Edinstveni Makedonski Zborovi - Unique Macedonian Words (postable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Дени
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    You suggested the following evolution of the word: PIE grhed- > PSl gręsti > MKD gredi, so why isn't the same applied to ved -> vesti -> vedi? Be clinical in your response and answer me properly.
    I'll list all three that we have mentioned for easier comparison. Please also be mindful of these two different vowels: , .
    • PSl *gręsti (stem *gręd-) < PIE *g(h)rHd(h)-
    • PSl *vęsti (stem *ved-) < PIE *wed(h)-
    • PSl *věděti (stem *věd-) < PIE *woyd-

What exactly is unclear to you?

How did it derive?
    Unfortunately he doesn't go into any more detail.

What do you mean you're on it? Why don't you post it seeing as you're so sure? Or is this too 'exhaustive' for you also?
    I'm in the process of compiling a vocabulary list.

Your previous suggestion of 'greater' Albanian cognates. Nothing to be ashamed of, if you are, we can't all be Macedonian.
    A greater number of cognates with Albanian.

I see no reason to be either proud or ashamed of one's ethnicity.

What do you believe about Albanian origins?
    I don't have any particular views. It isn't of interest to me.

Let me know how one determines what has been passed on by whom in the Balkans.
    Something I'd like to know as well.

I don't see PetarMKD trying to offer 'corrections' to a multitude of my posts.
    Don't take it personally.

Far be it for me to reject a correction, but you offer most of them based on an outdated and bogus theory about the origins of our people and language.
    No. They are based on the methods of comparative linguistics (the so-called 'comparative method') such as the reconstruction of proto-languages, something you have entertained yourself.

Really? So what is the relation, then?
    Classification.

They are both Indo-European languages and therefore descended from PIE.

Comment

• Дени
      • May 2010

Дени,

We may not agree on everything regarding the historical evolution of our people and language, but what do you think of this?

The administration of the Macedonian Truth Organisation is proud to present the following historical source to our readers, a priceless document accompanied with analysis that shows how little the Macedonian langauge and vernacular has changed since the Middle Ages. Macedonian Lexicon - 16th Century Record of the

How would you explain such a remarkable preservation of our language, and can you cite a parallel in either Serbian or Bulgarian from the same era that is comparable?
      I'll reply in that thread.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Дени
        I'll list all three that we have mentioned for easier comparison. Please also be mindful of these two different vowels: *ę, *ě.

PSl *gręsti (stem *gręd-) < PIE *g(h)rHd(h)-
        PSl *vęsti (stem *ved-) < PIE *wed(h)-
        PSl *věděti (stem *věd-) < PIE *woyd-

What exactly is unclear to you?
        How does gred derive from gręsti and not from gręd, if the latter (gręd) is the stem?
        Unfortunately he doesn't go into any more detail.
        So why cite it? Does 'ezr' even mean 'lake' in Armenian?
        I'm in the process of compiling a vocabulary list.
        Again - why would you need to compile a list when you were so sure already? How long are we to anticipate this apparently 'greater' list which no Albanian can even produce?
        I don't have any particular views. It isn't of interest to me.
        Of course you do, to truly have a view on Macedonian history you need to also have a view on the history of the greater region and the surrounding peoples, and how they all relate and have interacted with each other over the centuries. But again, you don't wish to be scrutinised, and you hide this behind the facade of not having 'any particular views'.
        Don't take it personally.
        I respond to most if not all comments aimed at my self, don't take it personally.
        They are based on the methods of comparative linguistics (the so-called 'comparative method') such as the reconstruction of proto-languages, something you have entertained yourself.
        They don't always provide the most logical answers, nor are they always 100% correct. And yes, I have entertained this and will continue to do so, but I am prepared to accept when I am wrong and refine my views based on additional knowledge. I am also prepared to think outside of the box, whereas yourself, well, let's just say it's a good thing you weren't around when people still thought the earth was flat.
        They are both Indo-European languages and therefore descended from PIE.
        Such a classification can also be made with Iranian. I consider them much closer than that, as I stated earlier, the Proto language of Paleo-Balkan, Baltic and Slavic languages stem from the one branch that split from PIE.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Денуле, каи се загина бе? До коа ќе чекаме?
          Illyrian could just as well be the parent language for Proto-Germanic or Albanian (i.e. a greater number of cognates than with Slavic languages)
          Still compiling your Albanian list of 'greater' Illyrian cognates? I guess this is something else that your 'mainstream' studies have failed you in.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

