X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    You have got to be kidding. Reread what you just posted, espescially about the Ottoman language.
    In case you forgot, Agamoi posted evidence of this mixed up Greek you claimed was existing.
    I'm not sure if that even deserves a response. Isn't it so much like the New Greek to play with terms, distort names and generally lie about things to advance their own mythical heritage? What I posted was that 'Greek' was a mixed, largely Turkish language with other elements to it. In fact it would be empirically unsound to even call it 'Greek'. The Turkish language on the other hand was distinctively solid. In your own narrow fashion you have confused Turkish with 'Ottoman' because it is common knowledge that during certain times the 'Ottomans' used Arabic as their official written language. You have confused the two or seen only what you want to see.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Voltron

Lastly, what I said to Makedoche was regarding some claim that in Mainland Greece, Greek was unintellegible to Greeks.
      Can you clarify for me what you deem to be "Mainland Greece", present and past - say 200 years ago, so that we can both be on the same page, so to speak.
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
        I'm not sure if that even deserves a response. Isn't it so much like the New Greek to play with terms, distort names and generally lie about things to advance their own mythical heritage? What I posted was that 'Greek' was a mixed, largely Turkish language with other elements to it. In fact it would be empirically unsound to even call it 'Greek'. The Turkish language on the other hand was distinctively solid. In your own narrow fashion you have confused Turkish with 'Ottoman' because it is common knowledge that during certain times the 'Ottomans' used Arabic as their official written language. You have confused the two or seen only what you want to see.
        Play with terms ? I mentioned "Ottoman" to distinguish its Arabic writing from the Turkish one today.

Other articles where Ottoman Turkish language is discussed: Turkish language: …Turkish is the descendant of Ottoman Turkish and its predecessor, so-called Old Anatolian Turkish, which was introduced into Anatolia by the Seljuq Turks in the late 11th century ce. Old Turkish gradually absorbed a great many Arabic and Persian words and even grammatical forms and was written in Arabic script.…

Post me some "mixed" Greek Pelister. Since you know so much of the subject it shouldnt be hard for you to find me something. Enlighten me. If Greek was strictly Turkish in nature and completely compromised as you claim I would not have been able to understand any of it. Its obvious you dont know what your talking about. If your so interested in Greek, learn it first then comment on it.

Byzantine Greek language, an archaic style of Greek that served as the language of administration and of most writing during the period of the Byzantine, or Eastern Roman, Empire until the fall of Constantinople to the Turks in 1453. During the Byzantine period the spoken language continued to
        Last edited by Voltron; 02-14-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          Can you clarify for me what you deem to be "Mainland Greece", present and past - say 200 years ago, so that we can both be on the same page, so to speak.
          How about you tell me, Il take it from there.

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Post me some "mixed" Greek Pelister. Since you know so much of the subject it shouldnt be hard for you to find me something. Enlighten me. If Greek was strictly Turkish in nature and completely compromised as you claim I would not have been able to understand any of it.

Are you braindead or you try to tease with us? You asked same question to me and i posted a proof 3-4 days ago from a book written in 1910. Then you even thanked me for that;

Originally posted by Onur View Post

This is a list for analyzing Turkish influence in the language from sample folk tales.

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

How about you tell me, Il take it from there.
              Voltron
              You should enter dancing competitions, seriously the way you dance around answering quesions is befitting the international ballroom titles!
              How is it that you expect me to clarify what you think? This must be one of those Greek explanations that frequently appear when the truth is unpalletable!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Voltron
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                Voltron
                You should enter dancing competitions, seriously the way you dance around answering quesions is befitting the international ballroom titles!
                How is it that you expect me to clarify what you think? This must be one of those Greek explanations that frequently appear when the truth is unpalletable!
                What do you not understand when I say Mainland Greece Makedonche ? Do you want an EthnoKarta or something ? Its on another thread, would you even believe the ones I would post ? Thats why I asked you to tell me since you know everything.

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Are you braindead or you try to tease with us? You asked same question to me and i posted a proof 3-4 days ago from a book written in 1910. Then you even thanked me for that;
                  Yes Onur, I remember that. You dont have to fight his battles for him.
                  The example you posted was an extreme one as well. If you had to post a reference to Greeks that were isolated in the middle of Anatolia to try to prove a point then what can I say. Yet even in this extreme case, I was still able to read it.

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

The example you posted was an extreme one as well. If you had to post a reference to Greeks that were isolated in the middle of Anatolia to try to prove a point then what can I say. Yet even in this extreme case, I was still able to read it.
                    Do you aware that half of Greek people has roots from Anatolia??? So, whatta hell are you talking about? A philhellene British scum goes to central Anatolia, Aegean side and Blacksea side, collects 100s of writings from so-called Greeks and you call this "extreme"??

