Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 08-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #1341
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

New Terminator movie is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaFbKYZqtm0

Assault of Spaniards in Albania: Albanian restaurateur filmed in bizarre attack on Spanish tourists

URL:
https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/08/20...65_529144.html

The man climbed on top of the Spaniards’ vehicle and smashed in the windshield for reasons that remain unclear. The country’s prime minister has apologized for the incident

Spanish businessman Eugenio Galdón and his family became the victims of an assault by a restaurant owner while they were on vacation in Albania. The founder of the telecoms company ONO was forced to flee from the proprietor of the business in the south of the country, after he attacked Galdón and one of his children. They tried to leave in their vehicle but were stunned to see the man jump onto the hood of the car and smash the windshield. The assailant managed to stay put as the car drove for several kilometers.

The incident took place on August 15 in Porto Palermo, a popular area with tourists. Video of what happened has been broadcast by an Albanian television station, and shows not only the man trying to break through the windshield, but also the moment when he tries to open the driver’s door. At that moment, the family, accompanied by a guide and a driver, manages to make their escape.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #1342
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Volino residents detained for waiving the Kutlesh Star flag

URL:
https://english.republika.mk/sport/f...esh-star-flag/

Real drama took place Sunday afternoon outside the Ohrid police station where several people from the municipality of Debrca were detained.

According to Alfa, the people were residents of the Volino village from the municipality of Debrca, who were taken to the Ohrid police station for chanting against the “Prespa” name of the country and for waving the Kutlesh Star flag.

On the other hand, according to the Ministry of Interior, which confirmed the incident, the reason for the Volino incidents is the refereeing of the football match. Namely, after a referee’s decision, a group of dissatisfied fans from the decision began to fight. The police responded, and several people were arrested.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #1343
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Unhappy football fans.

Imagine what people would do if someone changed your country name and then had the final say on what you are allowed to say about your own history!

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #1344
Carlin15

Big Mike posts video on Instagram of his visit to Macedonia, meets with Zaev, Filipce, Hari Kostov

URL:
https://english.republika.mk/news/ma...e-hari-kostov/

US entrepreneur who produces marijuana for medical and recreational use, also known as Big Mike, posted a video on his Instagram account of his visit to Macedonia. He has been impressed by his recent visit to Macedonia, where he sees great potential for the medical cannabis business.

Big Mike in Skopje met with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Health Minister Venko Filipce, Mayor of Centar municipality Sasa Bogdanovic, as well as businessmen, including the head of Komercijalna Banka Hari Kostov.

The public learned about the meetings from his Instagram photos.

On Instagram, Big Mike also posted a video of the meetings and his visit to Skopje.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:40 PM   #1345
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Zaev merely offered his own personal stash.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:16 PM   #1346
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Macedonian language centre to be opened in Postol?

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/...xRul7nJ1xhqsA8
Old 09-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #1347
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Macedonian language centre to be opened in Postol?

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/...xRul7nJ1xhqsA8
A Macedonian Language Centre in Pella...I think Hellas would sooner freeze over before that ever happens. Then again, it was only a couple of decades ago that I thought there was no chance Macedonians could ever sing and dance to Macedonian songs in Greece but here we are...
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #1348
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
A Macedonian Language Centre in Pella...I think Hellas would sooner freeze over before that ever happens. Then again, it was only a couple of decades ago that I thought there was no chance Macedonians could ever sing and dance to Macedonian songs in Greece but here we are...
Would a language centre in Postol be anything more than symbolic? I think I heard there still is a minority in that region but a centre in Lerin sounds more practical these days.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #1349
Karposh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Would a language centre in Postol be anything more than symbolic? I think I heard there still is a minority in that region but a centre in Lerin sounds more practical these days.
My understanding is that the Postol demographic ratio is roughly 50/50 - Macedonian/Pontian.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:44 PM   #1350
Karposh

More on the Macedonians of the Pella district. The following YouTube video is an example of Macedonians enjoying themselves at the annual Chichigaz village festival (a predominantly ethnic Macedonian village in the Pella municipality). The Greek name for this village is Stavrodromi. There are many such examples on YouTube of Macedonians singing and dancing proudly to Macedonian songs in the Pella district including the regional capital itself, Pella/Postol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFVF7s03M1U