• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Shock: Greek Court jails Journalists for Misinforming on Macedonians

Shock: Greek Court jails Journalists for Misinforming on Macedonians

For the first time ever, a Greek Court in Solun punished a Director and a journalist from the state run Greek Radio for misinformation and spreading hatred towards a minority. The case had been pending for more than two years, however the final verdict was delivered this week.

Dimitris Kapselis based in Solun and Kokos Telemahos from Lerin, both employed at Greece's state run radio service will spend five months in jail and be placed three years on probation after Pavle Voskopulous sued them back in 2007 for misinformation and personal attacks against himself and Vinozito (ethnic Macedonian party).

The lawsuit started when Maja Tsakli in a documentary titled "Traveling through Greece" dared to show ethnic Macedonians. In it, Mrs. Tsakli points out the "people who live in and around Lerin (Florina) prefer to speak Macedonian, though they also speak Greek".

This statement caused the abovementioned journalist to attack Mrs. Tsakli as well as Mr Voskopulous who was interviewed in the documentary, calling them "Skopje agents", "separatists", "Anti-Greek leaders"...

This isn't the first time ethnic Macedonians or Greeks are called "Skopje agents" for having different opinions than the state sponsored opinion of "no Macedonians in Greece".

Pavle Voskopulous was clearly surprised by the verdict and expressed his appreciation to the Court in Solun. He added that this perhaps was a small justice for all the years he had been called "Skopje agent" only because he expressed himself as a Macedonian, adding "this verdict would make other Greek journalists think twice in what they say, I hope".

Well well, is Solun turning pro Macedonian? dought it. But good on you Pavle for persisting with this case.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

This is very welcome news.
    I suspect our friends at AMHRC will be able to add to this in due course.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

wow
      wow
      wow

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Excellent (and suprising) result.

No I bet the judge will lose his job and will have to go to court, lol.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Fantastic, I wonder what AMHRC has to say about this??

They called Pavle a Skopjan Agent
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Hmmm why am i slightly disapointed by all this.

Mabe because my mind is telling me, that this is some sort of band aid to hide the real harm from the eyes of the Human Rights watch dog. I also supose Greece would start using this little gesture as respecting human rights and that they always have.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
            X