Greece`s population was around 2 million b4 population exchange. This 2 million included 600.000 Turks and also Vlachs, Macedonians, Arvanites, Gypsies etc. and 1 million people came from Anatolia to Greece with population exchange. So, all the people who spoke this "extreme" language as you called, was the half of your population after 1923. Ofc we also know that the most of the other half was Albanian speaking Arvanites of Morea.
                    Last edited by Onur; 02-15-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Most Greeks were from Asia Minor, not the heartland of Anatolia. Get your facts straight.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Most Greeks were from Asia Minor, not the heartland of Anatolia. Get your facts straight.
                        Do you know where Asia Minor is?
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Onur
                          • Apr 2010

Most Greeks were from Asia Minor, not the heartland of Anatolia
                          You are wasting our time here, idiot.

I and fellow Macedonians here presented numerous facts and statistics about the Greece of early 20th century. Half of your population in the year of 1923 was speaking the language called Romaika, half Turkish half Byzantine Greek. The other half was speaking Albanian, Macedonian, Vlach etc. Also don't forget that around ~400.000 people was only speaking Turkish(check various sources for Karamanlides like Karakashidou`s book). Then your philhellene western Europeans created a language called dimotiki and forced everyone to learn it by assimilation. This forced assimilation caused various tongues of Pontics, Romaika to completely disappear in Greece.

If these facts hurts you so much, then swallow some anti-depressants or you better go other forums where you can discuss about the myth of 10.000 year old "continuous" Hellenic society for your psychological satisfaction and ideological masturbation.

Comment

• Voltron
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

You are wasting our time here, idiot.

I and fellow Macedonians here presented numerous facts and statistics about the Greece of early 20th century. Half of your population in the year of 1923 was speaking the language called Romaika, half Turkish half Byzantine Greek. The other half was speaking Albanian, Macedonian, Vlach etc. Also don't forget that around ~400.000 people was only speaking Turkish(check various sources for Karamanlides like Karakashidou`s book). Then your philhellene western Europeans created a language called dimotiki and forced everyone to learn it by assimilation. This forced assimilation caused various tongues of Pontics, Romaika to completely disappear in Greece.

If these facts hurts you so much, then swallow some anti-depressants or you better go other forums where you can discuss about the myth of 10.000 year old "continuous" Hellenic society for your psychological satisfaction and ideological masturbation.
                            The only masturbation taking place is the one in your head. This post is so wrong in so many ways that I wont even bother to correct you. You sound like a broken record.

Comment

• Ottoman
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2010

I also cannot believe that swearing is the only thing Greeks got from the Turks, man you live in Greece just take a look at the design of your houses over there, its exactly the same as in any other Balkan region and Turkey.

Thats just the result of 400 years Ottoman occupation and still you guys say the only thing you got from the Turks is swearing....

Some of you guys are really living life with double standards, claiming baklava as Greek but closing your eyes about anything else being Turkish in your culture.

I once ate baklava in a Greek restaurant and trust me if you dare to serve that in a Turkish restaurant people will make fun of you, baklava is not made that way like the Greeks do.
                              Last edited by Ottoman; 02-15-2011, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Voltron
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
                                I also cannot believe that swearing is the only thing Greeks got from the Turks, man you live in Greece just take a look at the design of your houses over there, its exactly the same as in any other Balkan region and Turkey.

Thats just the result of 400 years Ottoman occupation and still you guys say the only thing you got from the Turks is swearing....

Some of you guys are really living life with double standards, claiming baklava as Greek but closing your eyes about anything else being Turkish in your culture.

I once ate baklava in a Greek restaurant and trust me if you dare to serve that in a Turkish restaurant people will make fun of you, baklava is not made that way like the Greeks do.
                                Of course our baklava is different. Personally I prefer the Turkish ones. Dont take it personally Ottoman, all we are saying is the Turkish impact wasnt a big one. If you consider how much the Ottomans took from the Byzantines why would you think there was such a big difference? Espescially the foods, Turks took the recipes of foods from the Byzantines then say it is Turkish. Sweets like honey, nuts, yoghurt have been used in Ancient Greece since time immemorial. Why is it Turkish ? But that is a different story. Anyway, yes the house's are Ottoman Turkish and even in Greece we say it is. Espescially the ones in Thrace, Epirus, and Macedonia.

That said, I noticed that our apartment buildings have outside balconies and the ones in Turkey rarely do. Probably something carried on from the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X