The Greek colonization of Macedonia since 1913!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
    No, you haven’t. Neither have I.

It was certainly NOT out of context.............

For you, every Greek is a combination of racism and stupidity, so it doesn’t really matter.
    It certainly was out of context, just like your statement that I find "ethnic" Macedonians generally insulting, when I only do so in specific cases where it is out of context. By the way, understand this clearly, you simpleton, I do not hate Greeks as a rule, some of my closest friends are Greek and I do not see them in the same way I see you (as a racist clown that pretends to be dumber than he is). You see, I don't think you are as stupid as you pretend to be, you have a sense of logic, but you're trying too hard to be stupid.

I have already told you, apply the same standards to your own people as you do mine. You won't be told again. So you can either move on with the discussions or I can move you out of here permanently, should your only objective be to whinge and pollute threads with your dispicable garbage.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• thessalo-niki
      Banned
      • Jun 2010

Schools, Teachers, Students in 1912 Macedonia (French Census)

I understand that refers to Christian schools only, a little before liberation. Were your ancestors attending Greek or Bulgarian schools?

Comment

• MacoLionHeartSun
        • Jun 2010

[Schools, Teachers, Students in 1912 Macedonia (French Census)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that refers to Christian schools only, a little before liberation. Were your ancestors attending Greek or Bulgarian schools?

You may have point.. to sum invalid degree, but the information your putting forward would be in the best interest of the Hellarse nation to validate there claim to Macedonia, as always the countries with conflicting information are always presented by the nations that refuse to accept ROM, so please stop with your Hellarse propaganda, & present information that will benefit the forum members in light of the truth, try asking your Turkish ancestors in putting forward the information that will support the Macedonian truth.

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

[QUOTE=thessalo-niki;68564]I understand that refers to Christian schools only, a little before liberation. Were your ancestors attending Greek or Bulgarian schools?

Do you think these schools was doing education in today`s Bulgarian language? I am not sure about it but i don't think so. What do you think?

Comment

• thessalo-niki
            Banned
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by MacoLionHeartSun View Post
            You may have point.. to sum invalid degree, but the information your putting forward would be in the best interest of the Hellarse nation to validate there claim to Macedonia, as always the countries with conflicting information are always presented by the nations that refuse to accept ROM, so please stop with your Hellarse propaganda, & present information that will benefit the forum members in light of the truth, try asking your Turkish ancestors in putting forward the information that will support the Macedonian truth.
            It is relevant with the previous posts in this thread, that speculate on the demographics of Macedonia. This is from 1912 and the proportions of Greek, Bulgarian, Serbs and Romanian (Vlach) students per Kaza is very interesting. E.g. in the areas of Kavadar (Kavadarci), Raslik (which is that?) and Kicevo there is no Greek population at all.
            In the areas where my grandmothers lived and went to school (except from Thessaloniki, around 1910 or before): Kavalla (Kavala), Kozana (Kozani), Pravi (the area at west of Kavala, around Eleftheroupoli/ Pravi) unlike what all the forum users often claimed, there were only Greek schools

Originally posted by Onur View Post
            Do you think these schools was doing education in today`s Bulgarian language? I am not sure about it but i don't think so. What do you think?
            Same as today, by 1910s Greek and Bulgarian states already existed. While schools in Macedonia were (partly) controlled by Ottoman authorities, it is certain that most of the educational material would come from Greece and Bulgaria. I could find some information about Bulgarian education after 1880s, but not the Bulgarian abecedar.
            Last edited by thessalo-niki; 08-30-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• sf.
              • Jan 2010

It is relevant with the previous posts in this thread, that speculate on the demographics of Macedonia. This is from 1912 and the proportions of Greek, Bulgarian, Serbs and Romanian (Vlach) students per Kaza is very interesting. E.g. in the areas of Kavadar (Kavadarci), Raslik (which is that?) and Kicevo there is no Greek population at all.
              In the areas where my grandmothers lived and went to school (except from Thessaloniki, around 1910 or before): Kavalla (Kavala), Kozana (Kozani), Pravi (the area at west of Kavala, around Eleftheroupoli/ Pravi) unlike what all the forum users often claimed there were only Greek schools
              Interesting. Let's examine your logic. A Greek student cannot mean a student in a Greek school, only exclusively a student of Greek ethnicity. No Greek schools in Kicevo meant that there were no Greeks in Kicevo. If we extend this, since there were no Macedonian schools anywhere in Macedonia, there were no Macedonians in Macedonia. They were either Greeks, Vlachs, Bulgarians or Serbs.

