X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Strong Statement from Macedonian PM

Skopje, February 17 (MIA) - There are neither antique nor Slav Macedonians in Macedonia. There are only Macedonians, Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski told reporters on Tuesday.

- We are all Macedonians and should work together on building Macedonia without such divisions. I call on politicians to stop dividing people, which have already been divided on partisan and many other lines, Gruevski said before his meeting with Slovene President Danilo Turk.

Gruevski considers opposition parties to be the main promoters of dividing the citizens on antique and Slav Macedonians.

- I appeal to the opposition to stop dividing citizens in this manner. I understand that we are in a period of campaign and the opposition must work on achieving better results, which is legitimate, but creating a climate for people to argue whether we are antique or Slav Macedonians is rather inappropriate. These arguments should come to an end. We are all Macedonians, Gruevski said.

Taking a journalist's question, Gruevski said the Government never intended to ban abortion in Macedonia. It launched a campaign on the matter to inform young people on the consequences of such act.

The abortion ban has been invented by opposition cycles, who are going public and fighting against fictitious enemy, Gruevski said.
    I think this is in response to the latest statements of Boshkovski and donkeys like Gorgievski. Gruevski has told it like it is, we are The Macedonians.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

vojvoda gruevski is the smartest politician i have ever listened to
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Totally fair statement that can be interpreted a few ways. But still very much better than anything anyone else is prepared to say.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Venom
        • Sep 2008

It's almost like Gruevski wants to go on a tirade of nationalistic rhetoric but is too afraid to and this is the best he can come up with.

Risto you've very right that this can be interpreted in a few ways and that is where the problem is. When it comes to the Macedonian identity, Gruevski has never been absolutely 100% clear on what his stance is.
        S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

Working...
        X