Civil War in greece - Macedonians are UNWELCOME - Travel advice !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Civil War in greece - Macedonians are UNWELCOME - Travel advice !!!

YouTube - Civil War in greece - Macedonians are UNWELCOME - Travel advice !!!

matters had reached such a pitch in grease, that we can assume that splitting is very near.

it will come together what belongs together

belamorska makedonija spoena so majka
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia advises against travel to Greece
    15 April 2009 | 16:07

The Macedonian Foreign Ministry has advised its citizens not to travel to Greece due to the violence that has become an increasingly common feature recently.

If traveling to Greece is absolutely necessary, then the ministry advises Macedonian citizens to be careful, to park their vehicles in guarded car parks, and to avoid cities and centers where protests are being held, as well as buildings and institutions that are most often targeted, according to Macedonian news agency MIA.

The ministry adds that the Greek government has been unable to control the situation in the country, especially in larger cities such as Athens and Thessaloniki.

It also points out that the protesters have thrown Molotov cocktails at car showrooms, banks, police patrols and foreign representative offices in the last few months.

Anarchist groups have taken over the university center and threatened to bomb churches, the ministry adds in its warning.

It also states that several dozen Macedonian citizens and goods carriers have informed local institutions that their vehicles have been damaged while in Greece.

The ministry recommends that Macedonian citizens continue to monitor the situation there.
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

This is an appropriate response from Macedonia.
      It's citizens are quite simply not safe in Greece.
      Over a name!
      Shame on Greece.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• NikodimMKD
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        This is an appropriate response from Macedonia.
        It's citizens are quite simply not safe in Greece.
        Over a name!
        Shame on Greece.
        A friend of mine was in Solun 2 months ago for a holiday. He had never been to Greece and he told me he started speaking Macedonian very loud because he thought people would welcome that and that others would start talking back to him in Macedonian, but it turns out an entire mob of people surrounded him and started calling him every name in the book like "Slav", "Skopian", "Bulgar" and one person even spat in his face and told him to go back to "Skopia". He told me he didn't understand what they were saying, but apparently he felt very scared because it was just 2 Macedonians vs. maybe 10-15 greeks so they ran away. Apparently some greeks were coming to beat them up with clubs.

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Despite the Greek claims of 'homogenuity', Solun is actually a pretty multicultural city and you will hear many people speaking many different languages from all over Europe and the Balkans, as well as some from Africa, some from the Middle East and others from Asia.

So, hearing another language is not unusual and it begs the question, if friends your story is true, how would they know what language he is speaking, unless they understand the language?

I was in Solun last-year and spoke Macedonian, loudly and intentionally everywhere, I got a few unwelcoming stares, but I also got a few people speaking back to me in Macedonian (albeit not publicly, for the most part).

Nobody came to my face and did anything you described though.
          Last edited by Rogi; 04-16-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
            Despite the Greek claims of 'homogenuity', Solun is actually a pretty multicultural city and you will hear many people speaking many different languages from all over Europe and the Balkans, as well as some from Africa, some from the Middle East and others from Asia.

So, hearing another language is not unusual and it begs the question, if friends your story is true, how would they know what language he is speaking, unless they understand the language?

I was in Solun last-year and spoke Macedonian, loudly and intentionally everywhere, I got a few unwelcoming stares, but I also got a few people speaking back to me in Macedonian (albeit not publicly, for the most part).

Nobody came to my face and did anything you described though.

He was being honest. I have known the guy for 10 years. He's not the sensationalist type. He told me him and his friend Sasha were running for at least 4 blocks. What's sad is that told me he's never going to visit Solun ever again. Too much hatred...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

One of the stories sounds questionable......
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Venom
                • Sep 2008

Guys I can tell you in '06 when I was in Solun, I got:

- parked in;
                - seriously almost run off the road twice;
                - over charged for a frappe.
                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

I was in Solun in January, didn't mean to go but plane got diverted. Anyway we got put in a hotel but because I was flying to Sofia everyone expected me to be Bulgarian. however the whole time I was speaking Macedonian to the Bulgarians and they were speaking back to me in Bulgarian and I could swear one of the employees in the hotel was Macedonian, he kept on trying to catch my eye and always smile. Didn't get a chance to speak to him, rush in the hotel, organisation to a min as you would expect. Funny thing is when I went to reception to check out the lady looked at my British passport and said, Bulgarian? I said, no Macedonian. She wrote down British
                  Anyway the best experience I had was with this guy and his wife I met on the plane who is Bulgarian. They didn;t have any euros for the cab from the airport to the hotel (you had to pay your own coz again organisation down to zero) so I said they can come with me, i don't mind. We are chatting and he said my mother is from Solun and I was like really? he said yeah she is Macedonian from SOlun and I could jump for joy, Macedonian with me. So I said you are Macedonian, that's cool and he said no, I am Bulgarian. And I asked him again if his mum was Macedonian he said yes, but he was Bulgarian, go figure Anyway it was late, I was tired, got ripped off in the cab, journey of 4 euros cost me 16, probably coz I was speaking Macedonian but all in all no one actually said anything to me. Maybe I was lucky

Comment

Working...
                  X