X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

A mental patient and Greek Circus

18 February 2009 The case of a Macedonian mental patient who says he is a Serb 'working for Slav-Hellenic friendship' has sparked a propaganda war between Macedonia and Greece, reaching even diplomats and European Union officials in Brussels.

Vasko Gligorov was put in a mental hospital by his family last month for observation and care. The man, a Macedonia-born Skopje resident, also presents himself as a Serbian national called Gligorijevic and in his blog says he is one of the founders of an organisation called "Slavic–Hellenic Association" that strives for close ties between Serbia and Greece. He publicly denies the existence of Macedonians, saying "they are all Serbs."

After his hospitalisation, Greek activists contacted various media, including Balkan Insight, to protest against what they said was "fascism" by Macedonian authorities, saying that "the regime of PM Gruevski put Gligorov in a mental hospital simply for expressing pro-Greek sentiments in his blog."

“Gligorijevic is forcefully detained by the authorities against his will,” Stavros Vitali, the leader of the group told local A1 TV on Tuesday. “We are bringing with us Greece’s most famous psychiatrist, Cleantis Grivas, to personally determine if Gligorijevic is alright.”

Vitali said that the group coming to Skopje were members of the Greek party “Political Renaissance” but "their mission is strictly humanitarian".

A group of 30 people arrived in Skopje on Wednesday to check on his condition, saying they knew Gligorov from the net. After talking with the director of Bardovci hospital, Dr Pavlina Vaskova, they slowly returned to the bus.

“It is forbidden by law for any doctor who is not registered in Macedonia to practice medicine” Pavlina Vaskova, the director of Bardovci mental hospital, told local A1 TV, adding that the hospital had not received any announcement or request for a visit and patients cannot be visited ad hoc by any organization or group without a permit.

Gligorov's family has appeared distressed by the furore, his mother saying repeatedly her son truly had mental problems.

“My son was taken to hospital with police assistance because he is ill and needed treatment, " Gligorov’s mother told local Nova Makedonija daily at the beginning of the month. "I hear for the first time that someone in Greece claims he is being arrested due to his pro Greek stance. He might have written something on the internet to prevent his treatment, I do not know.”

Neither hospital authorities nor Gligorov's parents have given out any official information on his condtion. The local Kanal 5 TV cited unnamed sources as saying he was 32 years old and diagnosed as a schizophrenic, and had been also hospitalised in the past.

A series of letters calling for the "liberation" of the Skopje blogger have reportedly been sent to EU diplomats and European Parliament members. Macedonia's A1 TV said a Greek MP from the opposition PASOK party had also raised Gligorov's case in the parliament in Athens as part of a discussion on the 18-year Athens-Skopje row over the name 'Macedonia'.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

What a pack of MORONS.

Leave the people in peace, his mother has already stated his past history and her desire for him to get help. You clowns are going to bring Greece's "most famous" psychiatrist who is probably a mental patient himself. How stupid do you Greeks look, bananas....

Macedonians are refused entry to Greece by border guards and psychotic fools from the racist Hrisi Avgi (with whom the Greek media sympathised) when they wish to attend a festival, whereas Greeks walk into Macedonia freely on a wild hunt for some jester that has lead them on a fictional journey on the internet. Should they have received the same treatment for such povocative stupidity?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

A fitting finale to a ridiculous dispute.
      Greeks now support a native Macedonian who is a confirmed psycho.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Venom
        • Sep 2008

Truly among the stupidest things I've ever read.

What an insane waste of time.
        S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Sirma vojvoda
          • Feb 2009

I truly don't understand why were they allowed in the country at all? This is a mental patient we are talking about, surley only doctors and police officers can go near him.
          What the hell is wrong with these people?

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Vasko is imprisoned according....

to this article over at American Chronicle;
            Vasko detained again – Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) Basic Human Rights.

Here is a brief summary of it:
            According to the latest information available, Vasko Gligorijevic, the well-known activist from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), strong criticizer of "Pseudomacedonism" and ardent Philhellene, was arrested and is currently detained in Tetovo´s prison. What is his crime? For expressing online views that are critical of the FYROM government and especially of the widely-imposed fictitious construstion of PseudoMacedonism? Unluckily this sad outcome has been verified in the worst possible way; the fears of Vasko himself, even about his own life, fears he has previously expressed (even before his disappearance 4 days ago). We are reminded of his first arrest and containment in the Bardovci Psychiatric Hospital, about only 5 months ago. This was a case which resulted in huge outrage in Greece, and finally international pressure against FYROM´s regime allowed the release of Vasko to become a reality.
            So is it true? Is he in prison or is he in the mental institution again and being treated for his condition? Again pulling the legs of his admierers?
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

He maybe went on vacation and forgot to tell his admierers that he did just that, who knows?

