Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lvintra
    • Jan 2009

At the ancient time Greece was not a state you know that???
    Bratot my friend since the beginning of the third AD century, the extension of Roman citizenship status in many peoples of the Empire, allowed the participation of non-Greeks in the Olympic Games.
    Soldier of Macedon hi again, after the Greco-Persian wars start the Greeks to have an identity like nation to be greek more than spartans.Greek more than Athenian...etc and soldier of macendon in wikipedia you will find a map of Roman province of Macedonia.
    Rogi Alexander the Great offered sacrifices to Egyptian gods, respected the religion, priests, customs and traditions. Relieved the people from the overwhelming Persian taxation. For these reasons worshiped and given royal titles, and was named Pharaoh.
    But the problem is not if the ancient Macedonians were Greeks,I dont give a shit,but what makes you macedonians and not the greeks who live in Macedonia(us Greek province) Macedonians?

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lvintra View Post
      But the problem is not if the ancient Macedonians were Greeks,I dont give a shit,but what makes you macedonians and not the greeks who live in Macedonia(us Greek province) Macedonians?
      You make a good point Ivintra. Lets delve into your reasonable question. You suggest that there are Greeks who live in the Macedonian province of Greece who now want to call themselves Macedonian. What is wrong with this? Absolutely nothing. But because the Greeks are trying to suggest that being Macedonian is part of being Greek (and we all know this is a very recent phenomena) and is heavily embraced by the many people in Northern Greece including the Orthodox Turkish nationals who became citizens roughly 80 years ago.

There were other people who called themselves Macedonian before the new Greeks started embracing this term. And lets not be too cute about it, the new Greeks embraced this term WHOLEHEARTEDLY about 20 years ago. The other people were people like me .... you know ... the real Macedonians.

So the Greeks who reside in Macedonia who now want to call themselves Macedonian are nothing more than Greeks who want an extra name for themselves. Are they Greeks OR Macedonians .... they are Greeks my friend. They would be horrified to be associated with the "other" Macedonians. Hence they overwhelmingly will associate themselves with Greece. They are the ones who NEED a descriptor in their names and they cherish it. Real Macedonians like me need no descriptor and Greeks are being petty over a losing battle they have decided to engage.

We have Greeks who live in Australia.
      Are they fighting just as desperately to be called Australians?
      What is your point exactly Ivintra?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Ivintra, it is as simple as this:

The absolute and overwhelming majority of the population in the Aegean part of Macedonia (Northern Greece), either settled there or their parents/grandparents settled there just 80 years ago. Prior to that, they had no connection whatsoever to Macedonia and Macedonian land.

As for those who were indigenous to Macedonia, and lived on that land and originate from Macedonia from time immemorial, well that's us. We come FROM Macedonia, while you (Greeks) came TO Macedonia, and only 80 years ago.

Even besides all that, the term Macedonian is one that represents our ethnic, national, cultural and linguistic group. It is not a mere geographical term.

Comment

• lvintra
          • Jan 2009

Risto i cant find a conection to your slav history-identity with your macedonia history-identity i want someone to explain this to me please.And Rogi what are you telling to me my friend that before 80 there was none greek in Macedonia(us Greek province)?

Risto very friendly these:Greece does not engage to any fight your state need recognition and history!
          Last edited by lvintra; 08-24-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Ivintra, I quote you:
            But the problem is not if the ancient Macedonians were Greeks,I dont give a shit
            So please explain to me again what the Greek connection to Macedonia is if it is not thought to be ancient. Dig yourself out.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ivintra
              Soldier of Macedon hi again, after the Greco-Persian wars start the Greeks to have an identity like nation to be greek more than spartans.Greek more than Athenian...etc and soldier of macendon in wikipedia you will find a map of Roman province of Macedonia.
              Hi Ivintra, we've crossed paths before? You're explanation above is interesting, but I think it is more convenient than anything else as it appears to be an attempt to coincince this 'commencement' of a common Greek identity with the rise of Macedon. On what basis do you claim that a common Greek identity developed after the Greco-Persian war?

What about the map of the Roman province of Macedonia?

Risto i cant find a conection to your slav history-identity with your macedonia history-identity i want someone to explain this to me please.And Rogi what are you telling to me my friend that before 80 there was none greek in Macedonia(us Greek province)?

Risto very friendly these:Greece does not engage to any fight your state need recognition and history!
              Ivintra, I can assure you that there is plenty of evidence relating to what you seek here. But you're question is vague and unclear, which allows for muddy waters later in the discussion. Please re-phrase it, and explain what exactly it is that you are looking for.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
                • Sep 2008

Ivintra, some 1.6 million of the 2.6 million people living in Aegean Macedonia (today's Northern Greece), have no connection to Macedonian land beyond 80 years. They (or their parents/grandparents) were settled into Macedonia 80 years ago.

Of the remaining 1 million remaining, you will see Vlachs, Macedonians, Albanians and Turks making up that figure, with a very small minority of Greeks.

You struggle to understand that Macedonians are the only group which is UNIQUE to Macedonia.

Comment

• lvintra
                  • Jan 2009

Risto The ancient Macedonian were Greeks but the recognition from the other city states was political.
                  Soldier i am not historian these are words of Richard A.Gabriel,Ph.D.(Author:Empires at war)

And Rogi wake up,in 1926 the proportion of the Greek population of Macedonia(in Greece) reached 88.8%.

Comment

• lvintra
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                    You struggle to understand that Macedonians are the only group which is UNIQUE to Macedonia.
                    YouTube - Indian Thriller

Comment

• El Bre
                      • Sep 2008

So let me get this straight Invetro, the Albanian Arvanite history in Greece dates back what? 4-500 years and today they are full fledged Greeks, but, a Slavic history in Macedonian that dates back 1500 years, you cant wrap your brain around? I think you need to bone up on your critical thinking skills and come back and see us when you get your mind right.

I have a suggestion for you in the meantime, why don't you go and find out about your rich historical heritage in Anatolia and leave Macedonia to the Macedonians.
                      Last edited by El Bre; 08-25-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Very interesting, lets cut the crap about who was who in Ancient times too much water has flown under the bridge anyways so it is of no concern for us now living in the modern age.

But what is interesting is your point of reference for your argument, you are calling anyone now living in Greek annexed Macedonia with a Greek conscious for a Macedonian, haven't you missed a few crucial historical events to justify them this right to be Macedonians? You are aware that there were Macedonians already present in Macedonia when Greece took possession of a part of Macedonia, they were also there when Greece resettled about ~1.000.000 Christians from Turkey in 1920s whos descendants today are the most numerous population in Macedonia and whom today claim to be Macedonians, can you tell me how those Christians from Turkey became Macedonians 2009???? Because we all know that they were not Macedonians when they were living in Smyrna(Izmir), Constantinople(Istanbul), Pontus(Black sea coast) or the Karaman(central part) region in Turkey.

Please enlighten us of the ~1.000.000 newly born Macedonians from Turkey, who are they?
                        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Didn't you just prior say that you do not care of Ancient times so what do you care about our Slavic history?

You seem to care a great deal about Ancient times....... otherwise why this somewhat awkward question?

Could you please explain to me why you are referring to a PROVINCE in Greece with the name of Macedonia when in REALITY there is none???? There are Peripheries nothing else.

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Risto The ancient Macedonian were Greeks but the recognition from the other city states was political.
                            Soldier i am not historian these are words of Richard A.Gabriel,Ph.D.(Author:Empires at war)

And Rogi wake up,in 1926 the proportion of the Greek population of Macedonia(in Greece) reached 88.8%.
                            You are stating a fact, please provide the proper documentation so we can discuss these figures of yours.

Greece counted anyone belonging to the Patriarchate as Greek. Thus almost anyone was "Greek" in 1926.

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

What is the point of this video?

I will give you a formal warning, one more time you post a nonsense post as an answer you will be banned.

This is not your personal toilet or your personal playground.

Debate properly or get lost.

And remember back your statements up with sources hence forth.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

In regards toInvintra that Richard A. Gabriel phd saying the macedonians were greek simply because they spoke & wrote in greek.Well Guys i can easily put that to rest as when the greeks came approx 3000 years from the subhara africa guess who they found
                                the macedonians were allready there before them.The macedonians spoke macedonian not greek then.The macedonians are blessed with the oldest phonetic alphabet which is prehistoric going back to25000- 50000 findings in france & danube prove it.Note also all the phonetic alphabets greek,eutruscan,phonecian are derived from the ancient macedonian alphabet.The ancient macedonian alphabet predates all phonetic alphabets
                                it predates even the hebrew alphabet!Also the ancient macedonian alphabet predates the so called egyptian alphabet(hiroglyphs).
                                One question i smell a rat how come allways has greek inscriptions on their finds where
                                as on the rep of macedonia its allways macedonian.I would say the greeks will go to many lenghts to manipulate finds to their advantage.Example of the lenghs to manipulate in mavrinci in Rep of macedonia a macedonian found a macedonian helmet the greeks tried to buy it & say it was found in greece they were going to pay 1million euros!!I'm sorry guys i have blown the theory that MACEDONIANS were Greeks to the contrary they were unique,they were macedonian distinctly!
                                George S.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X