X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Confidential documents to be released

Greek Foreign Minister Dora Bakoyannis will present Wednesday the book "The Macedonian issue and Bulgaria - Confidential documents1950-1967".

The book is a joint publication of the Society for Macedonian Studies and the Bulgarian State Archives, Makfax news agency said.

The presentation will take place at the Athens War Museum.

Meanwhile, the party of Macedonian minority in Greece, Rainbow, unearthed a classified document of the Greek national security service released in 1982. The document clearly shows Greece's methods to deliberately destroy the Macedonian identity.

In accordance with the plan, released on 16 February 1982 by the then secret service chief Dimitris Kapelaris, Athens set up a team "Plot against Macedonia" to be sent to Greek part of Macedonia and infiltrate all public services.

The secret plan was made at time when large number of Macedonians in Greece were placed under surveillance, jailed, beaten and laid off because they identified themselves as Macedonians without knowing that they were spied on.

"The Skopians' activities for the autonomy of Macedonia may be efficiently confronted mainly by wiping out the use of the idiom, in the regions near the borders. This element by itself would be enough to exclude any thoughts of repatriation of the political refugees who now reside in Yugoslavia and who have been brought up with the "Macedonian idea", the "Macedonian language and culture" and activities taken for detaching Greek territories, during the period 1946-1949."

The document calls for creation of a state institution with specially trained to the "Plot against Macedonia" subject, personnel. This institution will engage itself only with this subject, with the supervision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will collaborate closely, but in secret, with the security authorities and all the public services.

"In the public services and especially in the educational institutions the employees who will be in service have to be ignorant of the local idiom."

"Establishment of Cultural Association, like "ARISTOTELIS" in Florina and economic help to them, for the realization of events and the publishing of books, newspapers, magazines, etc. and afterwards these will be sent to the Diaspora abroad who has origins from the regions of the senders. This will boost their national sentiment and they will be protected from the anti-Hellenic propaganda that is been practiced by Slavmacedonians organizations."

The plan also foresees insertion of various obstacles such as non-recognition of diplomas, postponement of military service for the Greek students who wish to study in Skopje.

"Marking in each village of persons who, due to their kin bounds and their personality, influence a large circle of co-villagers and with any means get close to them and use them properly so they will behave as the fighters of the use of the idiom in their circle."

"Recruitment in the armed forces, in police, in the public services with employees with origins from Florina region, by exception, and their obligatory location in other areas of the Country. The encouragement, by the leadership of the Army, of meetings and marriages of Army officers, who are on duty there and have origins abroad, with women that speak the idiom." /end/
    Ha ha .... Dora was hoping to baffle the world with this. Meanwhile it was the perfect opportunity for Rainbow to talk of "other" documents. I take my hat off the Rainbow for utilising this opportunity in the best possible fashion.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I can't wait to review the "documents" that Bulgaria and Greece have "created".
    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Likewise, whatever document these idiots produce, it will only ever be a piece of cheap propaganda, lies, fabrications or 'loch-ness' sightings of the Phillipou type, lol.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Here is the cover I think:

The translation:

Грците и Бугари вo Македониjа се разбираат тешко последниве 80 години.
        Битно е дека сега се работи продуктивно за историската вистина на општиот хоризонт заиднината на нашите народи в Европската униjа и НАТО.
        Плод на соработката помеѓу националните архиви на Бугариja и Заедницата за македонски проучувања се публикуваните таjни
        Бугарски документи. Се покажува политиката на Бугариjа кон Македониjа на високо ниво на преговорите според триаголникот Софиjа-Белград-Скопје, 1950-1967 година, кога во Скопје се базира експанзионистички македонизам
        Никос Мертзос - Председател на Заедницата за македонски истражувања

Проблемот со бугарските тајни документи, се реши
        благодарение на контактите кои биле востоновени за први пат помегу
        Државните архиви во Бугариjа и Заедницата за македонски изтражувања.
        Документите покажуваат комплексни процедури при
        формирањето на бугарската политика кон македонското прашање.
        Уверен сум дека нашата соработка со Заедницата за македонски
        истражувања ќе еволуриа успешно и со резултати.
        Борjана Бузаска
        Директор на Државниот архив на Бугариjа
        Seems they decided to sell us out as Bulgarians and will try to pull the Tito thing again, judging from the Pictures on the cover.