You're still persisting with your games.

Question: Tell me, how many Bulgarian and Vlach schools existed in the Greek-annexed territories of Macedonia after the Balkan Wars, and for how long did they exist, if at all?
              Last edited by sf.; 08-30-2010, 01:15 AM. Reason: Additional question.
              Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                Banned
                • Jun 2010

Earlier statistics (1895)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rJXbdBUjmo...sus%5B1%5D.jpg
                Comparison with some earlier statistics:
                1895 [Bulgarian and Greek sources]:
                Bulgarian (429 schools, 644 teachers, 20092 students)
                Greek (907 schools, 1245 teachers, 53633 students)

1912 [French source]
                Bulgarian (561 schools, 873 teachers, 18311 students)
                Greek (998 schools, 1463 teachers, 59640 students)

If these numbers are accurate, education had generally broadened, but for Bulgarians I see more schools and fewer students. The proportion for students in Greek/Bulgarian schools was 2,7:1 (in 1895) and 3,3:1 (in 1912). This is usually described as a result of the Greek awakening and the Macedonian struggle.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

This is usually described as a result of the Greek awakening and the Macedonian struggle.
                  Please define the "Greek Awakening" for us.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by sf. View Post
                    Interesting. Let's examine your logic. A Greek student cannot mean a student in a Greek school, only exclusively a student of Greek ethnicity.
                    No, Greek student means student of Greek school, (who has a Greek education and thus speaks and writes in Greek).
                    No Greek schools in Kicevo meant that there were no Greeks in Kicevo.
                    Yes, that is fully correct.
                    If we extend this, since there were no Macedonian schools anywhere in Macedonia, there were no Macedonians in Macedonia. They were either Greeks, Vlachs, Bulgarians or Serbs.
                    That's what you say. For me, all the schools (and the people) were Macedonian. Around 1900, a Greek priest of a village was asked if the people of his village were Greeks or Bulgarians. He said "Two years ago they were Greeks. Now they are all Bulgarians".

Comment

• sf.
                      • Jan 2010

games.....
                      Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

Thessalo-diki since you're in a playful mood let's play a bit. Seeing as the bumper sticker on your yaya's mule wagon says "Macedonia is Greek for 4,000,000,000,000 years" let's examine what some of your kind has stated about Macedonia;

I am one of the last Greeks who regard [Macedonia] with the Byzantine memory and with the hope that it could become Greek.
                        Ion Dragoumis, Martyrs' and Heroes' Blood

If Greece exists today as a homogenous ethnos, she owes this to the Asia Minor Catastrophe. If the Hundreds of Thousands of refugees had not come to Greece, Greek Macedonia would not exist today. The refugees created the national homogenity of our country.
                        Augustinos Kandiotis, Metropolite of Florina (Lerin)

When the great war comes, Macedonia will become Greek or Bulgarian depending on who wins. If the Bulgarians prevail, I have no doubt that they can turn into Slavs the whole population up to the borders of Thessaly.If we prevail, we will render everyone Greek up to the depths of Eastern Rumelia.
                        Charliaos Tripkoupis, Prime Minister
                        Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 09-03-2010, 10:28 AM.
                        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

The turkish archivesshould be bursting at the seams with information of instances of forced assimilation,raping,beating,jailing,murdering.If such documents exist then macedonia should obtain them it would be very handy to have for the macedonian cause.
                          Last edited by George S.; 01-01-2011, 04:06 AM. Reason: edit
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

So human beings should be destined to remain where they are forever ? I have a hard time understanding the logic behind this. When shall we start ? From 1913 ? From 7th century AD ? From the Roman Rule ? From Ancient Macedonia ? Do you not understand that the only reason this happened is because we Greeks as well lost our ancestral home in Asia Minor, Pontus, Cappodociea ?

We fought to get ours back, we lost. You fought to solidify yours, you lost. When is it over ?

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

As long as your government denies the existence of a Macedonian language, culture, history, and identity then this will never end.
                              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Voltron
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2011

On the flip side talk about occupation and minorities dont help much either.

Comment

Working...
                                X