X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archaeologicum
    Banned
    • Jun 2011

Well, thanks to some who have nice things to say. Yeah, of course it's bloody busy. I;m still not finished, I'm still specializing. I've been a doctor for 5 years now. An endless road. I've just got a bit more time up my sleeve this year coz its my 'research year', so less hours slaving away in hospital

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Archaeologicum, when people see your last name and say "oh, you're athenian" what do you say to them?
      Originally posted by Archaeologicum View Post
      I'm still specializing.
      Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM.
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• rosetta
        Banned
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
        Ακριβώς, γιατί ένα άτομο μπορεί να γράψει σε μια γλώσσα που δεν σημαίνει τίποτα όσον αφορά την εθνικότητα.
        Originally posted by George S. View Post
        Rosetta you automatically assume that if someone speaks greek then they must be greek.
        Not exactly, but this wasn't the point of my post. Your distinction about "good favourable contemporary Macedonian" authors and "late evil Greek" ones, is baseless. Here's a good and easy read. Look specifically at the diagram.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
          • Aug 2010

Would it shock you if I told you Alexanders soldiers did not have any formal education; therefore, spoke something unknown to the Athenians? Greek, night schools began around 1913 and by that time most of the soldiers were receiving old age pensions (see greek fraud)

Comment

• rosetta
            Banned
            • May 2011

Why don’t you shorten your signature? It’s bigger than your actual posts, that’s very distracting.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by rosetta View Post
              Why don’t you shorten your signature? It’s bigger than your actual posts, that’s very distracting.
              I'm against racists in Canada and silence is never an option. Did, you call to complain about that Vlach?

Comment

• Archaeologicum
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                Archaeologicum, when people see your last name and say "oh, you're athenian" what do you say to them?
                You love going on tangents. You don't know my last name, its not Athenian, nor does it matter what it is

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Rosetta you have no idea what you are talking about i'm talking about so called greek sources writing stuff hundreds of years after the event are less accurate than ones present on alexanders trips.Even then greeks writing about macedonians would not be really favourable because the greeks hated the macedonians.They resented macedonian rule.MK is right the ordinary macedonian did not speak greek the han o need the spoke macedonian.Whilst that's the case the royal house did speak greek but their mother tounge was macedonian.They had no need for greek at all only for commerce.The rest of their time they ONLY spoke macedonian as it was their mother tounge.So rosetta there is a clear distictintiion between what is macedonian & what is greek.The greeks like to say that macedonians are related & show myths(lies ) about greeks & macedonians & they say that if they spoke greek they must be greek.Anyway it doesn't matter you are not greek you are a VLACH as mk pointed out.
                  Last edited by George S.; 06-08-2011, 09:08 PM. Reason: edit
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

I agree with you here. And I do think, as i indicated above, that there was, what we might call a pre-Slavonic linguistic continuum right accross eastern Europe, from the Baltic to the Balkans.
                    Really, then that would include both Illyrians and Thracians. Did you travel back in time to confirm that, as per your stupid suggestion on the other thread? Why are you contradicting yourself now? Are you finding it hard to keep your charade consistent? I wonder how much longer before you reveal more.
                    But I do not think its racist to make a judgement that some cannot be macedonian if they're black.
                    You sound like a stormfront trooper. I doubt the individual you spoke to was 'black'. I have met some Macedonians who have darker skin to due inter-racial mixtures from centuries ago, no big deal, they can't all be pure-blooded and green-eyed 'Aryans' like yourself.

By the way, this baloney about you being a surgeon only adds to the unfolding comedy. Keep it up.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Archaeologicum
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Really, then that would include both Illyrians and Thracians. Did you travel back in time to confirm that, as per your stupid suggestion on the other thread? Why are you contradicting yourself now? Are you finding it hard to keep your charade consistent? I wonder how much longer before you reveal more.

You sound like a stormfront trooper. I doubt the individual you spoke to was 'black'. I have met some Macedonians who have darker skin to due inter-racial mixtures from centuries ago, no big deal, they can't all be pure-blooded and green-eyed 'Aryans' like yourself.

By the way, this baloney about you being a surgeon only adds to the unfolding comedy. Keep it up.
                      There is no charade here, merely your inability to hold a civilized academic discussion with a fellow enthusiast (& countryman) . You seem to take personal exception to what I aimed to be an instructive and informative discussion on language.