The funny thing is that they claim that the Republic of Macedonia is violating Human Rights when they themselves are one of the most noturious contries in this aspect.

Are they not looking themselves in the mirror??

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

I can't believe this delude is given even the slightest attention, but I guess it has its advantages, it proves how low Neohellenes will go to search for something non-existent.

Why hasn't Vaskoglou been granted his 'Hellenic' citizenship yet? Surely after telling lies for years on end, he should be granted such a gift and go where he belongs, in a country full of manipulative liars like him. Or better still, Vaskovic should make his own political party and all the Greek tourists can can vote for him, lol.

I feel sorry for his family and in particular his mother, the poor woman has had to endure so much due to her ill son, which has only been egged on by internet Neohellenic morons such as Akritas (Panagiotis Tsoukalas) and the other idiots lurking about.

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  I can't believe this delude is given even the slightest attention, but I guess it has its advantages, it proves how low Neohellenes will go to search for something non-existent.

Why hasn't Vaskoglou been granted his 'Hellenic' citizenship yet? Surely after telling lies for years on end, he should be granted such a gift and go where he belongs, in a country full of manipulative liars like him. Or better still, Vaskovic should make his own political party and all the Greek tourists can can vote for him, lol.

I feel sorry for his family and in particular his mother, the poor woman has had to endure so much due to her ill son, which has only been egged on by internet Neohellenic morons such as Akritas (Panagiotis Tsoukalas) and the other idiots lurking about.

It is so funny to see how they admire him, this truly boosts his ego, and is not something you should do to a mentally ill person. That will only make him more sick and eventually loose it all.

On one of the Wannabe's forums he even claimed to be a decendant of Macedonians from Greek annexed Macedonia, this turned most of the readers against him and he did not post for several months.

But our dear Greek friends have most likely forgotten about this little incident.

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

I have noticed that there is a guy on youtube called SlavonicGreek.

I assume, it could be this Vasko guy.

What fascinates me is the fact how this Neohellenes admire this apparent Slavonic-Greek beside their obvious hatred for Slavs, which for me is highly illogical and shows how far the Neohellenes are ready to lure them in to their illusions. Contradiction to Contradiction....

I guess next on topic is Japanese-Greek since we had one Chinese-Greek.

I bet my left arm, that if we are to add a adjective Greek to our Ethnic name or Republic, they will become our greatest Brothers.

How stupid that can be
                    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                      I have noticed that there is a guy on youtube called SlavonicGreek.

I assume, it could be this Vasko guy.

What fascinates me is the fact how this Neohellenes admire this apparent Slavonic-Greek beside their obvious hatred for Slavs, which for me is highly illogical and shows how far the Neohellenes are ready to lure them in to their illusions. Contradiction to Contradiction....

I bet my left arm, that if we are to add a adjective Greek to our Ethnic name or Republic, they will become our greatest Brothers.

How stupid that can be

that is called self-loathing.....

They somhow see Vasko as a Greek, I do not really get how that works, because he is a self-proclaimed Serb.

I have always asked myself why this "Serb" does not move to his beloved Serbia or even to take up arms to defend his beloved Kosovo, when he only lives 15 minutes from the border to Kosovo and would have been a great asset to the Serbian paramilitary troops during the Kosovo conflict, instead he is wasting his energy on Macedonia......

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Let's not forget this previous spectacle:

Gligorov's family has appeared distressed by the furore, his mother saying repeatedly her son truly had mental problems.

“My son was taken to hospital with police assistance because he is ill and needed treatment, " Gligorov’s mother told local Nova Makedonija daily at the beginning of the month. "I hear for the first time that someone in Greece claims he is being arrested due to his pro Greek stance. He might have written something on the internet to prevent his treatment, I do not know.”
                        What a shupelka, ruining his family like this, he deserves to be Greek after all of his pathetic actions.

Comment

• Napoleon
                          • Dec 2008

Maybe...but I was thinking these guys might fit the bill...afterall...neo-'Greece' can always do with more neo-'hellenes'.

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Napoleon View Post
                            Maybe...but I was thinking these guys might fit the bill...afterall...neo-'Greece' can always do with more neo-'hellenes'.

http://www.nphchq.org/home.htm
                            I am speechless there are even AfricanHellenes.....

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

Akritas is this guy;

YouTube - Ali Ahmeti dhe Kole Diamanti pjesa 1
                              YouTube - ali ahmeti dhe kole diamanti pjesa 2

Him and Vasco have something in common. Identity crisis and mental illness.
                              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X