NATIONALISM AND THE MIDDLE AGES: The Myth of Creation of Slavic-Bulgarian Nation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Areianos
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Vlachs & Arvanites constitute perhaps 150,000 souls at most.

What do you know what their true ethnic origins are anyway, did you ask any of them?

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

gee so few what happened to all the others, disappeared into the hellenic fog. it seems like i know a little bit more than you about your own nation, better do some research its not too late. there is plenty of material out there.

Comment

• Areianos
        Banned
        • Sep 2008

Oh I see, you mean Eleytheria Arvanitaki is an Arvanite?

Go on, send her a letter and explain to her how the fascist Greek regime is truly oppressing her and how you will liberate her from Greek fascism.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Areianos View Post
          Vlachs & Arvanites constitute perhaps 150,000 souls at most.

What do you know what their true ethnic origins are anyway, did you ask any of them?
          It's not about their origins.

Who they were in the 18th and 19th century, were ethnic Vlachs and ethnic Albanians.

Refer to any anthropologist on these ethnic groups for some insights into their culture, and "lost" culture.

To suggest that somehow that are "Greeks" is just stupid. Modern Greeks are mixed, no doubt about that; but ... to actually suggest that a modern Greek who may well be part Vlach 'and' part Albanian, 'and' more recently part 'Macedonian' - to suggest that that person is a HISTORICAL GREEK by genus, is simply false. It's a lie. So the sooner modern Greeks come to terms with their diversity the better for everyone in the region.

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

Well the whole thing is simply a joke. What do you call the Greek children born and growing up in Australia? They were born there, they speak English and they hardly go you Greece? Are they Australians?
            Language has nothing to do with ethnicity, it's a weak argument.
            Just because your gov practiced every possible way to assimilate and bring upon the Macedonians the Greek language does not make them Greeks. Or the Macedonians in Pirin or the ones who were under Serbia.
            I am a Macedonian by blood, may parents are Macedonian, their parents and grandparent etc since the beginning of time. War happen and the winners write the history. Blood stays. If I have my children in England and they have their children in England they will still not be English? Get it?
            The Macedonians are part of the Slavic linguistic group, as the world is changing most probably in not such a long time we will all be speaking English, but we will not be English.
            You can quote me a zillion articles written by people who think they know who I am but I can beat that only because I know who I am, I carry that blood.
            Macedonians however have never in no way claimed purity unlike the Hellas, they are who they are.
            People mix, people move, migrations happen all the time, to present but wherever you go, whatever you do you take your blood with you. I take my Macedonian blood and you take your Turkish blood, simple.
            I am not bothered by the fact that you have come from Minor Asia but call yourself Greek, I actually couldn't care less, I come from Macedonia and call myself Macedonian and NO ONE can take that away from me.

Comment

• Makedonia
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Jankovska, if someone was born in todays Republic of Macedonia before its independence from Yugoslavia in the 199o's, what would their nationality be?
              Last edited by Makedonia; 09-06-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• toothpaste
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                I am a Macedonian by blood, may parents are Macedonian, their parents and grandparent etc since the beginning of time. War happen and the winners write the history. Blood stays.
                Hm...we have a pure person here..

Did u sent your blood sample to a lab and came back as "pure child of Alexander" ?

Coz as far as i know its impossible to find archives of your family before 18th century in the Balcans

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Yes I did- and?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonia View Post
                    Jankovska, if someone was born in todays Republic of Macedonia before its independence from Yugoslavia in the 199o's, what would their nationality be?
                    Oh yes, Jankovska is clearly a Yugoslavian.
                    She has pure Jugoslavian blood in her.
                    She spoke different languages in every State she visited and everything.
                    Just like her Grandparents had pure Turkish blood in them.

I think you have nationality confused with ethnicity. Whilst Jankovska's people may have been all of the above from a national perspective. Her ethnicity remained the same. We cannot say the same about the people who were unfortunate enough to end up in modern Greece.

Are you one of those idiots that ask "What passport did your parents come to Australia with?" Dumb, dumb statements that are boring me.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Jankovska
                      • Sep 2008

Oh come on Risto, I live in Yugoland so I was Yugoslavian, I am English now so when I move to Oz I look forward to become Australian.

Hm do you have to speak the language of the country with it's proper accent tho, coz if not I wonder what I am, hehehehe.

It doesn't count that my great grandfather was Macedonian and fought for Macedonia before Yugoslavia? Or that the Bulgarians killed my Gran's grandad? Nothing counts, I was a Jugoslavian and now I am English, yeah me

Oh the stupidity

Comment

• Makedonia
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Oh yes, Jankovska is clearly a Yugoslavian.
                        She has pure Jugoslavian blood in her.
                        She spoke different languages in every State she visited and everything.
                        Just like her Grandparents had pure Turkish blood in them.

I think you have nationality confused with ethnicity. Whilst Jankovska's people may have been all of the above from a national perspective. Her ethnicity remained the same. We cannot say the same about the people who were unfortunate enough to end up in modern Greece.

Are you one of those idiots that ask "What passport did your parents come to Australia with?" Dumb, dumb statements that are boring me.
                        Risto,
                        My question was addressed to Jankovska not to you.

I am sorry if my statements are boring you, but Jankovska is stimulating me with her intellect.

Your actions on the other hand are reminding me of Loobi from Macnews.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I thought you were more interested in her cooking skills.
                          You asked her a very stupid question and she was not around to bother replying.
                          Consider yourself very lucky I even bothered to enter into dialogue with you.

But anyway, can you tell any difference between ethnicity and nationality?
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonia
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            I thought you were more interested in her cooking skills.
                            You asked her a very stupid question and she was not around to bother replying.
                            Consider yourself very lucky I even bothered to enter into dialogue with you.

But anyway, can you tell any difference between ethnicity and nationality?
                            Your talking nonsense Risto, please behave.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Difference between ethnicity and nationality.
                              Answer it or be deleted.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonia
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2008

Here is an apt definition due to the Nazi attitude your displaying.

‘Can a Jew be regarded as a Greek?’
                                ‘No’, because the administrative act of bestowing Greek nationality does not change a person’s racial origin;
                                it is a legal act, not a racial or ethnic one’.

Comment

Working...
                                X