Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #11
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigen View Post
I don't buy that "MPO was the only game in town before 1960", no way!
I would not even comment on what goes on in Canada. But surely in the late 1800's many Macedonians were coming over as members of the Exarchate??

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
El Bre

El Bre is on a distinguished road

Indigen, before 1960 there existed small village organizations, MPO was the only real "big" organization until the United Macedonians started up. If you research the MPO, you will find that the majority of it's member came from a certain area of Aegean Macedonia. There were others in Canada at the time from other areas of Egejska who had nothing to do with MPO. As Risto alluded to, you have to consider their sphere of influence back home, ie who ran the churches and schools.

Last edited by El Bre; 02-28-2010 at 11:14 PM.
El Bre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
MP_MK
Banned

MP_MK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
Ok, we all know it is Tashkovich. Let's just put it out there.
I was looking for more of a confirmation form RTG that this particular individual knows what he is talking about, rather than a name lol.

Last edited by MP_MK; 02-28-2010 at 10:54 PM.
MP_MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #14
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

I did not even know who you were alluding to.
Further, (now that I do), I would not think Tashkovic would be the foremost authority on matters such as this. Not taking away anything from him but I just did not think he would work in those spheres. There is significant difference between being intelligent and being informed.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #15
osiris

osiris is on a distinguished road

the mpo was the right wing fascist leaning orgnisation as it would have been if it was pro bulgarian there existed another the mp league who after the ww2 were destroyed by the us for being un american.

the bitovs have contributed to the macedonian cause vangelovski, they are not untainted by their association with the old mpo, but they are patriotic active and generous to the cause.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #16
MP_MK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
I did not even know who you were alluding to.
Further, (now that I do), I would not think Tashkovic would be the foremost authority on matters such as this. Not taking away anything from him but I just did not think he would work in those spheres. There is significant difference between being intelligent and being informed.
Point is, GT always finds himself as the "go to" man and is privy to info that most are not privy to.

If you spoke to him on such matters, you would conclude that he has an abundant knowledge on the issues, but chooses to focus on other areas.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #17
El Bre

El Bre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
the bitovs have contributed to the macedonian cause vangelovski, they are not untainted by their association with the old mpo, but they are patriotic active and generous to the cause.
Thanks Osiris, that's what I was trying to say. I may have gotten there eventually
El Bre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #18
Prolet

Prolet is on a distinguished road

MP, GT cant speak Macedonian at all remember?
Prolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #19
MP_MK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolet View Post
MP, GT cant speak Macedonian at all remember?
haha I'm sure he is getting better.

To be honest- I know some big Macedonian activists that can not speak Macedonian ... I don't think that's a pre-requsite.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
the mpo was the right wing fascist leaning orgnisation as it would have been if it was pro bulgarian there existed another the mp league who after the ww2 were destroyed by the us for being un american.

Osiris,

Seeing as the Bitove's are supporters of UMD, and financially backed the pro-Gligorov Macedonian World Congress (a cheap and ideologically flawed imitation of Todor Petrov's WMC) in the early 90's, I'm not entirely sure which "cause" they support.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote