Deconstruction of the term Bulgar/B'lgar/Bugar/Voulgar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Guys just look at the photos of all these people now in bulgaria they have slanted eyes and mongolic features.Why hide from the truth.I read an article that by 2050 the bulgarian face will be changed to a gypsy face.Gypsies are going to take over pretty soon.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      Guys just look at the photos of all these people now in bulgaria they have slanted eyes and mongolic features.Why hide from the truth.I read an article that by 2050 the bulgarian face will be changed to a gypsy face.Gypsies are going to take over pretty soon.
      George, how would you classify Nikolina Dobreva, also known as Nina Dobrev? Does she have Mongolic features?

Comment

• Philosopher
        • Sep 2008

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

yeah gypsie mongoloied type. defintely not a bulgarian looking type.You can have her.Its a take it orb leave it offer.I hear mogoloids don't take regular baths.Probably once a month if there are no icicles out.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
            He said the 'real' Bulgars disappeared a long time ago and that now they are just Mongols. This is the point I was talking about, but I don't agree with it completely.

I agree only to a point because I believe they did have Mongols there but the Mongols assimilated with the Bulgars.
            Both the Bulgar and Mongol element were numerically insignificant in that region and they melted away through assimilation with the local population. It is incorrect to generalise about today's Bulgarians having an Asiatic look given that there are similar-looking people all over the Balkans and that much of Bulgaria's population originally descended from Macedonia.
            Originally posted by GeorgeS
            yeah gypsie mongoloied type. defintely not a bulgarian looking type.You can have her.Its a take it orb leave it offer.I hear mogoloids don't take regular baths.Probably once a month if there are no icicles out.
            George, there are plenty of girls in Macedonia that look similar to her. Ease up on the racial insults. I am not going to continually remind you to refrain from such stupidity.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Nikolaj
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Both the Bulgar and Mongol element were numerically insignificant in that region and they melted away through assimilation with the local population. It is incorrect to generalise about today's Bulgarians having an Asiatic look given that there are similar-looking people all over the Balkans and that much of Bulgaria's population originally descended from Macedonia.
              Yes my friend, thank you for solidifying my point.

Comment

• Philosopher
                • Sep 2008

George, there are plenty of girls in Macedonia that look similar to her.
                Here is one:

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                  • Jul 2012

much of Bulgaria's population originally descended from Macedonia.
                  SOM are there any threads on this forum that cover this idea? Cant seem to find any and I`m interested in finding out a bit more about it.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                    SOM are there any threads on this forum that cover this idea? Cant seem to find any and I`m interested in finding out a bit more about it.
                    MM, it is more than just an idea. There was a significant Macedonian emigration to Bulgaria which took place from the 19th century onward, particularly after Bulgaria gained self-rule from the Ottoman Empire. An important motivation behind such actions was a desire to escape tyrannical rule and in turn organise or support a resistance movement for the liberation of Macedonia. There are threads which indirectly reference this subject as part of broader topics (such as the emigrant Macedonian organisations involved in the revolution, specific periods of turmoil, etc) but you would need to search for them. If I happen to come across any I will re-post them in a new thread.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                      • Jul 2012

MM, it is more than just an idea. There was a significant Macedonian emigration to Bulgaria which took place from the 19th century onward, particularly after Bulgaria gained self-rule from the Ottoman Empire. An important motivation behind such actions was a desire to escape tyrannical rule and in turn organise or support a resistance movement for the liberation of Macedonia. There are threads which indirectly reference this subject as part of broader topics (such as the emigrant Macedonian organisations involved in the revolution, specific periods of turmoil, etc) but you would need to search for them. If I happen to come across any I will re-post them in a new thread.
                      Thanks SOM. I will try and search for them.

I am assuming that many of these Macedonians that emigrated ended up becoming Bulgarized and today identify as Bulgarians. Is that correct? That would explain why some Bulgarians look quite similar to Macedonians in appearance.
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

som i'm not going to debate you or threaten you that you are racist etc etc .The evidence is there there was a lot of tartars coming into bulgaria displacing the original people until there was nothing but tartars or mongols.If you dispute this please bring up the facts.I say there was a lot of displacement you say a slight one.So lets agree to disagree.Also i don't like debating admin cause its a no win situation.You know that.Sop why bother.Also i'm not a racist you can call me anything under the sun i will not budge
                        a muscle.I think as long as we are respected i respect likewise.So i'm not here to argue with people merely tpo point ou the obvious. Ok
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by "Momce Makedonce
                          I am assuming that many of these Macedonians that emigrated ended up becoming Bulgarized and today identify as Bulgarians. Is that correct?
                          Correct. Here is a thread which documents instances of Macedonian emigration / immigration. I have included a link on the most recent post there which should be a good starting point for you to further investigate Macedonians in Bulgaria.