What I stated was that there is no proof that Illyrian and Thracian were mutually intelligible. That's a very strong statement which, quite simply, lacks any serious proof. If I raise this issue, it is for the prupose of discussion and mutual benefit. I have not insulted your mother . So dont get all high and mighty and start thumping your chest. I have actually followed this forum previously, and the way you sometimes dismiss and buly contributors raises an issue; this is quite unbecoming. Did you give yourself the rank of "reputation beyond repute" ? ?

On the other hand, we have relatively more information on Thracian, by way of glosses and inscriptions, which does find some valid support from linguists (Trubacheev, Duridanov) that there seem to be distinct affinities with Baltic and Slavic (esp the former). This does have some evidence, and suggesting that there might have been an underlying similarity of Thracian and Balto-Slavic over -and-above common I-E (which in turn might have helped accomodate linguistic convergence in the 6th century, or what have you) is something radically different to 'mutual intelligibility".

And lastly, I don;t care whether you believe me or not. I won't lose any sleep on it. I might have green eyes, by you are "green-eyed", by the sounds of it

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by "Archaeologicum
                        I have actually followed this forum previously........
                        I wouldn't doubt that for a second. You've probably also been a former member that has been banned, but of course, let's give this charade of yours some more time to develop into an inevitable fiasco.
                        ........the way you sometimes dismiss and buly contributors raises an issue; this is quite unbecoming.
                        Refer me to an example of where I have bullied people here. I will not stand for this pathetic attempt at a smear campaign by some poser who pretends to be my fellow 'countryman'.
                        Did you give yourself the rank of "reputation beyond repute" ? ?
                        No, I didn't. Does it bother you that others don't share your deluded opinions?
                        What I stated was that there is no proof that Illyrian and Thracian were mutually intelligible.
                        What evidence do you have to conclusively argue otherwise? Both Thracian and Illyrian share some key words only with Balto-Slavic languages, and while I understand that there is a lack of Illyrian texts, if all other factors were considered, then the chances of it being mutually intelligible with Thracian is probable - at least to a considerable degree. One could argue that Macedonian and Croatian are mutually intelligible to a considerable degree - but at the same time if I were to listen to Croatians speak in their vernacular I would probably be able to understand only 50%, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. That doesn't even include the added factor of dialectal differences within the languages. Does that mean that Macedonian and Croatian aren't from the same mother-tongue? I don't expect anybody to agree with 'solid' conclusions without 'solid' evidence, but I also appreciate it when logic is applied to at least reach some sort of a tentative conclusion based on what we do have.
                        And lastly, I don;t care whether you believe me or not. I won't lose any sleep on it.
                        Your emotions are the least of my concerns, so I agree, you shouldn't lose sleep on my account.
                        I might have green eyes, by you are "green-eyed", by the sounds of it
                        Lol, yeah, that's right, I am 'green-eyed' jealous of a racist poser who pretends to be a Macedonian surgeon. Give me a break. Get some sleep you clown, you need it.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Archaeologicum
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2011

OK, yep. I'm not really a Macedonian and I lied that I'm a doctor. I'm here to undermine your brave and noble efforts Mr "Soldier" man. Sounds like your the one who need some sleep, with your classic signs of paranoia. And its daylight here, fool

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Is that going to be your swan song? Anybody who goes to the trouble that you have to pretend to be something they're not is pathetic. What did you do, take some notes about Macedonian villages and words, scribble them down on your 'surgeons' pad and create a figment of your imagination? You're pathetic.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Archaeologicum, people don't just fall from the sky and say "hey, this looks like a good place for me" and most have posted on other forums. Much, of your writings are arguments we've heard from anti Macedonians who use alias names after they've been banned 20 times. You, seem to know SOM from the past so what other bogus names have you used on forums.

Dr. Spock, Goats Inc.

I'm here to undermine your brave and noble efforts Mr "Soldier" man.
                              WOW, what a tough malaka you are Marry Poppinopoulos - Fuck off idiot
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-08-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Archaeologicum
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2011

Is that going to be your swan song? Anybody who goes to the trouble that you have to pretend to be something they're not is pathetic. What did you do, take some notes about Macedonian villages and words, scribble them down on your 'surgeons' pad and create a figment of your imagination? You're pathetic.
                                Ok you fucking pussy. Ill be in Macedonia this July. Come meet me and I;ll show who the real Macedonian is !

Comment

Working...
                                X