• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Greek Postal Service Sabotaged Vinozito's Election Campaign

Greek Postal Service Sabotaged Vinozito's Election Campaign

Greece, the craddle of Fascism!
    The Macedonian party in Greece has seen it all, from imprisonment to blackmail, death threats, but the latest gambit by the Greek Government left them surprised.

In recent EU elections held in Greece, the Macedonian party attempted to get in touch with ethnic Macedonians spread out in Aegean Macedonia (Northern Greece).
    No Greek paper is allowed to print any kind of infomercial for Vinozito (paper that dares to do such thing normally faces consequences ranging from monetary punishment to treason charges). Because of this Vinozito printed out thousands of leaflets with information about their political stance, views etc and mailed them to their constituents across the region.

The letters were mailed via the Greek Postal Service which is owned by the Greek Government. You can sense where this is going...
    Weeks after the Greek EU elections were completed, phone call came to the Vinozito office from the Greek postal service informing them to pick up a package.

It appeared, acting on orders from Athens, the Greek Postal Service had refused to mail any of the thousands of letters stamped with the Vinozito logo.
    Vinozito's members range several hundred thousands, though come voting day, the numbers are in the low few thousands. Should be duly noted votes are 'counted' by Athens.

Macedonians who vote for Vinozito are pin pointed, scrutinized, laid of from work ...This is going on since the Metaxas dictatorship. The main idea is to instill fear into the mindset of the Macedonian that he/she is being watched.

The Greek Postal Service could have simply thrown out the letters and not say anything, but by letting Vinozito know their letters were not sent, is sending a message they are powerless.

Vinozito has vowed to take Court action, though one would assume not in a Greek Court.
    Feeling something was wrong, Vinozito members filmed their trip to the Greek Postal Office. // Marija Nikolovska
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

This really should be condemned at extreme levels.
    If I was Greek, I would genuinely be embarrassed that such actions were authorised in the 21st century. Honestly, we Macedonians are to blame if this is not broadcast to the world.

I have quite mixed emotions about it really. On one hand I am extremely angry such actions are tolerated in a nation that regards itself as the cradle of democracy ... yet won't let the people be informed enough to pursue democracy.

On the other hand ... I LOVE IT. Everything we have been saying for so long has been vindicated yet again. This time it is a question of how high up the Governmental hierarchy the orders came to suppress and not inform our people.

Are any Greek readers a little upset about this?

Greece is not performing terribly well as an economy (amongst other things). Everyone whinges about politicians in Greece. God forbid if a chance for positive change happened in Greece, some postal worker might make it absolutely impossible for the people to know about it.

A (greek) tragedy.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• drle
      • Sep 2008

I can assure you if it was a blunder on Nea Democratia's or Pasok or even that new Prosfygsko party, the Greeks would be up in arms if that happened to them...majkata kozi edni!!!!!

Seriously besides the fear factor....what the f**k is wrong with nashte...

"STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES, DON'T BE SO BLAZE ABOUT IT.....GROW SOME BALLS FOR GOD'S SAKE...THESE FUCKEN GREEKS ARE NO BETTER THAN YOU ARE...DON'T LET THEM LOOK DOWN AT YOU" NE SE GOSPOD MAJKATA....BOG DA CHUA I DA BRANE....

Its annoying....they see it happen but they keep their mouths shut...hey razbuditise Grcite ne te sakat...kolku pati treba da ti vika Vougaro ili Skopiano pret da se rechish...kolku maka imame videno vo nahte mesta...ti zatvorija vo opsana, rodnini i prijateli izgobifte...abre klajcigo prsto na umot i misletise malce makedonci...Stanvajte i kazhimu na ovije majmuni deka jac sum makedonec ot Grcija i jac imam prava za da bidam makedonec....

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

If their parents did not tell them anything about what they used to be (because of fear), surely you cannot expect them to be well informed about their identity Drle.

By reducing the impact of groups like Vinozito the Greeks are continuing with a tradition of denying the Macedonians from self-awareness and cultural development. Nothing has changed ... at all.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
        X