X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Albanian Group Seeks Federalization

A group of right-wing ethnic Albanian politicians during a Wednesday press conference demanded the federalization of Macedonia based on the Swiss and Belgian models.

The group, headed by Hisni Shakiri, Sefedin Haruni, Bardulj Mahmuti and Nevzat Halili from the “Ilirida” movement, is not advocating renewed armed conflict with the state, but urging constitutional changes that would allow ethnic Albanians, who comprise one-quarter of the country's population, equal rights.

The group is not part of any of the country's major political parties.

“The Albanian language is not equal with the Macedonian [language]; the Albanians are not equal with the Macedonians,” Halili opined at the press conference, asking for recognition of the fact that the Albanians in Macedonia are autochthonous.

The group’s stances are similar to those expressed in April by the controversial ethnic Albanian local leader, Rufi Osmani, who then urged the creation of a bi-national Macedonia.

In 2001, Macedonia suffered a short armed conflict between ethnic Albanian insurgents and the state. The armed clashes ended the same year with the signing of the Ohrid peace accord, which granted greater rights to ethnic Albanians.

Greater involvement in the police, army and administration as well as official use of the Albanian language in the areas where the population is dominant are among the provisions of the peace deal.

Media have been citing local analysts as saying that the radicalization of some Albanian entities in Macedonia following the peace deal is the aftermath of the stalemate in which the country finds itself over the heated name dispute with Greece and the Greek blockage on Macedonia's NATO accession.

Opinion polls show that Albanians would rather sacrifice the country’s name for swift accession to NATO and the EU, unlike Macedonians, who view the issue as central to their national dignity and identity.

The group was supported in their demands by the Student’s Association of Tetovo State University, the Association of Insurgents Veterans from the 2001 conflict, and several other citizens’ associations.

Give me proof the Albanians in Macedonia are autochthonous.
    Then identify where specifically the Albanian minority are not given enough rights.
    Then clarify why these people are not terrorists.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

The Albanian language is not equal with the Macedonian [language]; the Albanians are not equal with the Macedonians
    Albanian is not equal with Macedonian because Macedonians are 65% of the population and Macedonia is the national state of the Macedonian people.

Are Macedonians equal with Albanians in Albania?

This animal needs to be made an example.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

In the 1971 Yugoslav census the town of Kicevo registered just four Albanian families.

It now has about 9,000 Albanians (from memory?). Where did they all come from?

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Pelister, have you had a read through Dr. Nick Anastasovski's book/thesis, "The Contest For Macedonian. Identity 1870-1912".

There's a lot of population/census information in that for the time period of the book, in a village by village breakdown of how many families there were from each ethnic group, etc.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Taiwan News is the most widely visited English-language portal for news about Taiwan, offering the outside world a revealing look at all things Taiwan

A group of prominent ethnic Albanian nationalists including a military commander who brought Macedonia to the brink of civil war said Friday they will organize a demonstration to demand a new constitution.

The protesters said they will stage the protest June 23 in Macedonia's capital, Skopje. They want to create a federal state and grant self-government to the country's restive ethnic Albanian minority.

Their demands would challenge the terms of a peace agreement that ended the fighting between government forces and rebels eight years ago and formed the basis of constitutional reforms adopted in late 2001.

Under the deal, rebels agreed to disarm and give up separatist demands in return for political reforms aimed at granting greater minority rights but not federal status.

Ethnic Albanian nationalist protest groups said the deal had failed to deliver any improvement for ethnic Albanians.

"The Albanian language is not on par with Macedonian. Albanians are not equal with Macedonians," said Nevzat Halili, head of a nationalist group known as "Ilirida," the main organizer of the protest.

Rebel commander Izair Samiu also backed the demonstration. There was no immediate reaction from the government to the protest plans.

Ethnic Albanians make up about a quarter of Macedonia's 2.1 million population.
          If there is any hint of lawlessness, these people must be treated as terrorists.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

There is a good reason why they are not equal with Macedonians. They are not equal.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Venom
              • Sep 2008

