X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

The Dark Ages Reconsidered

A book I have recently read from Peter S. Wells which begs to differ on what are the "Dark Ages" and to whom these "Dark Ages" were "Dark". I will post much more when I have time. These are just a few select pages I found online.

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

An interesting introduction!
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

This term, "Dark Ages" has been invented by the eastern and western Roman people. These people were deeply in to the scholastic ideas, considered anything non-christian, non-Roman as an enemy, a potential threat. They created these myths to demonize the pre-christianity era of Germanic, Celtic, Nordic, Hunnic and all other non-Greco-Latin people.

I said Greco-Latin but actually they did same to the ancient Greeks first, shortly after they became christians. They demonized ancient Greek era, their paganism, science and everything about them. That was the primal reason of the total disappearance of ancient Greeks and their ideas in early medieval era. Then after the ancient Greeks became Romans, it was the turn of the new migrants from the east. The Huns, Goths and all other Eurasian people. First, they converted them to christianity, then it was a necessity for them to destroy everything related to their former lives, including their culture, habits, runic script and sometimes even their language. Thats why everything we have about Celts, Saxons, Huns are the findings of recent, post 20th century archeological researches. We had nothing about them b4, no document, not a single piece of runic writing, no accessories but all we had was just these myths, like Celtic druids, dark magician evil Huns, nordic mythology, the Odin and the beowulf with his runic blade.

But Romans wasn't able to erase everything. Ideologically, Europeans became Greco-Latinized but ethnically, most of the European population today are descendants of the "barbarians". My mothertongue, Turkish comes from the "barbarians" and now, we speak with the language of the Angles, English, this is a barbarian tongue again

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

This documentary is excellent for comprehending the so-called "dark ages";

Secrets of the Dark Ages Series
        Richard Rudgley presents a three part series that journeys to the heart of Europe's forgotten past, searching for evidence of the barbarians of the dark ages - The Huns, Vandals, Goths, Anglo Saxons and Vikings.

It is a journey that takes us all across Europe, from the cold northern seas off Scandinavia to the heart of the Great Hungarian plain. Three episodes include: History's Hells Angels, In a Time of Shadows and Out of the Darkness.

Discover the secrets of forgotten empires, and of mighty clashes throughout Europe, as hordes of migrants flooded into the Roman world across the Rhine, as Asiatic nomads swarmed over the Alps, as African Berber armies struck deep into Spain.

History's Hells Angels
        Richard Rudgley traces the legacies of the Huns, Vandals and Goths, looking at both the migrant tribes, and the pre-existing tribes, to ask whether the "dark ages" represent a resurfacing of much older tribal lines.

Sites in Austria show how sophisticated pre-Roman communities had become with evidence of stunning craftsmanship and sophisticated farming techniques which defy the image of a mindless rabble we have come to accept without challenge.

http://fileserve.com/file/u9MFAvH
        In a Time of Shadows
        It is the time when the Anglo-Saxons impose their culture and their authority on the Northern reaches of Europe. It is a time when we discover that the first Englishmen were, in fact, Germans.

These Northern people enjoyed a golden age unaffected by Rome and just 30 years after the Romans relinquished Britain, the "Anglo-Saxons" made their move. We look at the lasting influence of Saxon leaders like Alfred the Great, and his blue print for social justice.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/832216...dows.part5.rar
        Out of the Darkness
        The third assault on the tattered remains of Roman civilisation came from even further North, where the melting glacial ice had created immense sheltered fjords, leaving its inhabitants little choice but the sea.

Long before Nelson, these fearless navigators understood that dominion over the oceans was the key to their ambitions. Where the Romans expanded incrementally, the Vikings adopted a bolder, more aggressive approach.

http://fileserve.com/file/p7DwGhJ

Btw TrueMacedonian, if you have the PDF of this book of Peter S. Wells, please send it to me or post the link in "book recommendations" thread.
        Last edited by Onur; 05-26-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Onur View Post
          This term, "Dark Ages" has been invented by the eastern and western Roman people. These people were deeply in to the scholastic ideas, considered anything non-christian, non-Roman as an enemy, a potential threat. They created these myths to demonize the pre-christianity era of Germanic, Celtic, Nordic, Hunnic and all other non-Greco-Latin people.

I said Greco-Latin but actually they did same to the ancient Greeks first, shortly after they became christians. They demonized ancient Greek era, their paganism, science and everything about them. That was the primal reason of the total disappearance of ancient Greeks and their ideas in early medieval era. Then after the ancient Greeks became Romans, it was the turn of the new migrants from the east. The Huns, Goths and all other Eurasian people. First, they converted them to christianity, then it was a necessity for them to destroy everything related to their former lives, including their culture, habits, runic script and sometimes even their language. Thats why everything we have about Celts, Saxons, Huns are the findings of recent, post 20th century archeological researches. We had nothing about them b4, no document, not a single piece of runic writing, no accessories but all we had was just these myths, like Celtic druids, dark magician evil Huns, nordic mythology, the Odin and the beowulf with his runic blade.

But Romans wasn't able to erase everything. Ideologically, Europeans became Greco-Latinized but ethnically, most of the European population today are descendants of the "barbarians". My mothertongue, Turkish comes from the "barbarians" and now, we speak with the language of the Angles, English, this is a barbarian tongue again
          These sort of terminologies do no justice to history. This term "Dark Ages" misrepresents the actual cultural contribution the so-called 'Barbarians'.
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
          X