The Greek "province" of Macedonia, fact or fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Bill, you think i would care if you came up to me and told me your a macedonian ?
    A racist would have a fit...id probably buy you a drink.

you get over it...
    Yeh that drink would be spiked. I know how you two faced racists work. And you do have a problem otherwise you would not be here. As SOM said, go to Natzi Greek sites and tell them you don't have a problem with calling Macedonians Macedonians.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

He won't do it though, for some apparent obvious reason that is obvious to himself only.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Alpha
        Banned
        • Jan 2010

You know what SOM ? On one hand you get furious for ppl to deny your ethnicity...then you go around and preach the EXACT same rhetoric greek nationalists do.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Show me where I have done it?

And answer my previous questions about the not so obvious "obvious" reason and your qudra-lingual nation.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

You know what SOM ? On one hand you get furious for ppl to deny your ethnicity...then you go around and preach the EXACT same rhetoric greek nationalists do.
            Hey we always call you people Greek regardless if historical and scientific evidance prooves you are anything but, But your people have problems calling us Macedonians.

Comment

• Alpha
              Banned
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              Hey we always call you people Greek regardless if historical and scientific evidance prooves you are anything but, But your people have problems calling us Macedonians.
              Pls spare me your psuedo science. My God that has been done to death and laughed out of every balkan forum I have ever participated in. Let me give you a piece of advise...NOBODY is pure in the balkans.

Comment

• Alpha
                Banned
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Show me where I have done it?

And answer my previous questions about the not so obvious "obvious" reason and your qudra-lingual nation.
                Im not going to provoke some nationalists in another forum to prove myself. Thats just stupid.

Comment

• Alpha
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2010

Yes I do, because that is a lie. It is like saying the Greeks are a qudra-lingual group who speak Macedonian, Greek, Albanian and Vlach. Do you have a problem with that?
                  Im not sure i understood the analogy...We are not a quadra lingual nation, but there are greeks that have lived in northern epirus (Albania) for the longest time and speak both albanian and greek. Same applies in macedonia.
                  You are not an exclusive item in the region, it would be arrogant to think so.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Pls spare me your psuedo science. My God that has been done to death and laughed out of every balkan forum I have ever participated in. Let me give you a piece of advise...NOBODY is pure in the balkans.
                    You avoided my main point. We call you Greeks regardless where your ancestors came from. Yet your people can't call us macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Im not going to provoke some nationalists in another forum to prove myself. Thats just stupid.
                      You are talking about your own people, fellow Greeks, are you not? Is there not one non-nationalistic or at least one normal Greek forum that you can refer us to where you have defended the Macedonian people and Macedonian identity? Or were you lying about your great 'deed' before?
                      We are not a quadra lingual nation, but there are greeks that have lived in northern epirus (Albania) for the longest time and speak both albanian and greek.
                      There are no people who reside in the territory now known as Greece, that speak Macedonian, Vlach and Albanian? Why are you having difficulties with that analogy, having trouble shaking off what you were programmed to believe as a child? Find it impossible to accept that there are people today who identify as Greeks yet speak a non-Greek language among family and friends?

Don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do you? Your suggestion of Macedonians being bi-lingual is garbage. The Macedonian people have one language, and that is the Macedonian language. Other tongues have been acquired through education or the church, and in most cases, it has been under duress. Even the so-called "staunch" Grkomani in Australia speak Macedonian at home, and can't even speak Greek! I guess once they left the asylum that is Greece, there was no need for them to speak this second tongue, yet they still speak Macedonian, and call it that too, funny that, don't you think?
                      You are not an exclusive item in the region, it would be arrogant to think so.
                      Never said we were, but just as Greece is the nation-state of Greeks, so too is Macedonia the nation-state of the Macedonians. You want to know the big difference? We recognize all of our minorities, every single one of them. Can you say the same? Oh, that's right, soon something big is happening, I will take your word for it, lol....

Comment

• Alpha
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2010

Well the reason is due to blowback from the civil war. There is still a lot of bad memories and since the balkans has always been a flashpoint for conflict I hardly see it surprising.
                        What I can tell you is that Greece and Greek ppl have certainly mellowed out in comparison to the current policies initiated in ROM. Currently you are where we were in the 90's.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

My God that has been done to death and laughed out of every balkan forum I have ever participated in. Let me give you a piece of advise...NOBODY is pure in the balkans.
                          And it is still done in Greece, a country, not an internet forum, my god, why aren't you on the Greek forums educating your own people?

You know what, I am now beginning to remember your chicagoan user id, and your arguments, which are exactly the same. You come here preaching the 'good' word yet you won't show us evidence of where you have preached to your own kind because of some reason that is "obvious" only to yourself. Don't you ever get tired of this? I can tell you that I am getting tired of your merry-go-round.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

What I can tell you is that Greece and Greek ppl have certainly mellowed out in comparison to the current policies initiated in ROM. Currently you are where we were in the 90's.
                            You are lying, and I am quickly getting sick of it. Show us evidence of your assertions or stop pushing this garbage.

Can you show me ONE Greek forum that demonstrates the "mellowing" out of Greeks towards Macedonians, where they accept the Macedonian people and Macedonian identity?

Come on, show just ONE - Can you do it?

Comment

• Alpha
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2010

You are talking about your own people, fellow Greeks, are you not? Is there not one non-nationalistic or at least one normal Greek forum that you can refer us to where you have defended the Macedonian people and Macedonian identity? Or were you lying about your great 'deed' before?

There are no people who reside in the territory now known as Greece, that speak Macedonian, Vlach and Albanian? Why are you having difficulties with that analogy, having trouble shaking off what you were programmed to believe as a child? Find it impossible to accept that there are people today who identify as Greeks yet speak a non-Greek language among family and friends?

Don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do you? Your suggestion of Macedonians being bi-lingual is garbage. The Macedonian people have one language, and that is the Macedonian language. Other tongues have been acquired through education or the church, and in most cases, it has been under duress. Even the so-called "staunch" Grkomani in Australia speak Macedonian at home, and can't even speak Greek! I guess once they left the asylum that is Greece, there was no need for them to speak this second tongue, yet they still speak Macedonian, and call it that too, funny that, don't you think?

Never said we were, but just as Greece is the nation-state of Greeks, so too is Macedonia the nation-state of the Macedonians. You want to know the big difference? We recognize all of our minorities, every single one of them. Can you say the same? Oh, that's right, soon something big is happening, I will take your word for it, lol....
                              SOM the problem is that the word " macedonia " has meanings that reach to the time of antiquity. So where do we start ? Do we start with the macedonia of the middle age period ? Do we start with the macedonia of antiquity ? Do we start with macedonia of the 90's ?

I remember on tv seeing macedoinans in ROM pelting govt buildings because of some rights given to albos at the time. I think it was forced upon you and not something that you did out of goodwill. We all have to work on human rights...unfortuantly for Greece those are directly tied with Turkish relations.

Comment

• Alpha
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2010

You are lying, and I am quickly getting sick of it. Show us evidence of your assertions or stop pushing this garbage.

Can you show me ONE Greek forum that demonstrates the "mellowing" out of Greeks towards Macedonians, where they accept the Macedonian people and Macedonian identity?

Come on, show just ONE - Can you do it?
                                Tell you what. Next time you visit macedonia pls make a brief stop in thessaloniki. Mention where your from in a cafeteria or taverna. Then let me know how much of racists we really are.

Comment

Working...
                                X