• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giorikas
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
    Thats not true!!!

WW-1 happened in Ottoman soil and whole middle-east re-formed after the war. Western powers with Russia was the aggressors and they occupied whole middle-east, therefore Ottoman Empire had no other choice but allying with Germany. It wasn't something voluntarily done.
    Turkey chose Germany's side through a secret treaty on the second of August 1914 and then ordered a general mobilization the next day. In October Turkey shelled Russian ports using German ships with German crew but officially under neutral Turkish flag.

That is how all this happened. There is no need to play the victim. Of course there were already excellent relations with Germans, and they consequently played their part in the genocide on the Armenians.

Having said all that, I have no doubt that Turks fought bravely same time but that is not the point here. WW I on Turkish soil was not something that came out of nowhere.

Comment

• Giorikas
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
      I dont care, the Turks battled all alone, you guys joined the imperial forces to hurt us.

Turks always hurt Greeks in war thats a fact, you know why the Turkish army came to Cyprus? because you were hurting the Turkish Cypriots, we are not interested in a war with you guys, because you guys are just nothing but cowards.

Just ask yourself why Greece cant do shit to Macedonia, the Turkish army is waiting there if something is gonna happen.
      Well actually, in Cyprus, the Greek army did not play a significant role (as ordered by the major powers) so yeah, real impressive to beat a tiny Greek Cypriot 'army' after all those preparations.

Let us not forget the Turkish forces who declared war on the axis powers, I believe 1 day before WW 2 was ended.

Comment

• Ottoman
        Banned
        • Nov 2010

Turks risked their lives to save jews from the gas chambers.

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
          Well actually, in Cyprus, the Greek army did not play a significant role (as ordered by the major powers) so yeah, real impressive to beat a tiny Greek Cypriot 'army' after all those preparations.
          Sometimes i cant understand you Greeks. Are you either trying to twist the truth or you are just ignorant.

Giorikas, Colonel`s junta sent about 20.000 soldiers from Greece to Cyprus and add few 1000 EOKA terrorists to them. First thing they did was trying to assassinate Greek Cypriot PM Makarios and he managed to escape in the last minute but your fascist soldiers demolished the parliament and Makarios`s presidential building with tanks and rockets since that was the reason they came to Cyprus, to demolish the 1960`s united Cyprus with Greeks and Turks and that parliament building was it`s representation.

Then they started to hunt Greek Cypriots who were against the fascist coup d`etat. They killed 100s of Greeks and called them filthy communists. Then they lock down about 20.000 Turks in to the death camps and killed some of them.

All that wasn't significant to you?

Ofc their one week reign of terror ended when Turkish army came to the island cuz they couldn't dare to defy us and they escaped. So, we took %40 of the island in 48 hours and we could get whole of it at the next day but our soldiers gone there to protect our people, not to invade whole island unlike Greek colonels aimed for. Otherwise Turkey could easily get whole island in a day, who could have stop us if we would have wanted to?
          Last edited by Onur; 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

Sometimes i cant understand you Greeks
            Well, if they ever figure out what they are (chorba) maybe they can also begin to understand?
            http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Giorikas
              • Sep 2008

Sometimes i cant understand you Greeks. Are you either trying to twist the truth or you are just ignorant.

Giorikas, Colonel`s junta sent about 20.000 soldiers from Greece to Cyprus and add few 1000 EOKA terrorists to them. First thing they did was trying to assassinate Greek Cypriot PM Makarios and he managed to escape in the last minute but your fascist soldiers demolished the parliament and Makarios`s presidential building with tanks and rockets since that was the reason they came to Cyprus, to demolish the 1960`s united Cyprus with Greeks and Turks and that parliament building was it`s representation.

Then they started to hunt Greek Cypriots who were against the fascist coup d`etat. They killed 100s of Greeks and called them filthy communists. Then they lock down about 20.000 Turks in to the death camps and killed some of them.

All that wasn't significant to you?

