Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Tom,

I have never diverged on my view of the FA, I think this is a little petty and like RTG said I clearly said unfair and unbalanced. I don't want to get into another pissing match about absolutely nothing. I was following Pelagon's lead since I was answering his post directly. I knew he didn't mean rights in terms of basic human rights so I didn't feel a need to make it an issue. If you ask an albanian he will say the FA outlines their rights, obviously we say privileges. Isn't a right in the eye of the beholder really? Who draws the line at what a right is and what a privilege is? I always thought of them as human rights when speaking specifically about what you would consider "rights". Anyway yes privilege is probably more appropriate.
The only points I wanted to make is that the USA would never implement anything like the FA in America even if Latinos or any other minority asked for it. They probably would never ask for something so outrages like the FA provides but the point is if they did the USA would never agree, they would see it is unfair and completely unbalanced in affording way too many special privileges. The other point was that looking at the demographics the Latinos in the USA could very well ask for something like the FA if they used Macedonia as the standard. In fact if you use Macedonia as the standard, the Latinos can gather up in Mexico, get a bunch of Mexican nationals together and wage war on Texas and California in order to secure an OFA style compromise. How long would that last, 10 seconds? There are many US politicians who already campaign openly that the Latinos are afforded too many privileges, so imagine if they were given what the FA gives? I think most Americans wouldn't stand for it but of course it's good enough for us right?
Pelagon,
Yes I agree with you on the cultural aspect. I don't know exactly why most Americans feel a sense of aversion to Latinos and their culture, they see it as totally foreign when as you point out they are much more similar with most other immigrant groups. Italian are especially one which is very similar even the language and yet some of the most racist people I've met are American/Italians. Very good point you brought up, I guess in short Americans perceive American culture as an traditionally Anglican, so they consider anything else as foreign.

Last edited by Gocka; 03-18-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Tom,

I have never divulged on my view of the FA, I think this is a little petty and like RTG said I clearly said unfair and unbalanced. I don't want to get into another pissing match about absolutely nothing. I was following Pelagon's lead since I was answering his post directly. I knew he didn't mean rights in terms of basic human rights so I didn't feel a need to make it an issue. If you ask an albanian he will say the FA outlines their rights, obviously we say privileges. Isn't a right in the eye of the beholder really? Who draws the line at what a right is and what a privilege is? I always thought of them as human rights when speaking specifically about what you would consider "rights". Anyway yes privilege is probably more appropriate.
The only points I wanted to make is that the USA would never implement anything like the FA in America even if Latinos or any other minority asked for it. They probably would never ask for something so outrages like the FA provides but the point is if they did the USA would never agree, they would see it is unfair and completely unbalanced in affording way too many special privileges. The other point was that looking at the demographics the Latinos in the USA could very well ask for something like the FA if they used Macedonia as the standard. In fact if you use Macedonia as the standard, the Latinos can gather up in Mexico, get a bunch of Mexican nationals together and wage war on Texas and California in order to secure an OFA style compromise. How long would that last, 10 seconds? There are many US politicians who already campaign openly that the Latinos are afforded too many privileges, so imagine if they were given what the FA gives? I think most Americans wouldn't stand for it but of course it's good enough for us right?
You mean diverged? Fair enough.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #13
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
You mean diverged? Fair enough.
thats auto correct for you
Old 06-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #14
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

0) http://cervantesobservatorio.fas.har...map_2017en.pdf

1) Census: U.S. Latino population grows while Puerto Rico sees unprecedented drop

URL:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...-sees-n1019496

June 20, 2019

The Census Bureau estimates that about 58 million Latinos live in the country, making up 18 percent of the nation’s population. By 2060, Latinos are expected to make up about 30 percent of the U.S. population, according to the agency.

Los Angeles County in California continues to have the largest Hispanic population in the country with a population of 4.9 million Latinos, the agency said in a press release.

While Liberty County in Texas experienced the nation’s fastest growth in Latino population, increasing by 11.4 percent (2,369 people) between 2017 and 2018, Maricopa County in Arizona saw the largest numeric growth.

