X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jankovska
    • Sep 2008

This is how the Macedonians live in Macedonia

Articles like this make me so angry with the present goverment. The promises are long forgotten and so are our people. I had the opportunity to visit one of these places a couple of years ago and I still have nightmares. Gruevski spends money on building awful looking statues over ugly looking Skopje, employes 290 unexperienced Albanianas who put our Macedonians in these places.His goverment talks about national pride but they have forgotten the ones that suffered the most.
    To be honest I am going to through a little blame here on the Macedonian Diaspora organisation for not pressurning the goverment and asking them to sort out the problem. UMD,MSK, etc should play a bigger role in actually helping Macedonia and suggesting and if possible placing pressure on the goverment to sort out this problem.
    These people are our brothers and sisters, their kids don't know about a proper secure home. I remember talking to few kids and all of them saying they just want to have a room, a bathroom. Kids should be asking for barbie dolls and not for basic things like a bed? It makes me angry and it fills me with hate towards the unjustice in the world, towards the liars of politicians that still lead our country, towards the rich who abuse their power to get richer, the every day Macedonian for not going on the streets to teach the goverment a lesson, for the Diaspora who turn away most of the time when asked for money. I don't know, here is the article, you make your judgement
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
    Articles like this make me so angry with the present goverment. The promises are long forgotten and so are our people. I had the opportunity to visit one of these places a couple of years ago and I still have nightmares. Gruevski spends money on building awful looking statues over ugly looking Skopje, employes 290 unexperienced Albanianas who put our Macedonians in these places.His goverment talks about national pride but they have forgotten the ones that suffered the most.
    To be honest I am going to through a little blame here on the Macedonian Diaspora organisation for not pressurning the goverment and asking them to sort out the problem. UMD,MSK, etc should play a bigger role in actually helping Macedonia and suggesting and if possible placing pressure on the goverment to sort out this problem.
    These people are our brothers and sisters, their kids don't know about a proper secure home. I remember talking to few kids and all of them saying they just want to have a room, a bathroom. Kids should be asking for barbie dolls and not for basic things like a bed? It makes me angry and it fills me with hate towards the unjustice in the world, towards the liars of politicians that still lead our country, towards the rich who abuse their power to get richer, the every day Macedonian for not going on the streets to teach the goverment a lesson, for the Diaspora who turn away most of the time when asked for money. I don't know, here is the article, you make your judgement
    http://www.dnevnik.com.mk/?ItemID=2C...A6CF97BD9F0515
    I would like for a UMD representative to respond to this post and exhibit the measures (if any) that are being taken to correct this problem within Macedonia, from their end.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• King Makedon
      • Apr 2009

How can I join the UMD in Germany? I am not sure if there is a representative.
      ]
      The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
      [/SIZE]

Comment

• King Makedon
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
        http://www.dnevnik.com.mk/?ItemID=2C...A6CF97BD9F0515
        I agree to you.
        Macedonians never were able to speak and act like one voice (exept a king or tsar was a ruler).
        do not forget how much money the diaspora already spend for its country. Some say it was not enough, others say already too much.
        The problem is that the money which is spended from the diaspora does not reach the hotspot but in somebodys wallet.
        So a special fond has to be created and people who will exclusively work for the UMD or a similar organization who will be also controlled by the organization have to make sure that the money gets there where it should be. Another proposal: aren't there enough macedonians in the diaspora who also need the money of such a fond? It might be helpful if help us each other. After all we are sittig on the same boat.
        To politicians: every politician is like an actor. just lying and promissing.
        they only spend money for cheap projects to make them look good when it is election time, as in other democratic countries aswell.
        Last edited by King Makedon; 08-16-2009, 12:59 AM.
        ]
        The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
        [/SIZE]

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I think many people over-rate the UMD.
          I am not sure why it is assumed they have the ability to influence policy.
          Actions speak louder than words.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• King Makedon
            • Apr 2009

Well, I don't know how you guys debate in Australia or in america, but in Germany it's like sitting in a kafana. Sitting drinking rakija and beer listen to macedonian folk music and argueing about everydays problems in the community itself.
            That's why it has to evolve sooner or less, to speak as the voice of the diaspora, no matter from where they are. Australia,Canada, USA, Europe etc.. . We use today the internet as a communication tool. So expensive voyaging are not anymore necessary and more younger generations should take over and debate what is the best.
            Sure the UMD has not such an influence, but if we will be able to vote and have our own representatives in parliament we can show to macedonian parties that we are not pleased about the developments and have our own vision of a better macedonia.
            So in this case our representatives will be able to vote in parliament and make their own proposals on law changing, with the consolidation of the organizaion of the diaspora.

Of course i'm pissed off of politicians who only do care about their wallet and not for the people.
            That's why i want to try to make it change, for the benefit of all of us where ever we might live.
            The world belongs to macedonia not macedonia to the world, especially not to our neighbouring countries.
            Last edited by King Makedon; 08-16-2009, 01:33 AM.
            ]
            [/SIZE]

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

I think the idea of the Diaspora fund which you mentioned briefly, is really a great one.

I've been working on the details for such a fund for some time now, and I can say it will be the most difficult thing ever to be established by Macedonians, but probably the most effective and have most impact on improving the lives of the Macedonian people.

I've been following (and speaking to) those involved in setting up the Irish and Jewish funds based on the same concept, both do it very, very well.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

What a complicated saga it would be.
                I remember the protest last year in Melbourne, Macedonians had to duck and weave so that the idea for the protest could not be attributed to one organisation. If it was understood to be initiated by certain individuals, other individuals would have been marginalised.

A Diaspora fund obviously would have to be managed by an organisation that is beyond question. Such an organisation does not actually exist yet. Since many appear unable to agree to a Macedonian cause, it would appear many will be unable to put their faith in one organisation to instigate this noble endeavour.

Notwithstanding this, it is indeed a noble endeavour and must be pursued. At this stage, the closest organisations appear to be the Macedonian Human Rights organisations. Their work appears focused and is devoid of any personal glorification pursuits that seem to condemn many other organisations.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

I don't know about MHRMI in Canada as I don't really know the guys there, but I'd definitely agree with you about the AMHRC (Australia); they really are the A-team of the community.

As for the Diaspora fund, I don't think ANY Macedonian organisation should run it, purely based on the present mentality of our community, as well as the faith in the Macedonian organisations.

Rather, I think it could be a Constituted group run by a major bank, to avoid the many trust problems. Given that the only Macedonians who seem to donate money for Macedonia are the ones who are activists and not the general public, then that suggests the group should be a FOR-profit group, and run as an investment fund for the Macedonian community where by, Macedonians would invest their money into the Macedonian Diaspora Fund in a term-deposit, with a return higher than the major banks (using Australia as an example), and that money is then lent to the Macedonian Government, or local Governments for national or local projects, with an interests far lower than that of the IMF and World Bank...

Everyone thinks the Jews donated money for Isreal. Instead, they found a way to improve the country whilst everyone profits (Israel, Israeli's and Diaspora/Investors) - and that's how they got so many involved over time.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                    Everyone thinks the Jews donated money for Isreal. Instead, they found a way to improve the country whilst everyone profits (Israel, Israeli's and Diaspora/Investors) - and that's how they got so many involved over time.
                    In Macedonia we would have to wait for ethnic Albanians in Government departments to rubber stamp some initiatives. This is where the comparison with Israel ends.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• King Makedon
                      • Apr 2009

we have more problems than that
                      ]
                      [/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                      X