Macedonia removes Communist History from Schools....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia removes Communist History from Schools....

Macedonians had to wait 68 years for the country to finally remove its communist history books, created by the then pro Yugoslavia circles.

While Macedonia's neighbors worked 60 years carefully crafting their history books, redefining and rewriting each sentence to serve their agenda and myths (look up Greece), others spent 5 days to come up with their history - claim Goce Delcev, Pitu Guli, Czar Samoil, Cyril and Methodius, Kliment Ohridski (look up Bulgaria), Macedonia had finally managed to free itself from communist ghosts who are still lurking, though in smaller numbers.

Today the book "History of the Macedonian People" was launched that will serve as a guide in all schools.

The book was written by numerous authors. One of them, Mr. Mitko Panov held a press conference and took questions from journalists.

MINA had a chance to review the book, albeit for few minutes. It is interesting and perhaps expected that Macedonia's slavic connection was not removed. After all every Balkan country, even Germany has Slavic connections.

Mr Panov explains that the Slavs who came to the Balkans, did not come in large numbers as to overturn the demographic footprint of the Macedonians who were already established on the land. Clear proof of this is the dozen DNA studies conducted by Spanish, British and Swiss Institutions of not just the Macedonians, but all Balkan peoples.

In the book, one can note the removal of the terms Hellenism and Hellenic who were coined by Historian (Politician) Johann Gustav Droysen, hired by the then Greek ruler Prince Otto. The reason for the term "Hellenism" (1836) was for Prince Otto to unite as he called the "dangerous mixture of Albanians, Macedonians, Vlachs, Turks in Greece".

Mr Panov's book uses the terms Macedonianism and Alexandrism instead. The author was asked by a pesky A1 journalist who kept interrupting why Mr Panov omitted the term 'Hellenic'!

Mr Panov said the term was incorrect, was created 150 years ago for political, not historical purposes.

The book establishes the connection of today's Macedonians with the Ancients.

'The History of the Macedonian People' is published by the Institute of National History and is available in Macedonian and English, to be distributed to foreign organizations worldwide.

well done
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

"Alexandrism" ... I like it.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Jankovska
      • Sep 2008

wohooooooooo

Comment

• King Makedon
        • Apr 2009

Interesting. I'll buy it tomorrow.
        ]
        The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
        [/SIZE]

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I am scared that I will have an "Alexandrism" if I read it publicly.
          And I prefer to have my Alexandrisms privately.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
            • Sep 2008

lol Risto!

Comment

• I of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

I hope that they made mentions at the very least, of recent major studies (besides genetics) and debates into the Slavic origins (Curta and Barford just to name a few).

Further, I think this book should be an open and ongoing study (which I hope it is) where they emphasise or at least mention ongoing debates, research and potential new information, and highlight such things for any potential future editions of the book into Macedonia’s history and its people.

However if its a closed subject book where this is this and that’s that and therefore no more discussions warranted - then that will be unfortunate.

Despite the above points, I think it’s important that they did this book officially, and start to move away from the communist constructed history of Macedonia and its people, as so much information was skewed and more unfortunately just wasn’t there. Consider all the information that has been found and placed on this forum and on maknews by its forum members – it’s quite vast.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

About time. Well done, and well said Panov.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                X