X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Greece finds cheap real estate for a monument

Greece will build a monument honoring the Macedonian warrior-king Alexander the Great at an ancient battlefield in southern Iraq.
    Foreign Minister Dora Bakoyannis said the agreement was reached at the talks in Athens with Iraqi FM Hoshyar Zebari.

Zebari said the battlefield monument would underline the interaction of civilizations in the region.

Paying an honor to the great conquest "must symbolize the mutual influence between the two peoples," the Greek and the Iraqi ones, Bakoyannis said.

The monument will be built at the locality bearing the ancient name of Gaugamela, situated near the city of Mosul. At the time - 331 B.C. - Iraq was part of the Persian Empire, which stretched throughout most of the Middle East. 25-year-old Alexander won a crushing victory over a Persian army and declared himself Emperor of Asia. //01.27.09 //MINA
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

hhmmmm?
    What are my thoughts? Thanks you? for spending the money and Advertising our Great Hero "Alexander the Macedonian"

Greece Worship Alexander the Macedonian?
    Hmm it's like the JEWS worshiping HITLER?

What are your thoughts?????
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Morons, these people have a bitch everytime Macedonians erect MACEDONIAN monuments in Macedonia, yet they have no problem funding a monument 1000km away from their country, insolent little fools.

Erecting a statue of the Macedonian king who killed more 'Greeks' than any other foreigner only serves the Macedonian cause. Honestly, I thank the Greek tax payers for this, I really do, keep promoting Macedonian history, and give us a yell when you get to Chaeronea and Darius' 30-50,000 dead Greeks, lol.

And Dora's comment that it "must symbolize the mutual influence between the two peoples" - Why? Is she claiming to be related to somebody from 3,000 years ago? Is she claiming the Arab population of Iraq as the same people 3,000 years ago? I would love to see some clarity with regard to this statement because it seems as nothing other than cheap propaganda, the type routinely pumped out by Dora and Kostaglou.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

They can't call him a Greek.
        This is why they try to claim Macedonia as being Greek.
        And then they say the argument has nothing to do with antiquity.
        And then the straight jacket goes on.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

And here come the men in the white coats.........
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            And here come the men in the white coats.........
            Chasing after the ones in the foustanellas.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mr. MASO
              • Jan 2009

well atleast we are not going mad about it. When they found out about the Airport they went psycho. Good let them make one...

Comment

Working...
              X