. S: Btw, our national drinks are same too. Turkish one is "Raki", Greek one is named "Ouzo" but they are same. I wonder if there was "Ouzo" in Greece at 19th century? Or Anatolian immigrants bring "Raki" there and they just changed the name as "Ouzo"?? Raki is made by grape and grape means "üzüm" in Turkish. Maybe they derived the name "ouzo" from Turkish "üzüm" cuz it`s similar sounding.
                        Last edited by Onur; 07-28-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
                          Something about Asia Minor, the relation between Greeks, Turks and Armenians. A great introduction, but look especially the part between 5 to 8 minutes.
                          This is the most "Greek" movie by Elia Kazan, America, America (1963) telling the story of his family and how they ended up in America.

He might be a good director but this movie is just one of countless materials of anti-Turkish propaganda.

I watched this movie for a long time ago and i don't know where they filmed it but i remember that the Turkey was looking like Arabia.

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

Onur, Do you know that Zorba is buried in Skopje? I've seen his grave.

Ouzo is made from Aniseed, we have the same thing called Mastika if you want to know more just take a look at the forum member Mastika's avatar thats what the bottle looks like.

By Raki do you mean Rakija? Thats made from grapes and its very traditional. Its usually white but we like to make it yellowish, the white rakija for me is used for cleaning windows. When i was in Monte Negro i tried their rakija it was over 50% alcohol and it was white, three shots of that would have put you on the floor, its ideal for cleaning windows lol
                            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                              All these dances are some kind of variation of Turkish zeybek(zeibekikos in Greek) dance of Aegean Anatolia. Anatolian immigrants bring this dance to Greece along with all the instruments and music style too. Then they created a faster and more vibrant dance called "Sirtaki" by using zeybek dance figures as base.

I always wondered if current Greeks would have any music and food culture today if there wouldn't be Anatolian immigrants. Probably not.

P. S: Btw, our national drinks are same too. Turkish one is "Raki", Greek one is named "Ouzo" but they are same. I wonder if there was "Ouzo" in Greece at 19th century? Or Anatolian immigrants bring "Raki" there and they just changed the name as "Ouzo"?? Raki is made by grape and grape means "üzüm" in Turkish. Maybe they derived the name "ouzo" from Turkish "üzüm" cuz it`s similar sounding.
                              Onur, I have heard that the Zorba 'dance' itself was first concoctocted by someone in Anthony Quinn's movie, 'Zorba the Greek'. Can anybody else confirm?

Raki and Ouzo don't have the same taste, Raki is stronger like the Macedonian Rakija, whereas Ouzo is not as 'overbearing', more like the Macedonian Mastika I think.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Onur, I have heard that the Zorba 'dance' itself was first concoctocted by someone in Anthony Quinn's movie, 'Zorba the Greek'. Can anybody else confirm?
                                Yes, I can confirm. Lately, the credit is attributed to an unknown choreographer (George Provias) who trained them at Athens, but was not present at the shootings. Yet, both Quinn and Cacoyiannis have tried to take credit. It seems that the exact dance (which was later named syrtaki) was concocted this way at Crete, because Quinn had a problem with his knee!!

Comment

Working...
                                X