X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archaeologicum
    Banned
    • Jun 2011

Looks like a lovely place with a horrible history. Europe supports Greece to maintain its own ideal of Classicism. However, they know deep down that modern Greeks are merely greek-speaking Turks, Syrians, Albanians and Armenians

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Archaeologicum View Post
      Looks like a lovely place with a horrible history. Europe supports Greece to maintain its own ideal of Classicism. However, they know deep down that modern Greeks are merely greek-speaking Turks, Syrians, Albanians and Armenians
      I, thank you for your honesty and more likely then not your dedo was one of the Deca Begalci. Is, he still alive?
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Archaeologicum
        The names and glosses, etc recorded from the ancient sources. What's your view ?
        Those names and glosses were recorded by Greek and Latin writers, who often 'hellenised' or 'latinised' words so they can be more palatable to their readers. Furthermore, several of them are simply Greek words (either imported through colonialism and/or adopted as loans) rather than Macedonian words, and this is clearly highlighted through comparisons of phonological development. Have you ever bothered to conduct a comparison, or is this just another example of someone who has flicked through a book without bothering to investigate into further detail?
        Da mozis da velish cudno pisham, ama taka je. izvinite
        I'm suprised you didn't write 'tako je' mr 'makedonats'.
        It was Polynaeus.
        And who, aside from yourself, has suggested that he wrote in the ancient Macedonian language?
        My main interest is in ancient and medieval hsitory of our region, & trying to divorce it from B.S. as much as possible.
        Well, up until this point you have done more to attribute B.S to Macedonian history rather than the opposite. What sort of B.S are you making reference to with respect to ancient and medieval Macedonian history?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Archaeologicum
          Banned
          • Jun 2011

My BS is as follows: as far as I know, Toynbee argued that certain Paeonian words sounded Slavic ie the Doberes (a tribe), Bylazora -a city in Pelagonia (meaning - ? white forest), etc. The town Edessa is probably Hellenized form from vedi (phrygian for water; c.f. nashi - voda). The Macedonians -Argeads emerged from this mix of people, which was outside of Greece. I think we can allow for certain, later Greek influences during the period of Athenian-macedonian rivalry, then macedonian dominance of Greece. So what historians called Phrygian and Paeonian was merely an archaic stage of Macedonian

To be honest, no I have not analyzed the Macedonian glosses in great detail. My main forte is archaeology and ethnology, not linguistics, alas. So, admittedly, my knowledge is based on what I have read. The non-Greek writers eg Crossland, Woodward, Blazek argue that Ancient Macedonian was related to greek, but not properly part of it due to certain phonological differences. if you have other sources which highlight information which I do not have, then please, do inform me. it will only please me.

As far as middle Ages go, I negate the view that we (Slavs) came from Russia or Ukraine. Macedonians have always lived in Macedonia. If anything "Slavic" originated in macedonia and then spread to Russia and Poland thanks to Cyril i Metohija, not vice-versa. For, why would some barbarians from northern Europe introduce their langauge on Macedonia ?
          Last edited by Archaeologicum; 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Archaeologicum
            Banned
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
            I, thank you for your honesty and more likely then not your dedo was one of the Deca Begalci. Is, he still alive?
            My dad's father died before I was born, when my dad was 20. My mum's father died when I was 14, so I knew him well. Yes, I think he was from Florina, then moved to Prespa. His wife was from a Macedonian village in Albania

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
              • Aug 2010

My dad's father died before I was born, when my dad was 20. My mum's father died when I was 14, so I knew him well. Yes, I think he was from Florina, then moved to Prespa. His wife was from a Macedonian village in Albania
              You, know what stands out to me? Someone, has made you believe you're Greek somehow. Who, was that and why? People, born in Bitola don't call it Florina unless ..

Something, just doesn't add up unless you're making stuff up as you go along this ancient journey? Maybe, you need to drop the ancient history and read (focus) on the most modern. Please, update your sources ie. Lerin, Makedonia

ADVICE

Never, tell an Aegean Macedonian from Lerin they're from "Florina" or you might not see 31
              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-08-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Archaeologicum
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                You, know what stands out to me? Someone, has made you believe you're Greek somehow. Who, was that and why? People, born in Bitola don't call it Florina unless ..