Yeah someone needs to be shown what may happen to those who continually threaten the integrity of the Macedonian people.
              S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

what ever happened to the Macedonian cause,i don't give a damn about the albanian rights as they have been given far too many rights above & beyond the macedonians.Seats on parliament.THe albanians don't even respect the Macedonians & we blindly five them rights.I think given the situation that the albanians want to secede then in the next war the Macedonian soldiers should do their duty.These albanians were kicked out of albania after the 2nd world war even the albanians in albania don't want them back.These lbanians in macedonia are nothing but trouble,they want to have there own passports etc,they want a country within a country.they aren'teven indiginous people they are just scum of the earth & vermin as far as i'm concerned.That's the truth.
                How abot proper rights for the Macedonians for a change'If the albanians don't like it they can go!It's not a matter of rights but divide & conquer.Do people know that the albanians enjoy more rights than any other community in the EU, short of seceding territory to them.
                Do the macedonian community enjoy the same rights in albania? no they don't.
                Even president Traikovski admitted at the 2001 war that if the govt forces acted more fiercly there would not be any albanian problemtoday.Perhaps next time it will beall resolved.
                To the albanians if you think your special you are not,if you don't show respect for the macedonian people you shouldn;t expect any back.If you don't like it pack your bags & head of for KOsovo.Macedonia is for the Macedonians!
                Last edited by George S.; 10-26-2009, 02:11 PM. Reason: edit
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Let it be a warning to those people that think that Macedonia is a pushover & we are not going to give in too easily.You try & push us past the limits & we will kick your arse.
                  The Macedonian Special forces are ready to kick butt!
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

There you go again ERin you have no respect for the Macedonian people you are obviously an albanian gee why don't we just give you more rights!Listen facts are you were kicked out of your albanian country after the 2nd world war by the communists.You went to kosovo,serbia & macedonia & you want a country within a country.Get off whats left is it's Macedonian.You & your ilirida theories is crap you have no connection with any ancient illyrians.You are from Albania ASIA!
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Drin666
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Albanian from Asia? Yet you speak the barbaric tongue of Slavic? Hmmmmmm

My family is indigenous part of Macedonia. Prior to the artificial borders that were set in the early 20th century, ,that left more Albanians outside of its borders then within, we were part of Albania.

I don't mind the Slavs in Macedonia, but all I ask for is a federal state. You rule your part, we rule ours. War is the last thing you would want.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Once again No respect for the Macedonian people.Can i go to your Albania & ask to have half of it & call it Macedonia.??
                        You call us Slavic but the Slavs went through Albania as well does that make them slavic as well??How can an Albanian be an indiginous of Macedonia.YOu are just liars & you can't stop yourselves you think all of greece is yours as well.Utter stupidity
                        If we are to have a war an outright war where you get wiped out once & for all would be welcome.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Drin666 View Post
                          Albanian from Asia? Yet you speak the barbaric tongue of Slavic? Hmmmmmm

My family is indigenous part of Macedonia. Prior to the artificial borders that were set in the early 20th century, ,that left more Albanians outside of its borders then within, we were part of Albania.

I don't mind the Slavs in Macedonia, but all I ask for is a federal state. You rule your part, we rule ours. War is the last thing you would want.
                          Wow we got another genius amongst us Look here Enver - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=1966 - even your own kind say that you're not related to the illyrians let alone the pelasgians. Get out of the moon and get down to earth for a second and realize that you're nothing more than the left overs of many peoples. This reality must bite considering that your people suffer from an identity complex. You're muslim,,,but you sport an Orthodox kingdoms flag. Even deciding on an alphabet for your language was difficult. Arabic script was almost chosen because you're a majority muslims(extremists in a large dose) but someone else (most likely a westerner) decided on Latin. And you muslims worship a Christian hero in the name of George Kastriot who's mother most likely spoke Macedonian, and not Albanian. So please Rexho let's cut the BS and look at the mirror because what you see is most likely what someone is seeing in Syria when they look in the mirror!
                          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Drin666
                            You are Slavic. Genetically and linguistically you are Slavic. I don't give a shyt about Greece. The Western part of this artificial country of FYROM is Albanian. From Kumanova to Tetove to Gostivar to Dibra to Kercova to Struga. Hopefully we reclaim Prespa and Monastir.

These are our lands!
                            First of all nothing is your lands. Second of all if you cannot respect Macedonia and have a need to call it artificial then get the f@%k out of my country. By the way if we are Slavic then what makes you think that you are not? Do you honestly think that the Slavs stopped advancing in Epirus? They settled ALL OF THE BALKANS. I've yet to see any hard evidence that you people are who you claim you are. As far as I'm concerned you're a bunch of frauds that the west created. Show me one Albanian before the 19th century that states that his ancestors are the ancient Illyrians? I can show you something before the 19th century from your own forefathers mouths that states that you are Arabs - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=2012

Enver it's time to get back to reality and stop smoking your grandfathers peace pipe loaded with crack from Kosovo.
                            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

LOL your attempts at this BS is hilarious. We are the indigenous people of the Balkans and I advise you to stop playing the chicken and the egg game.
                              You are indigenous? You, who has 70% loanwords in your language that is muffled beyond recognition? You, an open racist and supporter of terrorists?

Guess what, game over.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X