[BBC Poll] Should the EU bail out Greece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Napoleon
    • Dec 2008

[BBC Poll] Should the EU bail out Greece?

The BBC are holding a Poll on the question as to whether or not the EU should bail out Greece. The overwhelming response has been NO!!! I've always said that the only thing that stops modern Greece reverting back to being a 3rd world country was the massive amounts of EU funding.

Anyway, the following is some responses that I found amusing;

Should the EU bail out Greece?

No. Their mess, their problem. Live within your means or face the consequences!
    ED, Brit in Italy

No! A miscreant should not be rewarded at the expense of those who follow the rules.
    RICHARD RALPH ROEHL

NO! Greece will never learn if someone bails her out! I have lived in Greece since 1988 (I'm British). This country is corrupt on EVERY level. You can't get a decent education - decent health care - decent anything unless you are prepared to hand over a 'fakilaki' (bribe) or pay crazy amounts of money. No one pays their taxes - everyone is on the fiddle! I own two businesses and I am thrown into the thick of it! STOP corruption and make laws that are ENFORCED in full !!!!!!
    Jayne, Greece

Since the only people who can really help Greece are the Chinese, why doesn't the EU throw Greece out of the Union after which they can adopt the Yuan as their currency.
    Bugginsturn, Winchester, United Kingdom

The spoiled child of Europe is back in business! Bail her out before it's too late.
    Diren YARDIMLI, Istanbul, Turkey

30 years of overspending on useless armaments, on overpriced public works and projects like the Olympic Games and on the salaries of a milion (!) civil servants (1/10 of the population...) have brought us to this. It's the greek politicians fault, they ought to pay for this
    Aris Beligiannis, Thessaloniki, Greece

Do not bail out Greece! The situation here is miserable... I am a university student and in all universities political parties and lobbies run the places. If you want to pass your exam, you must find 10 members for lets say the nea dimokratia party and they'll find the questions for you a week before the exam. Also, we spent most of the money the EU gave us on ourselves. Farmers protest, but they spent their EU funds on shiny new cars and strippers. We need to crash down and learn from that.
    Manthos, Athens, Greece

Not until they stop standing in the way of the Republic of Macedonia's accession to the EU. They can't have it both ways.
    Sally Fowler, Chicago

No Greece should not be bailed out....look how much they spend on military +- 15 billion Euros when they not even at war!!!!! Am just waiting to hear from the imminent court cases of Macedoniand suing Greece for kicking them off ther properties after the war...so even if they get a bail out..its likely they will have to pay millions of Euros to people forced out iligally by the Greeks. So watch this space. Greek Govt are bullies and dont recognise ethnic minorities & EU ingonre this!!!
    simon, Coventry
    The following response from a Greek really cracked me up...delusional to the last!!!

Considering Greece invented democracy, civilisation, and money for that matter, I think the Euro Zone would be well served in giving back to a country that has been so generous to the entire world.
    Eleftherios, Birmingham
    Last edited by Napoleon; 02-12-2010, 11:01 AM.
  • Serdarot
    • Feb 2010

about that i am talkinī oft in the last few months, those fascistoid "nation" (the modern greeks) are claiming COMPLETE WORLD HISTORY and Heritage...

some1 should tell those ignorants, that when the first ancient SETTLERS from whom LATER became the ancient greeks, started to colonize the Aegean Cities, Egypt had its XY Dinasty, and OUR Ancestors had MYTHS about THEIR (our) paste Kingdoms...
    Bratot:
    Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Jankovska
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Napoleon View Post
      The BBC are holding a Poll on the question as to whether or not the EU should bail out Greece. The overwhelming response has been NO!!! I've always said that the only thing that stops modern Greece reverting back to being a 3rd world country was the massive amounts of EU funding.

Anyway, the following is some responses that I found amusing;

Should the EU bail out Greece?

The following response from a Greek really cracked me up...delusional to the last!!!

I saw that comment somewhere as well. The guy needs wake up. Greece invented nothing, they came from Minor Asia.

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

i just hope the people in the eu countries jump up and demand not to bail out the greeks. nemaj zal za dusman. tie nikogas nema da ni mislat arno. When providences comes don’t interfere to stop it.

Comment

• Serdarot
          • Feb 2010

i guess you did not know that EU decided to help to the Greece...

they dont want their puppet to desintegrate...
          Bratot:
          Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Brygian Seed
            • Dec 2009

. . . and the response from Papandreou

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

• Serdarot
              • Feb 2010

i am not sure if they are worth to hate them

most of the time i despise them...
              Bratot:

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Napoleon View Post

Considering Greece invented democracy, civilisation, and money for that matter, I think the Euro Zone would be well served in giving back to a country that has been so generous to the entire world.
                Eleftherios, Birmingham
                That one is just Golden...... delusion is rampant in modern Greece, end it now.

No bailout for modern Greece and no more Euro for you!!!

Ne Drachmas!!!

A development country with a turbo injected economy is at the end of the day, still a development country when there is no more turbo injection of Euros into the economy.

Remove it all and we have a country on par with Croatia, think about that.

And Croatia is on the way up.... modern Greece is on the way down.....

Oxi Euros!!
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Serdarot
                  • Feb 2010

А1 Македонија е член на Групацијата А1 Телеком Австрија, водечки провајдер за комуникациски и дигитални решенија во Централна и Источна Европа.

Постигнавме договор за давање помош на Грција...
                  Postignavme dogovor za davanje pomos na Grcija...
                  ...изјавил Ромпуј по средбата со грчкиот премиер Јоргос Папандреу, францускиот претседател Николас Саркози, германскиот канцелар Ангела Меркел, претседателот на Европската Централна Банка, Жан Клод Трише и првиот човек на Европската Комисија, Жозе Мануел Баросо.
                  ...izjavil Rompuj po sredbata so grckiot premier Jorgos Papandreu, francuskiot pretsedatel Nikolas Sarkozi, germanskiot kancelar Angela Merkel, pretsedatelot na Evropskata Centralna Banka Zan Klod Trise i prviot covek na Evropskata Komisija, Jose Manuel Baroso
                  novinar sega ke bidi vo "grcija" najposakuvana rabota

od silnite miljardi koi ke gi dobijat, ke ima nekolku stotini milioni i za novinarite, da laat uste malku protiv nas, i da ja prigrchat uste malku Makedonija.

a i nasite "novinari" trijat race, ke ima i za niv uste nekoja koska

eh, Narode Makedonski, so kakvi idei si ti?

vo VAKVA Evropska Unija sakas da odis?

ova moram da go dodadam, na angliski e, ke razberite

YouTube - Istina o Europskoj uniji - 2 od 6 - Majstori korupcije?

to e za starata Evropska Komisija, ama skoro istite lugje, istiot princip...
                  Last edited by Serdarot; 02-13-2010, 09:00 PM.
                  Bratot:

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Eleftherios, Birmingham
                    Terry from Birmingham. Your world is a special place, please ensure your minders never let you out of that padded cell.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• sf.
                      • Jan 2010

Considering Greece invented democracy, civilisation, and money for that matter
                      Three things they don't have... Ubavo me nasmeavte.
                      Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

he forgot coffee and pizza too

Comment

Working...
                        X