• Show
Clear All
  • NikodimMKD
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Dnevnik, Macedonia: Rufi Osmani calls for constitutional amendment

Dnevnik, Macedonia: Rufi Osmani calls for constitutional amendment

21 April 2009 | 11:21 | FOCUS News Agency

Skopje. After the local election win in the municipality of Gostivar Rufi Osmani returns to politics, Macedonian Dnevnik daily writes.
    In an interview with the newspaper Osmani notes that he returns with a proposal for a new agreement, which says that Macedonia should be established as a country of the Macedonian and Albanian peoples. The daily comments that although the call for constitutional amendment will trigger public reactions, he says he is patient and certain that after some time the new agreement will be feasible. He thinks the public wants the final closure of the issue.
    “The Albanian people in Macedonia has an interim status, a status between a national minority and a constituent people. I would say a status of nationality. That is why we aim at a new agreement, which will state that Macedonia is a state of Macedonians and Albanians. The idea is that the rights and obligations at a collective level have to be one and the same and thus the issue will be closed. The idea is to set up central institutions that will put opportunities, rights and obligations on one and the same level. Ohrid Framework Agreement is definitely a transitional solution, which is already expiring. The new agreement that would be worked out for a new establishment will be democratic and based on a wide consensus – civil, national and interethnic,” Osmani says.

• Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

This is good.
    It is now a very good time to review all agreements and see if the people of Macedonian (in particular the Macedonians) are happy with existing arrangements.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Macedonia is the national state of the Macedonian people, and its minorities.

The Albanians are a minority, end of story, if they want to be anything more than that, Albania is right next door, they can jump over the same mountain back to where most of them came from.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

I'm afraid this Albanian politician is asking for 50/50 power sharing and that the Albanians in Macedonia are not treated as a minority.

"That is why we aim at a new agreement, which will state that Macedonia is a state of Macedonians and Albanians."

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Who gives a shit what this idiot is asking for, you?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Who gives a shit what this idiot is asking for, you?
            Maybe the half a million Albanians (1/4 of the total populace) who live in Macedonia...And PERHAPS the MACEDONIAN newspaper that is running the story. Are your brain cells taking the day off today or are they on permanent holiday?

Comment

• Venom
              • Sep 2008

There are no where near half a million Albanians living in Macedonia.

The moron in this article can ask for whatever he likes, like SoM said nazad do Squipitaria ako ne mu cini.
              S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by NikodimMKD View Post
                Maybe the half a million Albanians (1/4 of the total populace) who live in Macedonia...And PERHAPS the MACEDONIAN newspaper that is running the story. Are your brain cells taking the day off today or are they on permanent holiday?
                24% (official statistics say less), of about 2.1 million people are Albanians - that makes them a minority, and under the Constitution they are given all the rights of a minority. Anything more, is an attack on the Macedonian State, and its institutions.

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

There are about 400,000 Albanians in Macedonia, 100,000 of which spend more time outside of Macedonia, than in Macedonia. each year.

Let's see what happens after the visa liberalisation with Europe expected for later this year. If the majority of Albanians continue believing that Macedonia will never enter EU/NATO because of the name-dispute and will never give in on the name, then you will see a very substantial amount of Albanians move out of Macedonia over the next 5 years., than in Mace

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                    There are about 400,000 Albanians in Macedonia, 100,000 of which spend more time outside of Macedonia, than in Macedonia. each year.

Let's see what happens after the visa liberalisation with Europe expected for later this year. If the majority of Albanians continue believing that Macedonia will never enter EU/NATO because of the name-dispute and will never give in on the name, then you will see a very substantial amount of Albanians move out of Macedonia over the next 5 years., than in Mace
                    So are you saying we have to be isolated in Europe and in NATO in order to be "safe" from the Albanian menace?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by NikodimMKD View Post
                      So are you saying we have to be isolated in Europe and in NATO in order to be "safe" from the Albanian menace?
                      I think you should provide a definition of what you mean by "isolation". At the moment, it seems like you're using it as a buzzword, a lot like SDSM and DPMNE does in order to scare Macedonians into falling for their completely uneccessary treasonous capitulations.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Do you think that by putting it in terms of 'isolation' you are making it less appealing? What is 'isolation' from Europe and NATO? And why is that a bad thing?

All the Macedonian people really care about is the visa liberalisation, so that they can easily travel and work in Western Europe. When that happens (expected later this year) there will be no basis to claims of 'isolation'.

We will not join the European Union for another 8 years or so, regardless of what we do. This is a fact. Even before the name dispute became a criteria, the common acceptance was that Macedonia would join the EU around 2015/2016, no sooner.

So those upcoming five years of visa liberalisation that I speak of, prior to EU accession, will occur either way and all that I wrote in my previous post will take place. There's just a matter of whether the Government can increase the speed of things that happen, by playing on the power of perception.

The Albanians in Macedonia are desperate to be part of the EU, at any cost (incl. name change, etc). But as we know, the 'name dispute' has become the single most important blocking factor for Macedonia's membership to the EU. By making it known to all of the citizens in Macedonia that there will be no name change, even at the cost of never joining the European Union or NATO, that will cause a great number of Albanians in Macedonia to give up on Macedonia, and with visa liberalisation, many will move out.

Macedonians will move out too, no doubt, but as Macedonia is (and will become more so in 5 years time) the home of the Macedonian people, they will always feel an attachment to Macedonia and will likely return (as has been shown by most other countries which join the EU).

NikodimMKD, when do you think it will be time for you to reveal who you are? By that, I mean how long are we supposed to keep playing dumb for you, pretending to believe that you are a Macedonian?

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2009

NikodimMKD, when do you think it will be time for you to reveal who you are? By that, I mean how long are we supposed to keep playing dumb for you, pretending to believe that you are a Macedonian?
                          Rogi,

I already stated who I am on 3 separate occasions on this forum. If you don't want to believe it, that's really not my problem. Stick with the topic and leave your conspiracy theories for your friends at the cafe.
                          Last edited by NikodimMKD; 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

I did stick to the topic, I gave you a response. I added a side note about who you are, you chose to go off topic and post on that, as opposed to my entire response.

Your writing style and method of expression is very familiar. I have no doubts as to who you are.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                              I did stick to the topic, I gave you a response. I added a side note about who you are, you chose to go off topic and post on that, as opposed to my entire response.

Your writing style and method of expression is very familiar. I have no doubts as to who you are.

That's great. Then you could stop asking the same question like a broken record.

Comment

Working...
                              X