X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Greek Priest mentions Macedonians in 1925

Also found a recent article mentioning this same character using the same sentence found in the above pic:

The Rev Daniel Maravelis also received local coverage when he tried a different, albeit weaselly, approach: Many so-called Greeks in the North were not really from Greece at all. Certainly they spoke the Greek tongue, but Jugo Slavs, Albanians, Syrians and Macedonians, who had no language of their own, have been regarded, for the purposes of adverse criticism, as Greeks…. Mr Ferry’s strictures were not based on facts. The Greeks in the North were as hard-working and clean living as any migrants….
    I guess the weasel approach is still used by our southern neighbors today
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

that's good tm.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Nice find TM.

What a stupid assertion though, as if nobody had their own tongues except the Greeks, at least there is distinction between Macedonians and Greeks.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Good find T.M. Apart from the 'no language' part, the rest of it is a pretty good find. I like the point the author makes that the Albanian, Yugoslavs and Macedonians are 'regarded as Greeks' and that such an assumption is not based on the facts.

Comment

Working...
        X