What do we expect from them anyways. Now Bulgars and ArvanitoVlachs are the best friends.
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I think it is funny that the Bulgarian documents have magically appeared from 1950. Perhaps Bulgaria decided not to include documents from less than 10 years earlier when Bulgarian leader Georgi Dimitrov was honoring the Macedonian identity.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

It is a cheap shot, propaganda as it was back then it is today.
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Dejan
              • Sep 2008

the arvanitovlachs must be getting desperate if they are siding with the tatars. They may be out of ideas. But how do the arvanitovlachs feel about the tatars recognising the Republic of Macedonia as a nation?
              You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

The Bulgar/Greco propaganda machine needs to be met with an extremely strong reply from Macedonia.
                If Dora is the one representing Greece in this matter.
                There can be nobody else other than Milososki who responds from Macedonia.
                If Macedonia fails to respond, it will be a waste of a golden opportunity to present our faultless case to the world community.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Struja
                  • Sep 2008

haha lele how desperate can Dora be? lol... I still cant believe it…. and you’re right rtg, it’s a golden opportunity to hit them back hard with this shit..

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Gospodin Milososki should take this oppertunity and boomerang that book so he manages to hit both Dora and her Bulgarian counterpart in the head.

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Likewise, whatever document these idiots produce, it will only ever be a piece of cheap propaganda, lies, fabrications or 'loch-ness' sightings of the Phillipou type, lol.
                      We see bits of the same propaganda expressed in the British House of Lords around 1900 ... in the Carnegie Report on the Balkan Wars ... etc. The "absence" of Macedonians effectively being consecrated by the institutions of Europe. It is well known that Greek and Bulgarian political units were active in Europe, at this time, and it is well known that at that time, they distorted the numbers, artificially inflated numbers to misrepresent the state of things in Macedonia. If they lied then, why should they be believed now ?! [/I]This shameless propaganda is still going on today, only today they mask it by the use of such terms as professional, objective, real ...etc.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

RTG, you dead right about that.

It needs a response from Milososki, saying it is colonial propoganda that the Macedonians were never "Bulgarians".

It only occured to me recently that Bulgaria probably has as much if not more to gain from this illegitimate dispute, as the Greeks.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Έγκυρη και έγκαιρη ενημέρωση, με τα νέα από την Ελλάδα, την Ευρώπη και τον κόσμο 24 ώρες το 24ωρο, παρέχει το Αθηναϊκό Πρακτορείο Ειδήσεων - Μακεδονικό Πρακτορείο Ειδήσεων.

Greek Foreign Minister Dora Bakoyannis presented a timely book entitled "The Macedonian Issue and Bulgaria - Classified Documents 1950-1967", jointly published by the Thessaloniki-based Macedonian Studies Society and the State Archives of Bulgaria, during an event at the War Museum in Athens on Wednesday evening.

Bakoyannis referred to the joint effort by the research entities of the two neighbouring countries, emphasising that current EU and NATO partners Greece and Bulgaria have permanently turned a page in the relations between them.

"In the ranks of the same European family and both of us now being members of the Atlantic alliance, having left the past behind us, Greece and Bulgaria are cooperating closely at all levels - political, economic, energy, cultural - and we form a strong axis of stability and development for all of southeastern Europe," she said.

Bakoyannis conceded that the issue contained in the book is quite complicated "since mere reference to it creates different reflexes, not only to Greeks and Bulgarians, but to almost all peoples in our region."

The foreign minister also focused on the thorny "name issue" affecting relations between Athens and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (fYRoM), saying that "Greece has repeatedly proved in practice its clear will and adherence to the goal of a mutually acceptable solution being found," she said, adding "indeed, in the past years we pursued and achieved a new mobility, a new international impetus in the direction of finding a solution."

Meanwhile, she again reiterated that Greece seeks a mutually acceptable solution for the name issue, with a geographic determinant for all uses.

Bakoyannis congratulated and thanked all those who participated in the research effort and, referring to the work of the decades-old Macedonian Studies Society, referred to a systematic and scientifically perfect work, while congratulating Society President Nikolaos Mertzos in particular.

The new publication employed up until recently classified Bulgarian state documents detailing the decisions and framework by which the "Macedonian Issue" arose in the immediate wake the Second World War, with its cover featuring a well-known photograph of the then Yugoslav and Bulgarian leaders, Josip Broz Tito and Georgi Dimitrov, respectively.
                          What about the other people Dora?
                          You know ... the MACEDONIANS!
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Dora only understands base Arvanitic language so here goes....

Comment

Working...
                            X