Ofc their one week reign of terror ended when Turkish army came to the island cuz they couldn't dare to defy us and they escaped. So, we took %40 of the island in 48 hours and we could get whole of it at the next day but our soldiers gone there to protect our people, not to invade whole island unlike Greek colonels aimed for. Otherwise Turkey could easily get whole island in a day, who could have stop us if we would have wanted to?
              Onur, check your numbers. The number of Greek Cypriots combined with Greek regulars was by far inferior to the invading Turkish forces. This was not a war between Greece and Turkey otherwise things would have seriously escalated. The US would not let that happen. I believe that is obvious.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Obur i know for a fact that not many greek cypriots are happy with mainland greece.The fact is despite what they tried to do they weren't seen as genuine by the greek cypriots.Also mainland greece does not get zilch respect because it wan'ts to be at loggerheads with the cypriot greek government who don't want anything to do with them.
                Mainland greece want's total control etc of cyprus.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

I find it interesting when speaking to natives from Cyprus. They never identify solely as Greek, but as Greek-cypriot, and are generally sympathetic to the Macedonian cause.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Here is something interesting. Read the Table bellow, and then tell me,

Would the facts Re Hellenic Republic treatment towards the Macedonians,(During 1912-Today) meet any of the definition of Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide?

Definition of genocide

Article 2 of the Convention defines genocide as

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
                    (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
                    (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
                    (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
                    (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
                    — Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 2
                    Last edited by Bill77; 07-15-2011, 12:01 AM.
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Here is something interesting. Read the Table bellow, and then tell me,

Would the facts Re Hellenic Republic treatment towards the Macedonians,(During 1912-Today) meat any of the definition of Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide?

Definition of genocide
                      Bill77
                      All counts in the article/definition apply to Greece when it comes to the Macedonians!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                        Bill77
                        All counts in the article/definition apply to Greece when it comes to the Macedonians!
                        in that case, the US are signatories (so would Greece) to this convention, why is it not pushed for recognition of such acts against Macedonians, the same way Obama has recognised recently, the Ottoman empire's treatment of Armenian's which according to the current administration, meats the definition of article 2.

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

in that case, the US are signatories (so would Greece) to this convention, why is it not pushed for recognition of such acts against Macedonians, the same way Obama has recognised recently, the Ottoman empire's treatment of Armenian's which according to the current administration, meats the definition of article 2.
                          Bill77
                          Because wer'e too piss weak to stand up for ourselves!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                            Bill77
                            Because wer'e too piss weak to stand up for ourselves!
                            I am not sure if its that we are not capable to stand up for ourselves, i think its more got to do with interest. We are either to busy fantasising about becoming Europeans and dangerously forgetting our past, or giving away medals (UMD) to unwarranted US senators that can make noise (but don't) on our behalf just like certain members do on behalf of Greeks and Armenian's.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

I am not sure if its that we are not capable to stand up for ourselves, i think its more got to do with interest. We are either to busy fantasising about becoming Europeans and dangerously forgetting our past, or giving away medals (UMD) to unwarranted US senators that can make noise (but don't) on our behalf just like certain members do on behalf of Greeks and Armenian's.
                              Bill77
                              I think Pelister has the right take on this - restore national pride by removing the fyrom name, simply by going to the UN and telling them this is who we are full stop - wer'e not interested in what anyone else thinks! This would instill a sense of pride and being amongst our people and give them something to stand up for, unlike those who hand out awards to someone for supposedly helping us! We can do this on our own without help and without arselicking!

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Julie i find many greeks who are cypriots & who support the macedonians & understand us in our trouble with greece.They blame greece for the problems.I heard one cypriot say how funny it is the greeks think that the whole agean is there's but how come they only stepped in it after 1913 why wasn't it there's before.
                                Also the cypriots hate the mainland because they don't listen & are megalomaniacs.
                                Last edited by George S.; 07-15-2011, 02:15 AM. Reason: ed
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X