Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Welcome Simply Macedonian, your American baseball analogy is quite fitting.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Simply Macedonian View Post
      Using an analogy from American baseball..I would like to comment on the "Macedonian Patriotic Organization". Three strikes and you're out! There isn't and never was anything Macedonian or patriotic about this organization. It always aimed at promoting the Bulgarian agenda in Macedonia. Ivan Mihailov never hid his agenda. -Macedonia for the Bulgarians. Their latest attempt to urge American Macedonians to declare as "Macedonian Bulgarians" etc. on the American census is horrifically anti-Macedonian, yet it espouses the views of their former "cherished leader". It's similar to the "Pan Macedonian Org.", which has a Greek agenda and which has done countless anti-Macedonian things over the years.

The "MPO" seems to follow Bulgaria's lead on everything. Yes, recognize the country, but not the nation and the language. This seems to fool some Macedonians in Macedonia and in the diaspora, but they have always been transparent in their goals. Remember their cookbook, which dedicates a page to Macedonia and which claims that Bulgarians etc. live in Macedonia, but no Macedonians in an ethnic sense. Remember people, the "MPO" for the most part considers us to be Macedonians but only in a geographic sense, and part of the Bulgarian nation.

Since Macedonia became a sovereign state there have been many attempts to rehabilitate the "MPO" with only temporary successes. There was the meeting of the United Macedonians with the "MPO" (which was a noble attempt to get them on the right track) and many other attempts including the anti-Macedonian traitor Lubco Georgievski's very close relationship with them. Together they seemed to have one agenda. To bring the "Bulgarian agenda" into Macedonia. They temporarily succeeded, but the Macedonian people caught on quickly. Although, I'm still amazed that Macedonian media consistently quote him on issues. He should be ignored as well like the "MPO".

Enough is enough. The husband of the current president has been on internet sites for years promoting the notion that we have Bulgarian roots. He is absolutely wrong as we all know, that is his right in a democratic society, but for god sakes, let's not support these people in any way. Ignoring them is the best policy. Let's attempt to get the young second and third generation Macedonians into our fold, becoming members of truly pro-Macedonian organizations.

The very website of the "MPO" has many anti-Macedonian pages..go the books for sale or the history pages. Their last president gave an interview to a Macedonian magazine espousing our so-called "Bulgarian roots".

This organization cannot be rehabilitated. I'm surprised at the opinion of the webmaster of another site who seems to think they can be and I must correct one of his assertions. The "MPO" is not strong in any way in Canada. It is not strong in the US. Just look at the pages analyzing their conventions. Photographs of a few people in every photo. This organization is dying with no future in the Macedonian community. Let's let it die. Don't mention it. Don't talk about it. Don't try to rehabilitate it. It will never work. It's been tried with zero success.
      Well written summary Simply Macedonian, the MPO is finished.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Apparently Tasho Alusheff, husband of Andrea, has passed away. Any truth to it?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Apparently Tasho Alusheff, husband of Andrea, has passed away. Any truth to it?
          That's the talk over at Maknews...the MPO followers over there, Maknews and Kafana have posted condolences...

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Phoenix, We knew he was sick for a while now, Andrea couldnt post on the forum because she had to look after him.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I would afford the MPO leader the same respect given to a Grkoman/Srboman etc.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• sydney
                • Sep 2008

it appears that in death alusheff is somehow no longer viewed as rabidly anti-macedonian by some people... how ridiculous.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

I havent posted on maknews for maybe something like 6 months or so. Its become a huge farce.

The worst part about the forum is that they keep on deleting threads when they become "loud" or delete very old threads. A lot of people posted some valuable information and statistics and it is all now lost.

It is a shame to see what it has become, provided some good reading many years ago.

