Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

If it was active, it didn't have an impact. Bulgars are invisible compared to Macedonians in Australia.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mango View Post
      There was a MPO chapter in Australia, too, some 10-15 years ago. It was represented by a certain George Phillipov (or Phillipou) and quite active, too. He had one of the first pro Bulgarian propaganda web sites.
      This is correct.
      He is a distant relative of mine. He wanted to join our local community and I was present at the meeting where he presented his case. He was asked if he viewed the Macedonian ethnic identity as being distinct from the Bulgarian identity. He said yes. He was asked the same from a historical perspective and he said yes with some qualifications.

Ultimately he is a victim of old accepted theories and quite possibly has a revised belief system nowadays. Not a dumb man by any stretch of the imagination.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• mango
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        This is correct.
        He is a distant relative of mine. He wanted to join our local community and I was present at the meeting where he presented his case. He was asked if he viewed the Macedonian ethnic identity as being distinct from the Bulgarian identity. He said yes. He was asked the same from a historical perspective and he said yes with some qualifications.

Ultimately he is a victim of old accepted theories and quite possibly has a revised belief system nowadays. Not a dumb man by any stretch of the imagination.
        He was a doctor (dentist?). We had quite a few back and forth on alt.news.macedonia. I remember him as rabidly pro-Bulgarian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mango View Post
          He was a doctor (dentist?).
          Yes, still is (but never dentistry). Medical research I think.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

it's kind of rare with some of the learnered to revise their beleifs but its sort of refreshing to hear that.I once had a macedonian dentist who tried to be funny by telling macedonian jokes albe it political ones i didn't find it funny whilst under the drill.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

Convention honors Macedonian heritage
              Emma Downs | The Journal Gazette
              Lebamoff

Fort Wayne will play host to hundreds of North Americans of Macedonian descent this weekend during an event that is part convention, part family reunion.

More than 500 Americans and Canadians are expected to attend the annual Macedonian Patriotic Organization from Friday to Sunday at Grand Wayne Center. The event, which will celebrate the 90th anniversary of the organization, will feature a genealogy seminar and two traditional Macedonian dance parties open to everyone – Macedonian or not.

Featuring music by longtime local band Skimos, the dances are an opportunity for people unfamiliar with Macedonian culture to explore the diversity Fort Wayne offers, says Jordan Lebamoff, president of the organization’s local chapter.

“The dances are a blast,” he says. “They’re so unique and different. And unless you’re a part of the Macedonian community, you might not ever get to experience the culture this way.”

And don’t worry, impromptu dance lessons are available for novices, Lebamoff says.

“You just have to go with the flow and you’ll learn the steps,” he says. “Everyone is more than gracious to teach you. My wife, although not Macedonian, is a much better dancer than I am. I do the 1-2-3 kick dances, so even I can teach a little bit.”

The Macedonian Patriotic Organization was founded in Fort Wayne in 1922. Originally created by immigrants, the group works toward civil and economic rights of Macedonian people worldwide and to promote and preserve the ethnic traditions of the homeland. The dances are a way to do that, Lebamoff says.

“When they’re dancing, you’ll see smiles on the kids’ faces, but you’ll also see smiles on the Macedonian grandparents’ faces,” he says. “They’re happy that their grandkids are learning their customs and heritage.”

Convention participants will also take part in the rededication of both the Macedonian Tribune building on Wayne Street and the Freedom Monument at the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, which was erected in 1986, thanks to fundraising efforts by former Fort Wayne mayor (and Jordan’s father) Ivan Lebamoff, who died in 2006.

“It will be an important moment for me,” Lebamoff says. “I remember actually digging the hole for the foundation of the monument when it was erected.”

The national convention was last in Fort Wayne in 1986. This year, Lebamoff is looking forward to introducing (or reacquainting) Fort Wayne to his family’s heritage, he says.

“If you come, I’ll officially adopt you,” Lebamoff says. “We’ll just add the letters “o-f-f” to the end of your name.”
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post

“If you come, I’ll officially adopt you,” Lebamoff says.
                George Mladenoff and those just like him are ALL yours MPO. We're nothing like you people BRAINWASHED and BOUGHT. Lebamoff, stick to what works best for your organization - bingo

REAL DEAL
                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 08-30-2012, 08:46 PM.
                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

That is a nice church MK
                  Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

it looks like a big church there mk.I like big churches with lots of people,& smiling faces.You canadians do know one thing is how to build big beatiful churches.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                      it looks like a big church there mk.I like big churches with lots of people,& smiling faces.You canadians do know one thing is how to build big beatiful churches.
                      Ta, crkva ne e vo Kanada (Detroit MI, USA)

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

sorry i thought it was canada.But they seem to be bigger than other places.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          sorry i thought it was canada.But they seem to be bigger than other places.
                          very nice church in detroit lets just hope we can keep them all going in north america - not going to be easy over the next 20 years. today, we have 4 church's in toronto and my guess is it will be down to ONE in the next half century.

curse of the umd aka deka se mladite? (dead end)
                          Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-08-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

fully agree on that mk.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• VMRO
                              • Sep 2008

Hey boys, i found these disturbing articles/letters:

Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                                • Aug 2010

MPO is dead (1980) and they took their lies and propaganda to their graves. BINGO ANYONE? Once, again the blame rests solely on the shoulders of their pro Bulgarian church's. MPO, CAUSED MORE HARM TO MACEDONIANS THAN GREEKS IN DIASPORA.
                                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-12-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X