Something, just doesn't add up unless you're making stuff up as you go along this ancient journey? Maybe, you need to drop the ancient history and read the most modern and update some of your sources.
                Well, Greek is alien to me, all my grandparents are Macedonian, etc. I might be a little out of touch with propper "naming conventions", but I I'm pretty darn sure that im not Greek, and I certainly don;t look Greek.

I just spoke to my mother, my grandad was actually born in Koinsko (a tiny village by on Prespansko Ezero).

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Well, Greek is alien to me, all my grandparents are Macedonian, etc. I might be a little out of touch with propper "naming conventions", but I I'm pretty darn sure that im not Greek, and I certainly don;t look Greek.

I just spoke to my mother, my grandad was actually born in Koinsko (a tiny village by on Prespansko Ezero).
                  You, must understand why we must ask so many question here, we get alot of prosfygas and gypsies on Macedonian forums who think they're Macedonians when in fact they're christian Turks - DP's, misplaced, unwanted and unloved.
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-08-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

The non-Greek writers eg Crossland, Woodward, Blazek argue that Ancient Macedonian was related to greek, but not properly part of it due to certain phonological differences.
                    It is a weak argument that relies more on presumption than substance. For a start, the phonological difference is a key indicator which demonstrates that ancient Macedonian followed the same path of development as the rest of the Paleo-Balkan languages such as Thracian, Illyrian, etc. This is in complete contrast to all ancient Greek dialects.
                    if you have other sources which highlight information which I do not have, then please, do inform me. it will only please me.
                    Check the below link for some discussions on the topic, but refrain from posting there unless you have something of value to add, as it is not meant for general chatter and I don't wish for it to be steered off-topic like certain other threads.

The purpose of this thread will be to explore the possibility of a common linguistic branch that split from Proto Indo-European around the time of the satem sound change, which came after the commencement of the centum sound change. This branch would include the (Paleo-)Balkan and Balto-Slavic language families, and for the

As far as middle Ages go, I negate the view that we (Slavs) came from Russia or Ukraine.
                    The term 'Slavs' comes with a lot of ambiguity, so you need to be more specific with its application, because in its true context it refers to a linguistic group and not 'we' as an ethnic group. Have a read of the content in the link I just posted so you can acquaint yourself a little more with the origin and development of today's Slavic languages.
                    If anything "Slavic" originated in macedonia and then spread to Russia and Poland thanks to Cyril i Metohija, not vice-versa.
                    That is simplistic and incorrect. How do you figure?
                    For, why would some barbarians from northern Europe introduce their langauge on Macedonia ?
                    There may be several reasons. But first you need to explore the likelihood of pre-existing commonalities between Paleo-Balkan and Balto-Slavic langauges, to understand why the Slavic languages in the Balkans prevailed where they did.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

People, lets stick to the topic. I would like to see what knowledge Arch has to share. Arch are you an archeologist professionally?
                      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Archaeologicum
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2011

I know. I met one chap at a concert in Sydney, who proceeded to tell me that he was "Macedonian". This guy was as black as an aboriginal. I was diplomatic about it, but he even joked "i must be a gypsy or something"

Comment

• Archaeologicum
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                          People, lets stick to the topic. I would like to see what knowledge Arch has to share. Arch are you an archeologist professionally?
                          No. Im a surgeon. But I 've been reading a lot of material for several years now. Started about Slavs, but then got hooked into Ancient stuff. What do you want to know exactly ? I can't write an essay for you - didn;t you read my opening sentence ?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Archaeologicum, are you a racist who likes stereotyping people based on their skin colour?

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

arch you say yo are a surgeon.What branch of medicine you practice.
                              Last edited by George S.; 06-08-2011, 01:49 AM.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                                arch you say yo are a surgeon.What branch of medicine you practice.
                                Olive branch ..

No you fucking ass-bandit. I'm using my work PC. Check my posts from last night- they were from my personal PC. Nothing to hide
                                You're one queer fellow.
                                LOL. You might be gay, but at least your funny. Gotta give you that
                                I know. I met one chap at a concert in Sydney, who proceeded to tell me that he was "Macedonian". This guy was as black as an aboriginal. I was diplomatic about it, but he even joked "i must be a gypsy or something"

Comment

Working...
                                X