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                    • Apr 2010

my father passed after a long and painful disease and you guys still manage to bash him. i can see why he used to get pissed while sitting at his computer when i was a kid. All he ever wanted to do was unite all the macedonians whether from petrich, aegensko(like us) or yugoslav macedonia. however, you guys were unfortunately brainwashed under tito to the point where you denounce the mpo and their bugaromani leadership. while you yourselves are srbomani and everyone can see it but you. I am very fortunate that my stari babas and dedos came here during the end of the ottoman days. at least i can look at the situation through an unblemished lense bog da go prosti

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                      • Apr 2010

with that being said, i remember someone mentioning that maybe the younger members of the mpo will have a less bulgariANIZED view of their nationality or something to that effect. well, as the youngest delegaten in the history of the mpo at the last convention. i mentioned just that, as the old timers were getting ready to start another political fight. I said that my generation identifies solely as macedonians. personally i am a macedonian whose family happens to come from what is now greece, but a macedonian through and through. our generation (late teens early twenties) come to mpo functions to dance, party and reconnect with fellow macedonians our age. not to bicker about whose grerek and bulgarian and serbian. we just want to have fun with nashe. I dont know what you guys bickered over with my step mom and with george lebamoff. and especially my father, because hes mentioned enough on this site to be a celebrity. but i joined to have thoughtful debate, not engage in racism or propaganda or spying. if you wanna kick me off go ahead, if not you know whose son i am, you know who taught me everything i know about my heritage, however I am a macedonian with no other blood in me, im not bulgarian although i do believe they were accomodating during the years of alexander todoroff and vanchge mihailoff, i do not believe we have the same blood as them

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Da Zhivje Imro, if he was indeed your Father, Bog da go prosti.
                        When I said I would afford him the same treatment as a Grkoman/Srboman etc. it means I would offer condolences to his family, to feel for his loved ones and to recall the grief of losing someone dear. It also means he was no Macedonian.

If your Father's dream was to unite all Macedonians, then why do it under a myth that we descend from a Bulgarian ethnicity? I am not from the Republic and I take offense to the suggestion that all and sundry from there are Tito's "employees".

If you cannot see the contradiction that slaps the MPO in its face every day, then you are just as bad as the many people before you who have been duped into believing it is an organisation created for the benefit of Macedonians. By believing your stari Babi i Dedoi ... you somehow feel more empowered or knowledgeable than the rest of us??? Did you confirm what library they got their knowledge of history from? They were probably the single most susceptible to Bulgarian Exarchate influence than any Macedonians before or after them.

If you believe the MPO has come a long way, please reconcile this with the very recent advice to the UMD that the MPO will be advising its members to claim Bulgarian ethnicity.

I am sorry for your loss. I am even more sorry for the loss of thousands of Macedonians who believe(d) the MPO was symbolic of being Macedonian.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                          • Apr 2010

well risto thanks for your condolences. as far as where moj stari's got their knowledge from it was living through our collective plight. if you are macedonian than you too heard the stories from your grandparents etc of how the turks treated us and then how the serbs or greeks treated us depending on what selo your from. I dont call myself bulgarian, as i said i am macedonian throughout. Also, from reading some of the postrs on this website and seeing some of trhe information thats been gathered from the mpo, it seems apparent that their must be a traitor within my organization, or a spy with in yours. It hurts me to say that because that makes us look at eachother as enemies, when in fact we are brothers. Do two brothers fight because one has black hair and the other has brown? You have your views and i have mine however, why does that keep us from fellowship. Im replying to you in a civilized manner as you replied to me. However a free and united macedonia can never be fully realized until everyone else does that. Like i said before I dont hold the exact views moj tatko did, that doesnt mean i couldnt bare to be with him.

Comment

• Da Zhive IMRO
                            • Apr 2010

What is the mission of the UMD?

As a third generation macedonian american? I found this page through a google search that turned up posts bashing moj tatko tasho alusheff. As I read these anti MPO threads that consistently call for the younger generations (myself being 20) to "see the light" though not in those words, and join a "truly pro-Macedonian" organization. Why is the UMD truly pro-macedonian and the MPO is not? if you bothered to look at our mission statement we fight for a free and independent macedonia, which, in my opinion we will not accomplish until we restore the borders of Alexanders macedonia. In the interest of being brief though, what is your mission statement? And how does it differ from ours? This is an honest question, please reply seriously

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

DZI, if you can jump over the first hurdle without tripping, we can keep talking. Here it is (again):

Originally posted by Risto the Great
                              If you believe the MPO has come a long way, please reconcile this with the very recent advice to the UMD that the MPO will be advising its members to claim Bulgarian ethnicity.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Further to that. Recalling the loss of my own Father last year, feel free to respond when you have collected your thoughts. No rush.

I have no doubt there are good Macedonians in the MPO. I also have no doubt it is rotten at the head.

pozdrav
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X