Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 05-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of
Default US tensions with Iran

Anyone watching what is unfolding between Iran and the USA?

It seems the Trump administration, particularly John Bolton is hell bent on starting some kind of conflict with Iran. The situation has all the early warning signs that the US is making up precursors for war.

Apart from Iran being the last opposing power in the region, I don't see what the angle/benefit is to the US to get involved in a potentially disastrous conflict with a fairly powerful opponent.

Watch this space.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Anyone watching what is unfolding between Iran and the USA?

It seems the Trump administration, particularly John Bolton is hell bent on starting some kind of conflict with Iran. The situation has all the early warning signs that the US is making up precursors for war.

Apart from Iran being the last opposing power in the region, I don't see what the angle/benefit is to the US to get involved in a potentially disastrous conflict with a fairly powerful opponent.

Watch this space.
I saw something somewhere today that was written by a journo with contacts with someone in the Russian govt/diplomatic community...

The Russian's are apparently very confident that the US will bite off more than they can chew on this occasion...

I can see Israel being nuked if things turned sour and I think that is the only reason that will hold back the US from attacking.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

Would I be correct in suggesting that American Presidents are just token figure heads these days and that real power in America is being wielded by other, more shadowy characters behind the scenes? Iran has been part of the "Axis of Evil" narrative since 9/11. Is Trump merely implementing today what has been an inevitable foreign policy for quite some time now?
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
Would I be correct in suggesting that American Presidents are just token figure heads these days and that real power in America is being wielded by other, more shadowy characters behind the scenes? Iran has been part of the "Axis of Evil" narrative since 9/11. Is Trump merely implementing today what has been an inevitable foreign policy for quite some time now?
I think the State Department sets the agenda, a bit like a 5 year business plan, although their timeline maybe in the order of 25 - 50 years and their business is world domination...they are merely picking off the threats, one-by-one until the last man standing is Russia...their grand plan has been derailed virtually overnight with the exponential growth of China in the last two decades as well as the military, technological reemergence of the Russian Federation in recent years...but the journey (and US propaganda) continues...
Old 05-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #5
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I think the State Department sets the agenda, a bit like a 5 year business plan, although their timeline maybe in the order of 25 - 50 years and their business is world domination...they are merely picking off the threats, one-by-one until the last man standing is Russia...their grand plan has been derailed virtually overnight with the exponential growth of China in the last two decades as well as the military, technological reemergence of the Russian Federation in recent years...but the journey (and US propaganda) continues...
Thanks for the clarification. Don't forget Syria. That didn't go to plan for them either once Putin stepped in. Where's the caliphate now? It's old news thanks to the Russians. What did go according to plan was to get as many Muslim refugees into Europe as possible. There are many theories (included a Jewish conspiracy) on why the bulk of the male Syrian (mainly young) population converged on Europe but that's probably best left for another thread.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:37 AM   #6
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Don't forget Syria. That didn't go to plan for them either once Putin stepped in. Where's the caliphate now? It's old news thanks to the Russians. What did go according to plan was to get as many Muslim refugees into Europe as possible. There are many theories (included a Jewish conspiracy) on why the bulk of the male Syrian (mainly young) population converged on Europe but that's probably best left for another thread.
I think there are a couple of good analogies to describe the power of the president...one analogy would be of a new coach/manager taking over a sporting team, change rarely happens overnight, usually the coach has the same players, the same staff and is accountable to the same management, culture takes time to change...

The second analogy is that of a very large ship, that has a very large turning circle, once the course is set, big changes are difficult...

I guess there has never really been a true end to WWII, the war just continued on in many smaller fronts and in far flung corners of the globe but the recruitment of allies by both ideological sides continues today...
Old 05-15-2019, 10:27 AM   #7
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

I wouldn't call it a deep state action. The Obama administration seemed determined to avoid conflict at all costs. That is the main reason they pushed so hard to sign the nuclear agreement with Iran, to avoid having to take direct intervention.

As soon as Trump got into office he essentially canceled the Nuclear deal and imposed sanctions, backing Iran into the corner yet again that the Obama administration slowly brought Iran out of. Ever since John Bolton took for Mattis, the US has gotten extremely confrontational with Iran.

They are trying to blame Iran for some drone attacks on Saudi oil infrastructure, the US also made some bogus claims that Iran was about to attack the US in the region. They are clearly goaded Iran into a conflict and I fear one wrong move on Iran's part and the US will send its military.

I suppose you could take the view that Obama thwarted the deep state in relation to Iran, but if anything Trump seems more against the establishment than Obama ever did.

I honestly think its all John Bolton. That dude has been screaming for war with basically everyone for his entire career, and he found a president in Trump who is easy to manipulate, similar to how some of the people around Bush junior wanted war and found Bush easy to manipulate.

I also wouldn't put it past Trump to want a conflict in order to draw attention away from his legal woes. Regardless this is heating up fast and its terrifying to watch.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #8
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I wouldn't call it a deep state action. The Obama administration seemed determined to avoid conflict at all costs. That is the main reason they pushed so hard to sign the nuclear agreement with Iran, to avoid having to take direct intervention.

As soon as Trump got into office he essentially canceled the Nuclear deal and imposed sanctions, backing Iran into the corner yet again that the Obama administration slowly brought Iran out of. Ever since John Bolton took for Mattis, the US has gotten extremely confrontational with Iran
I feel like this is all some sort of "posturing" considering the U.S. already "attacked" Iran using Stuxnet many years ago. Stuxnet is a malicious computer worm and a Cyberweapon, first uncovered in 2010. On 1 June 2012, an article in The New York Times said that Stuxnet is part of a US and Israeli intelligence operation called "Operation Olympic Games", started under President George W. Bush and expanded under President Barack Obama.

Stuxnet destroyed centrifuges inside Iran's Natanz uranium enrichment site but it may have been only one element of a much larger US-prepared cyberattack plan that targeted Iran's air defenses, communications systems, and key parts of its power grid.

McAfee - What is Stuxnet?

Stuxnet is a computer worm that was originally aimed at Iran’s nuclear facilities and has since mutated and spread to other industrial and energy-producing facilities. The original Stuxnet malware attack targeted the programmable logic controllers (PLCs) used to automate machine processes. It generated a flurry of media attention after it was discovered in 2010 because it was the first known virus to be capable of crippling hardware and because it appeared to have been created by the U.S. National Security Agency, the CIA, and Israeli intelligence.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en...s-stuxnet.html

More links/videos below.

STUXNET Video: The Virus that Almost Started WW3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0pi4J8auQ

Stuxnet Worm Attack on Iranian Nuclear Facilities
http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2015/ph241/holloway1/

Massive US-planned cyberattack against Iran went well beyond Stuxnet
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...eyond-stuxnet/

Wikipedia entry on Stuxnet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

Last edited by Carlin15; 05-15-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #9
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I honestly think its all John Bolton.
So do I. Trump never should’ve let that guy back in a position like the one he currently holds.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:45 PM   #10
Gocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
So do I. Trump never should’ve let that guy back in a position like the one he currently holds.
Trump must be reading our forum! Just saw on the news that the NY times is reporting that Trump has been lashing out privately that Bolton and Pompeo are getting ahead of themselves and leading the US down the warpath which is not what Trump wants.

It further went on to say that Trump wants to speak with Iran and make some kind of deal with them, not go to war. Yet Bolton and Pompeo ordered 120,00 troops be sent to the region. Mind you these are 2 people that Trump appointed. Bolton is fucking crazy, his solution to everything is war.