X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia to establish Sea Fleet

At its last session, the Macedonian Government made a decision to create a sea fleet which will travel to all world destinations under the Macedonian flag, reports Skopje daily "Vest".

Unofficially, Vest states that the Government has narrowed down the 'home' port to two locations. It'll be between Drach and Istanbul. Salonica was not mentioned in any of the reports.

The fleet will be formed as a public-private parternship.

In the begining there will be around 10 ships, while the number will increase in the near future. Macedonia aims to become one of the few countries who despite not having sea ports, have developed large sea fleets. //02.25.09 MiNa
    This almost certainly has something to do with the closer military ties being forged between Macedonia, and Turkey. I think its a revelation, that we will see Macedonian ships sailing the Aegean, once again.
  • Sirma vojvoda
    • Feb 2009

I think the Drach port can be an excellent move for Macedonia, that place is developing so quickly, soon enough it will be booming.
    Drach has apparently a big number of ethnic Macedonians live there.
    I feel it's knew, interesting, good access, building a better relationship with albania and sticking it to the Greeks. Works for us

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

This is a very good initiative, very surprising. Macedonia is on the right path.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

It is essential.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

It certainly is, and I hope they follow through with this. What a sight it would be too.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

It creates commerce for the Port, the Host Country, and deepens relations in the region between Macedonians, and others. Its a brilliant thing.

Comment

Working...
            X