Edinstveni Makedonski Zborovi - Unique Macedonian Words (postable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Makedonche we are the heart & soul of macedonia.The language is a part of it.
    Last edited by George S.; 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM. Reason: edit
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      Makedonche we are the heart & soul of macedonia.The language is a part of it.
      George
      Very true, and also the spirit and future!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

I fully agree with that makedonce.Bitola seems to have a bit of everything.The people have a good macedonian heart.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• batispecela
          • Oct 2011

Hi guys here are some words that I say in my dialect (Mum's from V'mbel, kostursko and dads from Loznani, Bitolsko)

лафи (lafi) - to talk
          Гуролки (gurolki) - The white stuff you get in ur eyes
          Катил (Katil) -
          Мање
          Зини (Zini) - Open your mouth
          Шибај (Shibaj) - To push
          Смотан (Smotan)
          алифца (aliftsa) - Sleeves
          стромачкај (Stromachkaj) - To squish
          рипај (ripaj) - To jump
          пајнца (Pajntsa) - Plate
          Бати спечала (Bati spechala) - something you say when your angry lol
          Клај (klaj) - top put eg. KLAJ sol vo mandzata (PUT salt in the stew)
          веѓи (Vegji) - eye lashes
          калеш (Kalesh) - olive skinned
          муцки (Mutski) - lips
          Тро (Tro) - A little bit

Comment

• batispecela
            • Oct 2011

Нунко (Nunko) - Godfather .. nunka= Godmother.. nunkoj= Godparents
            Мрмори (Mrmori) - talk under your breath
            Фиојка (fiojka) - Drawer

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Dobrodoide batispecela, haha, with a username like that it makes it sound like I am insulting you, lol, no offence intended of course.
              Originally posted by batispecela View Post
              Hi guys here are some words that I say in my dialect (Mum's from V'mbel, kostursko and dads from Loznani, Bitolsko)
              That is an interesting mix you have there. Most of the words you mentioned I also use.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• batispecela
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Dobrodoide batispecela, haha, with a username like that it makes it sound like I am insulting you, lol, no offence intended of course.

That is an interesting mix you have there. Most of the words you mentioned I also use.
                Hahaha Thanks Soldier of Macedon
                LOL non taken bro Couldn't think of a better username so Batispecela it was.

Comment

• batispecela
                  • Oct 2011

Калезба (Kalezba) - invitation
                  I have a feeling it might be Turkish or even Greek? Saw an interview with Vaskopoulos on youtube the other day and he said kalezba which meant good news (invitation or good news for an event)

also
                  Тоцку или Оцку (Totsku or otsku) this little or that little
                  Олкаа или Толкаа (Можи и Олкава или Толкава да се велит) Olkaa or tolkaa (Can also be said Olkava or Tolkava) - This big or That big
                  Дикат (Dikat) - I think it means attention, you use it in a sentence like ... So dikat da mi slusas (With dikat listen to me)
                  Last edited by batispecela; 11-12-2011, 07:38 AM. Reason: added words

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Earlier in this thread there are some words mentioned like bendisa, kandisa, udisa, sardisa and sandisa, where the ending of the words are the same. I see that in the song 'so maki sum se rodila' there is also the word paraldisa(at). Anybody know what that means exactly?
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• batispecela
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Earlier in this thread there are some words mentioned like bendisa, kandisa, udisa, sardisa and sandisa, where the ending of the words are the same. I see that in the song 'so maki sum se rodila' there is also the word paraldisa(at). Anybody know what that means exactly?
                      Could be of Ottoman origin. I know that Sardisa (meaning to capture or block off, eg go sardisale grado (they captured the town)) and bendisa meaning to like is also Ottomon or turkish so I'm assuming that those words are of otttoman source?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

The word sardisa seems to be from Ottoman times and could be of Turkish or Persian origin, as for others such as bendisa, I have asked a number of Turkish people about the word (both young and old) and they've never heard of it, so not sure. I know what all of the above mean but not sure about 'paraldisa' and 'sandisa'.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

For anybody interested, you can download the PDF of "History of the Macedonian Language" by Blaze Koneski on the below link:

Историја на македонскиот јазик

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

SoM
                            Many thanks for link - very interested indeed!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

thanks for that link SOM very interesting on the history of the macedonian language.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                                • Aug 2011

"Sardisa" would mean "to surround","to encircle",etc.
                                I don't think "to capture" would be the right translation,batispecela
                                ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                                ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X