“Maricopa shows a shift from the traditional growth that was focused in cities and metro areas in the South around the 90’s,” López said. “This could also be a reflection of births being more important than immigration as sources of population growth.”

The Hispanic population in Maricopa County, where the city of Phoenix is located, increased by a little more than 34,000 people (2.6 percent), according to the agency.

“Especially because of Phoenix, Arizona’s population as a whole has been increasing,” López said. “People could be moving there for a number of reasons whether it is because of jobs or people moving back home, but really the Hispanic growth there is also part of a broader growth.”

Maricopa County also had the largest numeric population growth among whites, increasing by 60,749 people (1.6 percent), as well as American Indian and Alaska Native people, which increased by 3,745 (2.4 percent).

2) Looking ahead to the 2020 Census as the Charlotte-area Hispanic population rises

URL:
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...231723988.html

June 21, 2019

Mecklenburg and its surrounding counties have seen a surge in Hispanic residents since 2010, recently released Census data show.

According to the 2018 population estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, the nine-county area has added around 66,500 Hispanic residents so far this decade, an increase of 33%. Mecklenburg County alone now has an estimated 148,300 Hispanic residents, around 14% of the population. The increase of Mecklenburg’s Hispanic population far outpaced its increase of non-Hispanic whites (9%) and non-Hispanic blacks (23 percent). Statewide since 2010, the Hispanic population grew by 25% in North Carolina and 26% in South Carolina.

3) The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects

URL:
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...nsus-projects/

March 14, 2018

(In 2060) the census projects whites will comprise only 36 percent of the under age 18 population, with Hispanics accounting for 32 percent.

4) Prevalence, Impact and Assimilation of German Americans

URL:
https://atlanticsentinel.com/2016/11...man-americans/

5 Nov 2016

German Americans are the largest ancestry group in the United States. Some 46 million Americans, comprising 14 percent of the population, claim German roots.

Assimilation

Despite their numerical preponderance, German Americans have been something of a silent majority throughout American history.

Partly that’s because they themselves deemphasized their Germanness in the first half of the twentieth century. Barely any German speakers remain.

Many first-generation German immigrants were also poor, uneducated farmers, who spread out across the Midwest, unlike, say, more middle-class Irishmen and Italians, many of whom settled in the big cities of the Northeast where they could more easily become a political force.

Whether it is in spite or because of this process of assimilation, German Americans now do better than most ethnicities on many metrics. They are more likely to have college degrees and less likely to be unemployed. Their median household income is 18 percent above the national norm.

Well-known German Americans include former House speaker John Boehner, former secretary of state Henry Kissinger, the architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, the oil magnate John D. Rockefeller and the actress Meryl Streep — as well as the current Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump.

Last edited by Carlin15; 06-21-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:26 AM   #15
Gocka

LOL They took the southwest from the Mexicans, and now they are taking it back.

One thing I have noticed in the last decade is that assimilation has been better among Hispanics. Just going through my daily routines I notice many Hispanic families speaking English among themselves What I mean is people who clearly don't speak English very well, yet still choose to speak it over their native language. Growing up this was not the case. They were like Albanians, they would make a point of speaking Spanish.

As long as assimilation progresses like it has been, I don't think the demographics matter that much. Although it will be interesting to see how these demographic changes impact public policy. Many believe that the country will shift tot he left as a result, but what I find is the more people become assimilated and vested, they tend to be much less stereotypical.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:09 AM   #16
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
They took the southwest from the Mexicans, and now they are taking it back.
The acquisition of the region by the U.S. was a bit more complicated than that.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #17
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Jul 12, 2019 - U.S. Flag Replaced With Mexican Flag At ICE Facility:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWNBRWAgiFA

Hispanics in California now outnumber whites - BBC News:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCudotri0E

By 2050 Over Half of America's Population Will Be Hispanic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAsYoDltoQ

Last edited by Carlin15; 07-14-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote