X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
    [CENTER]I wonder if Greece would have any proper cuisine and music culture today if christian Turks wouldn't bring all these culture to Greece.
    We would have had to settle for the Rennaisance...thank god you guys came along...

Comment

• Makedonetz
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Mousaka View Post
      Oh My
      Makedoncite se borat
      za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
      - Goce Delchev

Comment

• johnMKD
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        By the way, ......... What is 'manamooOooooo' its definetly not Macedonian. Is it some kind of cow call????
        The music seems to be definitely Macedonian. But the lyrics are quite touching and refer to those who live in foreign countries away from home. "Mana mou" means "my mother" (moja majka, if I'm not mistaken ).
        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
          The music seems to be definitely Macedonian. But the lyrics are quite touching and refer to those who live in foreign countries away from home. "Mana mou" means "my mother" (moja majka, if I'm not mistaken ).
          I know what 'mans mou' means John I was only being silly with mousaka who gave us a silly propaganda clip trying to prove there is macedonia and its Greek. You seem to also think it was a macedonian song John. Please explain how it is macedonian and why can't I understand the lyrics.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• johnMKD
            • Apr 2010

I know what 'mans mou' means John I was only being silly with mousaka who gave us a silly propaganda clip trying to prove there is macedonia and its Greek. You seem to also think it was a macedonian song John. Please explain how it is macedonian and why can't I understand the lyrics.
            I was referring merely to the music, Bill. I said that to me it seems to be definitely Macedonian. But I'm no expert on this, so I don't know. However, the lyrics are Greek and my thought was that maybe they used a Macedonian song with Greek lyrics.
            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
              I was referring merely to the music, Bill. I said that to me it seems to be definitely Macedonian. But I'm no expert on this, so I don't know. However, the lyrics are Greek and my thought was that maybe they used a Macedonian song with Greek lyrics.
              Understand, I would have to listen to it again to give an opinion on the music once I get internet again. This blackberry is driving me nuts. From memory though it did not sound anything like macedonian Mabe because the musical instruments used gave it to much a Greek /Turkish chiftateli sound......if you know what I mean.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Understand, I would have to listen to it again to give an opinion on the music once I get internet again. This blackberry is driving me nuts. From memory though it did not sound anything like macedonian Mabe because the musical instruments used gave it to much a Greek /Turkish chiftateli sound......if you know what I mean.
                Just heard it again John. I now know what. You mean. It does sound Macedonian music but a Greek song.

I don't know where I heard the music that sounds something you would dance the chiftetli from. My bad.

Comment

• johnMKD
                  • Apr 2010

Just heard it again John. I now know what. You mean. It does sound Macedonian music but a Greek song.

I don't know where I heard the music that sounds something you would dance the chiftetli from. My bad.
                  Maybe you just had heard another version of it. Who knows how many "remixes" they have come up with it in order to make it sound more Greek. However, the version that I know is this one and seems to be more "nas".
                  Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Makedonetz
                    • Apr 2010

Bill JohnMKD

That sound has a somewhat sound of the Florina Western Macedonia area dont you think? Its interesting the different types of music and tones from different parts of Macedonia :rmacedonia
                    Makedoncite se borat
                    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Mastika
                      • Feb 2010

The song is another crappy cover Payner/Planeta Music and the hot models/singers who apart from looking great have very little musical talent at all, in my opinion. They are no different than consumer products targeted at a sex hungry Bulgarian/Balkan market, and for this the Bulgarians now have a reputation for being the whores of the Balkans. if anything the song by Malina and Azis is influenced by Turkish music. As soon as I listened to the song i thought that i had heard it before, it is a popular Serbian song, however I cannot think of the name. BUT, i looked at the comments and apparently it was originally a Greek song, as is often the case.

Much of the stuff produced by Grand Music (Serbian, Pink Television) and Payner Music (Bulgarian, Televizija Planeta) is either copied from Turkish, Greek or other European music. People who listen to songs from a range of Balkan countries would soon realise how much the music industry recycles and reuses songs. It makes money, but it devalues the quality and diversity of the music in my opinion.

Good to see the young boy in the second video embracing music. Good for him.
                      Last edited by Mastika; 06-21-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• johnMKD
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                        Bill JohnMKD

That sound has a somewhat sound of the Florina Western Macedonia area dont you think? Its interesting the different types of music and tones from different parts of Macedonia :rmacedonia
                        I honestly don't know, Makedonetz. My only experience with Macedonian music is from that area, ie. Lerin and Voden. And according to this you seem to be right; it sounds that it is from that region. However, are there many differences throughout the regions?
                        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Makedonetz
                          • Apr 2010

JohnMKD

I belive the tones and instruments might be somewhat different. Here are two types let me know if you hear a difference.

Kostur Region

Makedonija --Egejska pesna

Mala Prespa/Florina Region

Makedoncite se borat
                          za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• johnMKD
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                            JohnMKD

I belive the tones and instruments might be somewhat different. Here are two types let me know if you hear a difference.
                            Thanks for this.
                            I can understand the difference, yes; although I'm not a musician to describe it. However, personally I think I am more used to the third version of them (from Lerin). I looove Macedonian music
                            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Makedonetz
                              • Apr 2010

Yes i love music from every part of our Beutiful Country :rmacedonia

Boys from Buf
                              Makedoncite se borat
                              za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Onur
                                • Apr 2010

Hey, i found this at related videos and i heard this song in Turkish tv channels several times. Chorus part of the song is Turkish and it`s same words as in lyrics of Turkish version here ;

YouTube - Bitola babam Manastir : Music of Macedonia

Comment

Working...
                                X