History says: Ancient Makedonia was Not Greek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonian
    • Apr 2009

History says: Ancient Makedonia was Not Greek!

Macedonian bloggers READ the Objective historical truth from the U.S.A. book "Alexander the Great: Macedonian King and Conqueror"(2004) by Bernard Rendall and I quote:

" MACEDON
    Although today there is a country called Greece, in ancient times it did not exist. Instead there were many small independent city-states inhabited by Greek-speaking peoples...Alexander the Great came from Macedon, a region now largely in northern Greece, but also partly in Bulgaria and the former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia. The Macedonians of the fourth century BC were on he edges of Grek cvilization, both geogrpahically and culturally. The Macedonian language was related to Greek, BUT MACEDON'S NEIGHBOURS WOULD NOT HAVE UNDERSTOOD IT" (my capitals)(p.9)

"By the time of Alexander, classical Greek culture influenced many aspects of the Macedonian culture, but many old customs remained. The Macedonains were fond of heavy driniking and hunting. MANY GREEKS THOUGHT OF MACEDONIANS AS BARBARIC AND UNCIVILISED. THE MACEDONIANS NO DOUBT LOOKED DOWN ON THE GREEKS AS WEAK AND "BOOKISH".(P. 9-10)

MACEDONIANS AND GREEKS CAN BE CONSIDERED TO COMPRISE ONE CULTURAL GROUP WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER CULTURES, SUCH AS THAT OF THE EGYPTIANS OR PERSIANS, BUT THEY THOUGHT OF THEMSELVES AS BEING DISTINCT PEOPLES IN MOST RESPECTS" (p. 10 my capitals)

The ancient Historian Bernard Rendall, and other Idependent (or non-Balkan)Indian and Phillipines, Bible translators(Christian community Bible - 2005 edition), and Australian Ancient hisotrian Historians,that I quoted in my previosus bloggs, clearly show that the Ancient Macedonians were a distinct cultural,lingustic people and in modern terms Macedonian Nation.

Orthodox Christian Greetings from Down Under!

Makedonija na Makedoncite!
    Makedonia for the Makedonians!
    FREEDOM TO QUEBEC / QUEBEC LIBRE!
  • Mygdon
    • May 2009

The greeks will never change their general opinion about the macedonian topic, no matter how many facts there are available which reveal the "ungreekish" picture of ancient Macedonia.

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by artemi View Post
      The greeks will never change their general opinion about the macedonian topic, no matter how many facts there are available which reveal the "ungreekish" picture of ancient Macedonia.
      Welcome to our forum Artemi!
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

So many new faces.
        Welcome gentlemen.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Magedon
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by artemi View Post
          Εven if the whole world does not agree with them they will never change their 13th century mindset and believe that the earth is flat...

Βογ δα ψυωα!
          Makedonsko devojche, kitka sharena; od gradina nabrana - dar podarena - IMA LI ?????

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Greeks will never change their opinion about their own origins let alone something in antiquity that the modern Hellenes have nothing to do with.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• AlexanderMKD
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Greeks will never change their opinion about their own origins let alone something in antiquity that the modern Hellenes have nothing to do with.

Personally I don`t care about their opinion and their origin, if that pleased them they can call them selves whatever they want...
              More important for me is, are they ever gonna accept us as reality or they are going to continue lying them selves and the rest of the world who believe them ( not many i hope ) that we are some sort of invented nation not long ago...
              One name, one nation - M a c e d o n i a

Comment

• Makedonian
                • Apr 2009

Ancient Makedonia was not Greek - 2 -

Macedonian bloggers READ further ancient historical evidence of the existence of the Macedonian Empire and people in the Book from the U.S.A. "Alexander the Great: Macedonian King and Conqueror (2004) by the Scottish ancient Historian Bernard Rendall:

And I quote:

"PILLIP II
                ...It was in 338 that Alexander got his first taste of full scale battle. Philip had invaded Greece, and Chaeronea the Macedonians met the alliance of Greek city states. Alexander was put in command of the cavalry, the most important part of the army. Phillip's plan of battle was superb, and Alexander played his part perfectly. THE MACEDONIAN VICTORY WAS COMPLETE. THE GREEKS HAD LITTLE OPTION BUT TO SUBMIT TO PHILIP, AND HE FORCED THEM TO SIGN A TREATY BRINGING THEM TOGETHER IN AN ORGANIZATION KNOWN AS THE LEAGUE OF CORINTH. Phillip got himself elected president of the league of and supreme general for the war he now planned to wage against the Persian Empire." (p.18-9 my capitals)

Or to put it in simple, the Macedonian King, Philip II, wages war on the Greek City states, defeats and rules them. Or, Macedonia RULES Greece in 338 BC and the Macedonian(Not Greek) Empire is established. But, modern historians who are politically and ideologically Greek inclined would have us believe that this somehow was a Greek or Hellenic or Elladian Empire?? Which is not history but modern politics!

