Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

You might have the UMD confused with this place. We like to call ourselves the MTO and the majority of our members are opposed to more and more of what the UMD appears to stand for.

Originally posted by da zhivje imro
    if you bothered to look at our mission statement we fight for a free and independent macedonia
    You also claim a Bulgarian ethnicity. Kosovars in Kosovo appear to have claimed an independent Kosovo. Albanians in Albania seem happy with the result. Do you find any parallels with the MPO stance?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mr Brandy
      • May 2010

DZI - Bog to prosti - tatkoti - I too lost my father last year so I understand what you must be going through.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
        • May 2010

DZI - you are in the wrong place if you think this site represents the UMD.

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
          • Apr 2010

where can you quote me as saying i claim bulgarian ethnicity? i have said in every post so far I am a macedonian and nothing else
          Also, I am sorry for calling you UMD that was confusion on my part but when i first started reading these posts, before i registered, you guys seemed awful chummy.
          Also, I am lost on your analogy of kosovo with my MPO stance, as i said I leave the fighting and bickering to the old timers BRAJKO, I have different feelings which coincide with those of my generation in the MPO

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
            • Apr 2010

thank you guys for your condolences, and please don't think my intentions on this site are ill at heart, I wasn't around for the politicaL fights of the past and dont intend to partake in them. Obviously Ive heard storiers of how you feel about us, and undoubtedly youve heard sdtpories about how we feel about you. Althougfh I am not in a position within the MPo to changfe this anomopsity right now, I plan on being there one day. Asfar as im concerned I am macedonian and you are macedonian. Risto, I told you I did not shjare the same views as moj tatko, and my generation doesnt either. I share his historical views of stari kraj, not his political

Comment

• Mr Brandy
              • May 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Further to that. Recalling the loss of my own Father last year, feel free to respond when you have collected your thoughts. No rush.

I have no doubt there are good Macedonians in the MPO. I also have no doubt it is rotten at the head.

pozdrav
              Hi Risto - I agree there are good Macedonians within the MPO and also every other Macedonian organization including the UMD. I believe that there is a re-awakening taking place for a lot of younger Macedonians as DZI. Our history regarding MPO is highly imperfect - I think that we need to try and build bridges to as many Macedonians as we can. Rather I notice that many posters are all to eager to "gas" anybody who doesn't perfectly agree with their views.

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                • Apr 2010

And is MTO Macedonian Truth organization? Can you please direct me to your mission statement, because I would like to see it, then point oiut to you that our goals are one in the same! For the rightful recognition of Makedonia. I was never exposed to bulgarian propaganda, nor was i told i was bulgarian. I grew up with the understanding i came from sheperd families in ekshisou and visheni

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                  • Apr 2010

Well mr brandy, thanks for your level headeness in the matter, as I hope you can appreciate mine, and sorry about the UMD thing. My goal is simply to bring everyone together, opshto. We dont have to agree exactly on everty fine detail, we just need to embrace one another at least cordially because in the end we are brothers. Right? Thats my take on things. take a republican and a democrat, they might not vote for the same president, but there still best friends at the end of the day

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by da zhivje imro View Post
                    And is MTO Macedonian Truth organization? Can you please direct me to your mission statement, because I would like to see it, then point oiut to you that our goals are one in the same! For the rightful recognition of Makedonia. I was never exposed to bulgarian propaganda, nor was i told i was bulgarian. I grew up with the understanding i came from sheperd families in ekshisou and visheni
                    dzi
                    Welcome to the MTO and bog da go prosti tatkoti, it is never a good day when we lose a macedonian! With regards to the mission statement you seek, please go to the thread titled "The Macedonian Cause"- whilst it may not be a mission statement by your definition, in it's current form it is the culmination of the thoughts and wishes of the Macedonian people of the MTO.
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                      • Apr 2010

blagodarem makedonche, i'll go there now, and thank you for your condolences

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                        • Apr 2010

After reading that thread, and that statement, i can truly say for myself, not the mpo though, because i wont speak for them in this forum, i am in line with everything that you are, i believe the true dividing point between the mpo and the mto is the interpretation of our shared countries history.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr Brandy
                          Our history regarding MPO is highly imperfect - I think that we need to try and build bridges to as many Macedonians as we can. Rather I notice that many posters are all to eager to "gas" anybody who doesn't perfectly agree with their views.
                          Hi MB, welcome. Views are one thing, but when an organisation attacks the very essence of our identity, it is unacceptable and they represent an enemy of Macedonians. The MPO does this by insisting on the Bulgarian ethnicity of Macedonians.

Originally posted by da zhivje imro
                          I share his historical views of stari kraj, not his political
                          I won't comment on your Father's views neither historical or political. But the MPO views Macedonians as being worthy of their own country and having a Bulgarian ethnicity. If that is what you mean by historical views, then many MPO followers like you are mistaken.

Truthfully, now is not the time for you to carry your Father's torch. Take a bit of time out and come back here with a fresh mind. I feel like I want to hold back in some of my comments as a means of respecting your loss.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by da zhivje imro View Post
                            After reading that thread, and that statement, i can truly say for myself, not the mpo though, because i wont speak for them in this forum, i am in line with everything that you are, i believe the true dividing point between the mpo and the mto is the interpretation of our shared countries history.
                            That is great. Nice to hear. However, if we do delve into the MPO perspective, then the following aspect of the Macedonian Cause presents itself as a dilemma for them:
                            Originally posted by extract from the Macedonian Cause
                            Ensuring the absolute recognition, acknowledgement and acceptance by the International Community of the;

1) national, ethno-cultural and historic name of Macedonia,
                            2) Macedonian people, language and identity
                            3) Macedonian culture, symbols and folklore
                            4) Macedonian ancestry, heritage and history in its entirety
                            5) Macedonian Orthodox Church
                            Honestly, I thought I would highlight a few points that the MPO appears to depart from and found myself pretty much highlighting everything other than the "national identity of Macedonians" which the MPO appears to respect.

Can you see the problem here?
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

By the way, I love Visheni. It is arguably the nicest Macedonian village in all of Macedonia. And I know many proud Macedonians from there.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                                • Apr 2010

well on the lighter topic of visheni my baba's family is from there, and i wish to go one day.
                                Now to the business side, lets start with the church. The last of bishop kiril's churches that remain in america is holy ghost in youngstown ohio. the plaque on the church says macedono bulgarian. is that any different than macedono-american? on to the language, our language is our own, but closely related to hrvatski i bulgarski. such as american canadian and english are closely related but no the same. As far as culture, symbols etc, at my own house we still fly the old alexander flag, not the flag greece forced us to use for admission to the UN, and I proudly display a skull and crossbones imro flag in my living room as a member of the "bugaromani" MPO, by the way the flag was given as a present from my dad and step mom. As far as ancestry and heritage, my own father is quoted on this very site as saying is a descendant iof the soldiers of alexander. Please bre risto, tell me how that paints me as a bugaroman? also Jas sam risto too

Comment

Working...
                                X