X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
    We "welcome" anyone to try to realize it, what more i can say?
    Your position on Thrace contradicts your position on Kurdistan (and yes, Armenia - a genocide you conveniently forgot when pointing out the case of Indigenous Australians). When SoM suggested that a tiny part of Istanbul/Constantinople be given to the Church, you began making up all sorts of reasons as to why that should not even be considered. But you have nothing other than brute force to rely on for Turkish claims to not just Istanbul/Constantinople, but to the whole of Eastern Thrace.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

But you have nothing other than brute force to rely on for Turkish claims to not just Istanbul/Constantinople, but to the whole of Eastern Thrace.
      If you wont believe anything i say or if you wont come up with something new instead of repeating yourself, then stop asking me a question with your prejudiced attitude.

So, quit blabbering like "you have nothing except brute force". The legitimacy is something earned and preserved, it`s not something you get with wishes and biased opinions without a base in real life. Anyway, i have no intention to discuss any sort of legitimacy with you because it seems that you don't know anything about this at all
      Last edited by Onur; 10-05-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

If for argument side the turkish people allow the building of orthodox churches or even like an orthodox cathedral in instanbul/constantinople there would be so much pilgirimages & so much tourism for turkey that it would rival the pilgrimages to mecca.If you were to give away yor capital you would have nothing left Onur.I mean it in a token gesture only i don't know if you can accomodate all of the orthodox churches.If they allowed a macedonian orthodox church that would be really telling greece in their face.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

What you mean with "allow"? building a church has never been forbidden here, George. Tough, new churches in Turkey are usually Jehovah witnesses or Pentacostals. I don't think there are any new orthodox churches cuz there are many of them here already.

Btw, There are already many important sites of christianity for pilgrimage in Turkey, like the real house of mother Mary on Efes/Ephesus mountain. There are always about 50-60 christian clerics there, praying for 24/7. The house itself has been excavated from ground according to a vision of a nun in 19th century, with her description.

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
            If you wont believe anything i say or if you wont come up with something new instead of repeating yourself, then stop asking me a question with your prejudiced attitude.

So, quit blabbering like "you have nothing except brute force". The legitimacy is something earned and preserved, it`s not something you get with wishes and biased opinions without a base in real life. Anyway, i have no intention to discuss any sort of legitimacy with you because it seems that you don't know anything about this at all
            I'm working off YOUR criteria Onur and Turkey fails when YOUR criteria is applied in at least three regions, but Eastern Thrace was the topic of discussion. The only thing you were left with was basically, 'come and take it if you can', which is brute force.

The only reason I need to repeat myself is because you keept insisting that Turkey has a legitimate claim to Eastern Thrace, but again, it fails the legitimacy test that YOU set.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Onur

I have no idea about your father but one thing i know is; For 100s of years, Vlachs (incl. Karakachans) was traveling between Salonika to Edirne, staying in one spot during summers and going to other side for winters to provide fresh grass for their flocks during 4 seasons.
              This is an interesting statement, I can confirm from my forefathers and current living elderly relatives that this has been practised by the Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia as well, in fact the village I come from was developed as a result of severe seasonal change during one of the seasonal periods when our people had travelled east from Voden to greener pastures during summer/autumn to find fresh pastures for their flocks, an unusually early and cold winter arrived and the Macedonians were forced to set up camp and endure the winter where they had travelled to. After the winter had passed the Macedonians realised it wasn't as severe as expected and decided to settle there! btw - there were no Greeks to be found anywhere at that time!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• cultea
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

makedonche,
                which are these villages of your forefathers?

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
                  makedonche,
                  which are these villages of your forefathers?
                  Cultea
                  My origins and those of my family are traced back to Dolno Kotori, prior to that Gorno Kotori, prior to that Voden. Those are the original names of the places that were established by my ancestors.
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• cultea
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2011

These villages are in Florina District, WEST of Edessa (Voden), not east. They were already recorded in Ottoman documents by 16th century.
                    Which is the area where no Greeks could be found?

Comment

• Dejan
                      • Sep 2008

The majority of the land labelled as Macedonia
                      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

These villages are in Florina District, WEST of Edessa (Voden), not east. They were already recorded in Ottoman documents by 16th century.
                        Cultea,
                        Dolno Kotori, Gorno Kotori, Voden are the three towns/villages where there were no Greeks, these places were established and occupied by Macedonians.

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          Cultea,
                          Dolno Kotori, Gorno Kotori, Voden are the three towns/villages where there were no Greeks, these places were established and occupied by Macedonians.
                          Absolutely correct Makedonche, seeing it was our forefathers in our family that established kotori
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
                            The majority of the land labelled as Macedonia
                            You see Dejan's answer cultea? That's the only answer you need to worry about.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                              Absolutely correct Makedonche, seeing it was our forefathers in our family that established kotori
                              And the Milankovtsi that ruled it with a velvet fist ;-)
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

RTG, seeing we are actually related, I would say it was a joint rule
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X