Its going back a bit but just to give a link to the word pampur

Pampurite replaced by steam

Пампурите заменети со парно

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Дени must have gone missing along with his Illyrian cognates. Where are you, mate? Too busy all of a sudden, even to support an assertion that you were so sure of?

Comment

• Дени
                • May 2010

Дени must have gone missing along with his Illyrian cognates. Where are you, mate? Too busy all of a sudden, even to support an assertion that you were so sure of?
                Sorry, Soldier of Macedon. I actually am quite busy. I'll try and get back to you tonight.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

No problem Дени, I am sure you will be back, just not with this great 'list' of cognates. Nevertheless, I look forward to watching you try and prove something that Albanians can't prove themselves. Your approach is OK in that you try and leave as little as possible for criticism, at least most times, just watch out you don't jump into the mud with this.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

There's heaps that have adopted it as a surname sidoroski.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                      • Nov 2009

"Скорни" (Skorni), да ја разбудиш некој од спање. "Скорни" го детето. ли е тоа единствен Македонски збор?
                      Last edited by Daniel the Great; 11-14-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Дени View Post
                        Sorry, Soldier of Macedon. I actually am quite busy. I'll try and get back to you tonight.
                        You must be working long nights. I find it more than just a coincidence that your disappearance from here takes place at the same time you were challenged on your false assertion. Come back comfortably, and leave your Illyro-Albanian fantasy in the realm of make-belief.

Comment

• Дени
                          • May 2010

You must be working long nights.
                          Yes, and it's also exam time... and I have an overly active social life.

Illyro-Albanian fantasy
                          I never stated that Albanian is a descendant of the Illyrian languages.

Please be patient; I'm just as eager to reply to you as you are eager to read my replies.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Funny how your overly active social life wasn't hindering you previous to your bizzare Illyro-Albanian fiction. To be precise, it is not that I am eager to read what you have, I am eager to see you deliver virtually nothing and have you see that your earlier suggestion was incorrect.

Comment

• Дени
                              • May 2010

Денуле, каи се загина бе? До коа ќе чекаме?
                              Дали кон сите непознати лица им се обраќате со „ти“ и со смаленка?

Следново е список од англиската Википедија на утврдени илирски зборови чии албански и словенски когнати се регистрирани во лингвистичка литература:
                              • *bagaron („топол“) — алб. pjek๋ („пече“; < ие. *bhōg-)
                              • *brisa („гроздова лушпа“) — алб. b๋rsํ („талог“; < ие. *bhruti̯eh2)
                              • *mandos (мал коњ) — алб. m๋z, mโz („пони“; < ие. *mendi̯os)
                              • *mantํa („дива капина“) — алб. mand๋, mod, m๋n, man („црница“)
                              • *rinos („магла“) — алб. ren, re, r๊ („облак“), rij, r๎ („развлажнува“); стсл. rinǫti („тече“; < ие. *h1rin้hxti)
                              • *sabaia, *sabaium, *sabaius (вид пиво) — стсл. sveptŭ („пчелин мед“; < ие. *sap-)
                              • *sibina („ловечко копје“) — алб. thup๋r („стап“)
                              • *sika („закривен нож, кама“) — алб. thik๋ („нож“; < ие. *k̑eh1kʷeha)

Има и други во истата статија „извлечени од топоними, хидроними и антропоними“ за кои можеме да дискутираме.

Comment

• Дени
                                • May 2010

Funny how your overly active social life wasn't hindering you previous to your bizzare Illyro-Albanian fiction.
                                Немојте да ми љубоморите, војниче.

Comment

Working...
                                X