"THE MACEDONIAN ARMY
                ...There were many other troops in the Macedonian army. EACH NATIONALITY OR GROUP UNDER MACEDONIAN CONTROL HAD ITS OWN STYLE OF FIGHTING...(p. 22 my capitals)

"Early in the spring of 334 B.C. Alexander crossed into Asia minor at the head of his army. He had with him a force of 32,000 infantry and 5,100 cavalry. OF THE INFANTRY, 12,000 WERE MACEDONIAN PIKEMEN AND AN EQUAL NUMBER WERE GREEK INFANTRY MEN. MOST OF THE REMAINING 8,000 INFANTRY WERE ARCHERS. THERE WERE 1,800 MACEDONIAN CAVALRY. THE REST OF THE CAVALRY WERE FROM THE MACEDONIAN TERRITORIES. ALTHOUGH THE MACEDONIANS WERE THE ELITE FORCES, THE WHOLE ARMY WAS WELL TRAINED AND WELL EQUIPPED." (p. 37 my capitals)

It is also worth noting here, that Alexander the Great crosses into Asia, with a multi-ethnic or as,Bernard Rendall refers, multi-national army of Greeks and Macedonians, with the Macedonians being the elite and controlling force. And again,
                Not as some historians and politicians will let us believe and take us into Greek mythology of a Greek or Hellenic Army, under the control of Alexander III, somehow fighting for the glory of Greece?

And the last quote which is very interesting:

" According to Arrian, there were 20,000 Persian cavalry, and an equal number of GREEK MERCENERIES(SOLDIERS FOR HIRE) IN THE PERSIAN ARMY." (p.39 my capitals)

I' will let my Greek speaking Macedonian bloggers comment on the fact that there were close as many Greek mercenaries in the Persian as there were in the Greek soldiers in the Macedonian Army?

So according the Scottish Ancient Historian, Ancient Macedonia was Not purely Greek, either culturally or nationally, or militarily and it is a fact that before Alexander's conquest in Asia, the Greek City States become part of the MACEDONIAN EMPIRE, and a ruled by Macedonian Dynasty starting of by Phillip II of Macedon who also allowed many educational and cultural influences into Macedonia by the Macedonian philosopher and Alexander's tutor Aristotle.

Or, Neigbours do, and have been learining from each other for thousands of years...and this is true of the Balkans peoples too! :-)

Orthodox Christian Greetings from Down Under!

Makedonija na Makedoncite!
                Makedonia for the Makedonians!
                FREEDOM TO QUEUBEC / QUEBEC LIBRE!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AlexanderMKD View Post
                  More important for me is, are they ever gonna accept us as reality or they are going to continue lying them selves and the rest of the world who believe them ( not many i hope ) that we are some sort of invented nation not long ago...
                  Correction, the rest of the world does not believe them. It wants to believe them. But it knows better and it also knows there are consequences if the truth is revealed.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• AlexanderMKD
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Correction, the rest of the world does not believe them. It wants to believe them. But it knows better and it also knows there are consequences if the truth is revealed.

That`s way i said not many i hope to make distinction from illusion in which gayreeks live and the reality that whole world or at least the most of it knows...

It`s werry difficult to explain to the people who are interested about our problems with the neighbors why are they doing that and what are the main reasons for it, especially if they are coming from countries where most of the people don`t even know what Macedonia is... Sad but true...

I`m active on many other forums where i debate with the others about Macedonia and macedonian nation and history, it`s funny when all the arguments that the other side have are one and same all the time, the bedtime stories that they read every night when they go to sleep, and that`s how the communists invented Macedonia and macedonians...

It makes me wonder, are they so stupid to believe in those craps or it`s just the best that they can come out with it?

P.S. I`m new here, so i was wondering, do we have some gayreek or bulgarian registered here to exchange some posts with them or not?
                    Last edited by AlexanderMKD; 05-25-2009, 05:59 PM. Reason: Small gramar mistakes...(2)
                    One name, one nation - M a c e d o n i a

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Welcome AMKD.
                      Yes, the Macedonian perspective is not given anywhere near enough exposure.
                      You keep calling Greeks "Gayreeks". If you really thought about it, gay Greeks could become Macedonia's friends. They know what it is like to be a minority. So in fact, you are talking about Greeks as your enemy and not "Gayreeks". We don't really need to be involved in slinging matches with people of low intellect that are inhumane.

Our biggest fight is with Macedonians who perpetuate the slave/victim mindset that the Ottomans instilled in us.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Magedon
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AlexanderMKD View Post
                        That`s way i said not many i hope to make distinction from illusion in which gayreeks live and the reality that whole world or at least the most of it knows...

It`s werry difficult to explain to the people who are interested about our problems with the neighbors why are they doing that and what are the main reasons for it, especially if they are coming from countries where most of the people don`t even know what Macedonia is... Sad but true...

I`m active on many other forums where i debate with the others about Macedonia and macedonian nation and history, it`s funny when all the arguments that the other side have are one and same all the time, the bedtime stories that they read every night when they go to sleep, and that`s how the communists invented Macedonia and macedonians...

It makes me wonder, are they so stupid to believe in those craps or it`s just the best that they can come out with it?

P.S. I`m new here, so i was wondering, do we have some gayreek or bulgarian registered here to exchange some posts with them or not?
                        Its the best they can think off - ofcourse. What to say - that we fell from mars in macedonia??Noo its too much so they go with the time machine thesis.

Makedonsko devojche, kitka sharena; od gradina nabrana - dar podarena - IMA LI ?????

Comment

Working...
                        X