As Macedonian immigrants arrived to U.S. they were living the full freedom od self determination. From the beginning of the I World War in 1914, the U.S.A. holded up a neutral position and managed to kept itself away being involved in the "Big War". But that position was abandoned in 1917, when 24 millions od

That would explain why some Bulgarians look quite similar to Macedonians in appearance.
                          Perhaps, but many people in the Balkans have a similar look about them anyway.
                          som i'm not going to debate you or threaten you that you are racist etc etc .
                          You can't argue such a point because I am not racist nor do I make bizarre remarks about "gypsy mongoloid" types that "don't take regular baths". It is inappropriate and inconsiderate, and it won't be tolerated. We are not a bunch of hillbillies here so try to apply some class and intellect as you present your arguments.
                          The evidence is there there was a lot of tartars coming into bulgaria displacing the original people until there was nothing but tartars or mongols.If you dispute this please bring up the facts.
                          You're suggesting that the whole of Bulgaria was inhabited only by Mongols or Tatars at some point, which is ridiculous. But, you made the statement, so the onus is on you to corroborate it. If you can't (and I know you can't), then either adjust your current argument or move on to another one.
                          Also i don't like debating admin cause its a no win situation.
                          I have never used my status as an administrator to muscle you in an argument. Some of your previous comments were inappropriate and completely fictitious, so I brought that fact to your attention. This is not the first time I have had to do this with you and I getting tired of pulling you up on the same thing each time. I am telling you to change your approach.

Comment

• Philosopher
                            • Sep 2008

som i'm not going to debate you or threaten you that you are racist etc etc .The evidence is there there was a lot of tartars coming into bulgaria displacing the original people until there was nothing but tartars or mongols.If you dispute this please bring up the facts.I say there was a lot of displacement you say a slight one.So lets agree to disagree.Also i don't like debating admin cause its a no win situation.You know that.Sop why bother.Also i'm not a racist you can call me anything under the sun i will not budge
                            a muscle.I think as long as we are respected i respect likewise.So i'm not here to argue with people merely tpo point ou the obvious. Ok
                            To paint all Bulgarians as "mongols" or "gypsies" is not only inappropriate, it is incorrect. This is like painting all Macedonians as "Slavs", which our southern neighbor loves to do. Bulgarians have some Asiatic mix, but this admixture is relatively small, and much less so than the dominant European strain of genes.

If you dispute this please bring up the facts.
                            It has been proven already. All scientific studies on the genetics of the Bulgarian population conclusively demonstrate the origins of this people.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

there are plenty of references to say what really happened ignorance seems the order of the day.Some people simply cannot accept that and call you a racist and threaten you.
                              Who were those people that the cyril and methodius wrote the alphabet for it wasn't bulgarians it was for the Tartars,THe effect was huge.If thats the case then so be it a simple acknowledgement would do.So what did happen to the real bulgarian population??THe answer may lie in the annals of history.It's a challenge to all and sundry to find out.I'm not simply making it up.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

here's your view on one of the questions questioning the ethnicity of the bulgarians.Why change yor view suddenly:
                                ""I have quoted you from the other thread.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Razer
                                I'd like to say that I recognise Macedonia as a separate and independent country.....
                                Do you recognise the distinct ethnic identity of the Macedonian people?
                                Quote:
                                I do admit that the Bulgarian government has done lots of mistakes towards the people in Macedonia.
                                There are many mistakes. Which one's would you admit to?
                                Quote:
                                I don't agree with some of your views about the Bulgarian history (mainly the turkic origin).........
                                You reply..."It is a view held by many Macedonians, but also by many others also. Nevertheless, I suspect that you think the original Bulgars were Iranian types as opposed to being Turkic. I wouldn't discount them being a mix of both, but to deny any Turkic element would be wrong. How else would you explain why they called their kings as 'khans'?
                                Quote:
                                I hope we can chat about those stuff in a positive and constructive way. I think we the people need to be building bridges, not burning them.
                                Likewise.
                                Quote:
                                But what shocked me the most, and still does, is the negative attitude of Bulgarians - all they do is complain and point the finger to others, but never to themselves...
                                There are many people in Macedonia who are the same. Some have even frequented this forum from time to time.:
                                Why change your view when the evidence was/is there all the time.What just to put people downJust remember genetic studies have been discredited as they are innaccurate.Talk about negative views only of others.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X