X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bratot
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Spare us, don't toe that pathetic line here. The lion's share of your 2.5 million Greek citizens on occupied Macedonian land are largely imports from Asia Minor. These people are not Macedonians. They are Christians from Asia who now live within Greek territory on occupied Macedonian soil.

They are mere geographic "Macedonians" in a very narrow sense - And that's where it ends. Their history is in Asia, today's Turkey. There is no denying this. 85 years ago these people never even sniffed European dirt, get your head out of your ass mate.
    As the Bishop of Florina (Lerin) Augostinos Kandiotis once said:

"If the hundreds of thousands of refugees had not come to Greece, Greek Macedonia would not exist today."

Leave a comment:

• Traveller
    replied
    I am interested in politics, i get bored in history (even though due to my age i have seen enough during the Yugoslav era)

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    In fact they were forced to migrate to Asia Minor because the Ottomans didnt have merchants and people who had to do with the sea. They were Greeks from the Aegean islands and they migrated by force on 15 and 16th century. Not many people (except the historians) know that , even in Greece.
    Come on now, there may be some truth to this, but most of the Christians from Asia did not speak Greek natively, you're clutching at straws here.

Spyros Vrionis "The decline of medieval Hellenism in asia Minor and the process of Islamization from the eleventh through fifteenth century"
    Medieval "Hellenism"? You mean devil-worshipping during the middle ages? There was no such thing as "Hellenism", you are not referring to some deluded 3 or 4 Platoists are you?

Please, you are free to prove me otherwise, because I find the reference to "Hellenism" in the Medieval period in the context of continuity for the modern Greek an open joke.

Leave a comment:

• Traveller
    replied
    Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    The best historian in Greece would not say otherwise would he?
    It is about truth. It proves that this blsit we say about "the ancient greeks that lived there for 2000 years" blah blah is not true. The truth is that they were islamized and the Greeks that were massacred by the turks were brought from the islands.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    The best historian in Greece would not say otherwise would he?

Leave a comment:

• Traveller
    replied
    Originally posted by Metodija View Post
    This is the most stupid comment I've read so far. Do you real believe this yourself???
    Spyros Vrionis "The decline of medieval Hellenism in asia Minor and the process of Islamization from the eleventh through fifteenth century"
    BERKELEY LOS ANGELES
    UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA PRESS
    NEW PAPERBACK PRINTING 1986

He is considered the best historian in Greece. He proves through archives that all ancient Greeks were islamized during that period and that forced migrations occured to Asia Minor.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Of course they believe it.
    What are the other options ... they were Arabs/Serbs/Armenian etc??? No way would their myth allow this.

Leave a comment:

• Metodija
    replied
    Originally posted by Traveller View Post
    In fact they were forced to migrate to Asia Minor because the Ottomans didnt have merchants and people who had to do with the sea. They were Greeks from the Aegean islands and they migrated by force on 15 and 16th century. Not many people (except the historians) know that , even in Greece.
    This is the most stupid comment I've read so far. Do you real believe this yourself???

Leave a comment:

• Daskalot
    replied
    That does not make them Macedonian anyway..... Islanders from the Aegean, yes, calling themselves Romeoi, yes, Greeks in the modern sense of the word, NO.

Leave a comment:

• Traveller
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Spare us, don't toe that pathetic line here. The lion's share of your 2.5 million Greek citizens on occupied Macedonian land are largely imports from Asia Minor. These people are not Macedonians. They are Christians from Asia who now live within Greek territory on occupied Macedonian soil.

They are mere geographic "Macedonians" in a very narrow sense - And that's where it ends. Their history is in Asia, today's Turkey. There is no denying this. 85 years ago these people never even sniffed European dirt, get your head out of your ass mate.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    It's this sacred name : MAKEDONIA. Since we are 2.5 millions there should be more Greek users than you.When you are dealing with the Macedonian problem i dont think it is reasonable to exclude Greeks.In Maknews all Greeks were banned and it finally became a farce with foreigners pretending to be Greeks...

Leave a comment:

• osiris
    replied
    ne se sekirai jankovska od idoioti ne mozhish razum da barash. they wouldnt be greek unless they were full of drivel.

Leave a comment:

• Dejan
    replied
    You're starting to stink up this place boutros...

Leave a comment:

• mbourdes
    replied
    Insects with veto powers.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    I think we will have a problem when Greece renames itself as Macedonia.
    Until then, these people are merely annoying insects.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X